Whenever I kill a Genji this happens

That’s you then. I personally find joy in fighting easy fights lol.

Edit: oh you meant your own Mercy. In which case, yea that was the one drawback. But I’m arguing that fighting against a hiding mercy isn’t unfair. That and they could’ve just fixed the issue with removed invul and LoS. Reworking the entire hero and then giving us Moth meta??? LOL NO.

Of course you enjoy being on the opposing end, but having it on your team sucked and you couldn’t say anything to them either or they’d get upset.

Ironically, it’s usually your teammates that told you to hide in the first place. Me, personally, used to tell them to [redacted] off.

He got hurt REAL bad by Moria / Brig being added. But, he did have times where he was Meta since.

It isn’t like he was garbage. But, given that there has been very few times when he didn’t have a counter being Meta, it is unsurprising that he has struggled.

Nooo, I think there was a one time where he was almost meta right after the Brig nerf but he didnt make it all the way there.

He got hurt REAL bad by Moria / Brig being added. But, he did have times where he was Meta since.

It isn’t like he was garbage. But, given that there has been very few times when he didn’t have a counter being Meta, it is unsurprising that he has struggled.

The only reason he wasnt considered trash tier was nano blade being a thing.

If the support roster was bigger, you would have had more time without say… Brig being meta. That fault is directly the dev’s fault.

I agree.

Because it was removed for dumb reasons, the rework gave us moth meta and the reworked one also got nerfed to oblivion.

It was removed because it felt unfair to fight against.

Tempo ressing is fine and isn’t a balance concern. If you find that unfair, think to yourself why you didn’t kill the Mercy.

“Just find the Mercy and kill her before starting the team fight LUL” all the while the enemy team is pressuring your team.

“just shoot the Genji’s head LUL” Thats how that sounds.

Which was one of the trashiest strategies in the game. I was relieved when a mercy hid because I knew that it would a easy win from then on. 6v5s are easy to win and once the mercy ults just pop your own ults and wipe again.

Nope, there was a huge in flux of Mercy one tricks in higher ranks because this allowed them to pull off giant rez’s. I even had a cousin who was a Mercy one trick in diamond, he dropped to gold after mass rez was removed.

early early, Season 12, Genji has the highest GM pick rate of any DPS. Joys of being the local overwatch data geek :wink:

That is him being Meta right there. And is a full 5 seasons AFTER Brig was added.

It wasn’t the only time. He came and went with the Meta. It is just that either Brig or Moira is almost always meta. (Usually Brig)

What I worry about with these changes is Brig / Moira will be TOTALLY REQUIRED to be meta as the only working defense.

Which is honestly awful, I KNOW the pain of having all of the power in a hero stuck in their ult, it sucks greatly.

Totally. But that isn’t the same as ACTUALLY being unfair to fight against, and I think people forget that.

On the other hand, it is a perfectly good reason to remove something, as long as it doesn’t lead to something being for reals unfair.

That is a very dumb reason to rework an ultimate. Don’t balance off of subjective feelings thank you.

Strawman.

That and tempo ressing doesn’t allow you to hide. Google what tempo ressing is lol.

Even if the enemy mercy was hiding, you don’t need to chase her lol? Do you have any idea how easy it is to win a 6v5?

That’s the SR systems fault and the problem was overblown. What’s worse is that they fixed this problem right before the rework lmfao.

That’s absurd. Reworked Mercy was a must pick and was easier to play than mass Res mercy. If your cousin dropped that much, he probably got boosted.

If you want to better understand just how absurd the rework was, read this thread:

It’s a long read but it’s worth it.

OP if you are Moira Main you lost already.

You can, as long as it doesn’t interfere with actual balance as well. Nothing wrong with making a game feel better to play.

Balancing for subjective OVER actual balance in an esport is pretty damn bad though.

Yeah.

Some people NEVER really got Tempo rezing, and new Mercy was all about Tempoing.

People who couldn’t shift their play styles got wrecked, because they kept rezing AFTER the fight was lost, which was worse than useless.

People who were Tempoing before hand, however did pretty damn well with the Moth, because they were already rezing at the correct time.

I didn’t like what happened with new Mercy. I mean, the new GA was good (even if it was a bug at the time). I just don’t like Valk. I think it was very “Meh”, and it ended up combined with Rez on ‘e’ taking power away from her base kit, which was the wrong direction for SURE.

early early, Season 12, Genji has the highest GM pick rate of any DPS. Joys of being the local overwatch data geek :wink:

Touche, but I suspect nanoblade had a great deal to do with his pickrate, either way it was dropping significantly before buffs.

That is a very dumb reason to rework an ultimate. Don’t balance off of subjective feelings thank you.

The community as a whole were asking for it to be removed, unfair is a perfectly viable reason to remove an ability.

Strawman.

