Whenever I kill a Genji this happens

Why? I was in the discord when this whole thing happened. I’ve experienced that thread in real time lol.

Where’s the hypocrisy? One was an inside joke within the mercy community whilst the other is stereotyping a community. I don’t agree with the latter but there’s really no hypocrisy here lol.

Never said flagging was the primary point.

Except that it wasn’t. Genji won that fight most of the time. Remember when I was saying he was OP all the way up to season 6? Yeah, Ana didn’t counter him at all. It wasn’t even close to even.

He and Tracer would have dropping out of being a must pick in GM if she was.

Both him and Tracer never moved out of the top 3 DPS picks in GM for 6 ENTIRE seasons, totally regardless of meta. It was a problem.

You were not playing in the early days of overwatch I see :slight_smile:

Yeah.

Most were. I wasn’t. Hell, I would love for her to have less healing and way more damage boost. So I was not a “normal” mercy main.

I don’t think you understand, it has nothing to do with mercy mains. It’s just the forums in general rushing to defend heroes they like, even if it is for something they don’t understand. (still laughing at egirl hop actually being a term from Mercy mains, didn’t know that) But if you’re a DPS the forums don’t like, it’s completely fine to stereotype them all you want. The “Are all Genji players Transphobic?” thread was funny, but you know you can’t get away with that with any non dps hero without disappearing for a few months.

Thanks for letting me know that all 77 of those people were defending Mercy mains when they didn’t even ask for it, though.
:nail_care::kiss::ghost:

Ya, no. There is a reason you had such a huge out cry for that ult. You had the possibility to rez an entire team at the click of a button, and you would consistently rez at least 3 people at one time, certainly not fair but any measurement.

That ult also caused the hide n rez playstyle you saw from so many Mercy mains.

You had the possibility to win a team fight with Blade, D’va bomb etc.

Multi res wasn’t a balance problem. Mercy still wasn’t great with it.

It was a problem in how to felt to have the fight undone. But it was never a balance problem.

Definitely just frustrating, like a lot of things in the game now. I honestly don’t think it’d be out of place anymore.

2 Likes

I main Mei, I know the difference between OP and annoying as hell :wink:

Except that it wasn’t. Genji won that fight most of the time. Remember when I was saying he was OP all the way up to season 6? Yeah, Ana didn’t counter him at all. It wasn’t even close to even.

He and Tracer would have dropping out of being a must pick in GM if she was.

Both him and Tracer never moved out of the top 3 DPS picks in GM for 6 ENTIRE seasons, totally regardless of meta. It was a problem.

Tracer she couldn’t do much against, Genji she could scare away.

You were not playing in the early days of overwatch I see :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing since season one (Genji has been my main since I picked this game up.) I’m not referring to when he had triple jump, 8 second blade or those animation cancels that broke him. I’m referring to his state of balance for the past 3 years.

You’re the one that brought up mercy mains? You could’ve just said the above and called it a day.

That aside, the forums ain’t a hivemind. I don’t get why people think this but when people say x and y, don’t assume that everyone agrees with it. They really don’t.

Hoshi and his jokes. :heart_eyes:

No, it’s not. Again, the forums aren’t a hivemind. No one here is saying they’re fine with stereotyping.

I play Sombra mainly and I think all this DPS victim mentality is the epitome of snowflake behaviour. It really needs to stop.

Dude, it was a joke. You’re seriously being unreasonable if you think people would flag the post just because it talks about a support instead. That aside, that post did get flagged so lmfao.

They probably didn’t know the term origin tbf. You know the guy that posted it? I had to link him the original video to make him understand. That aside, again, 77 likes doesn’t mean 77 flags. You’re still overblowing it and that’s what my main point was.

He got hurt REAL bad by Moria / Brig being added. But, he did have times where he was Meta since.

It isn’t like he was garbage. But, given that there has been very few times when he didn’t have a counter being Meta, it is unsurprising that he has struggled.

If the support roster was bigger, you would have had more time without say… Brig being meta. That fault is directly the dev’s fault.

I mean, I joked about Moira breaking into a Genji main’s house and slurping him to death, and my thread got flagged. 100+ likes, but still flagged.

but wait! you’re not going to believe this, the thread got manually unflagged by a moderator. and then flagged again, apparently. i was so happy to show off i had a screenshot of before it got unflagged :frowning:

You’