That and tempo ressing doesn’t allow you to hide. Google what tempo ressing is lol.

Even if the enemy mercy was hiding, you don’t need to chase her lol? Do you have any idea how easy it is to win a 6v5?

You had to find her and kill her before she came out of her hidey hole to rez her team, that is what people were referring to when they said “hide n seek meta”.
The enemy team peppers you, you use maybe one ult to wipe them, they get rezd and come back when your team is still weak from the team fight.

That’s the SR systems fault and the problem was overblown. What’s worse is that they fixed this problem right before the rework lmfao.

Doesnt beat the fact that mass rez had a huge impact on the game despite the low skill requirements to pull it off. Winning has been pretty important to gaining that SR.

That’s absurd. Reworked Mercy was a must pick and was easier to play than mass Res mercy. If your cousin dropped that much, he probably got boosted.

Never claimed reworked Mercy wasn’t broken, thats the fault of the dev team.

If you want to better understand just how absurd the rework was, read this thread:

I’ll read it but I doubt it will change my understanding overall, the dev team messed up big time on the rework.

I need to get some sleep i’ll respond to w/e when I wake up

It would be more tolerable if the subjective feelings they cited wasn’t complaints about facing an ultimate. Once again, ultimates in general aren’t fun to play against. That doesn’t mean we should remove them.

Agreed.

Playstyle aside though, now there was less thought needed to use Valkyrie and Resurrect. Before that, Mercy had to think a lot as to when to use ultimate. After the rework, she became the jack of all trades and her Ressurection thought process was reduced to, “is it safe to Res or not”.

Totally. There is NO way you would pick him without Nanoblade being on the table.

That would be crazy talk to even try to argue against that.

Mmmmm. If you think that is good balancing then, like… Mei / Widow / Sombra would just vanish. #deletewhatever movements are always pretty bad.

I think it is a consideration, but it can’t be the ONLY consideration. I suspect someone made Valk on an internal server as a test, and they made the choice to remove Rez after that.

It was the I-frames on Rez which did that. They could have just reverted that buff.

Now, there you are on more dodgy grounds. Most ults are VERY high impact, and very low skill.

Yep.

1 Like

No they weren’t. Don’t try to speak on behalf of the entire community please.

Not an ultimate mate. An ultimate is the epitome of unfair. If this is their line of reasoning, no ultimate in this game is safe.

I literally said tempo res. Please read what I write next time. That aside, again you don’t need to find the Mercy. What part of that do you not understand? Such a decision is incredibly foolish and dumb. If you constantly did this, no wonder you found hide n Res to be unfair. You weren’t even playing good in the first place. If your team is in a favorable 6v5 why would you leave your team to find the missing player and make the fight a 5v5? Legit what logic are you using here?

This isn’t the Mercy’s fault nor is it a problem with mass Res. If you’re using ultimates and getting picked off in a 5v6, your team is just bad. Sorry, not sorry. That aside, even if you lose 1 or two teammates, you have multiple advantages and should also have ult. legit just wipe again. If you can’t do that, then the problem here is your skill. Not the “unfairness” of mass Res.

What? Please know what you’re quoting. This is irrelevant in regards to the SR abuse.

Even then, mass Res Mercy required way more skill than reworked Mercy so clearly the problem wasn’t skill.

There’s a difference between winning and abusing a broken SR system to inflate your stats, regardless of whether you win or lose.

Never said you did. I’m criticising your cousin for supposedly deranking with an absurdly broken hero.

I think your mind will be changed. It’s a very informative post!

:grinning:

Sure thing.

Genji is an amazing duelist, I also cannot believe when I lose a duel which is why I go and run it back.

I hide and then Photon barrier. Get on my level. But seriously, area denial ults are just as good.

1 Like

Valk or a version of it was actually conceived of as Mercys ult and was scrapped for mass rez because the devs thought it wasn’t good enough or something, I forget it was a long time ago. There’s even footage somewhere of Mercy having chain beams in I think beta or alpha.

Not wanna shame genji’s, but
Its even funnier when players complain that you used an ability. :sweat_smile: E. G. Flashbang or fth. :sweat_smile:

Like sure, don’t use deflect/dash and rmb.

Sadly i don’t see those players often anymore, they are mostly just trying harder to kill me.
Than complain about some abilities.

Yea, some genji players like to complain about anything that killed them.
Imagine hanamura, second point, genji dragon blade in middle of it (he was atacking)
Me plaing torb, placing it on high ground and it melting him
genji in chat “torb is so no skill”
Yea, because ulting right in open being alone is showing your skill as genji…

People waking up to this behaviour from genji mains only now?

The hero attracts players with ego the size of a moon. Too bad blizzard is intent on feeding that same ego on silver platter.

1 Like

Is that illegal ?

I thought most of it was relatively exaggerated until I saw people defending this super saiyan 3 power level buff.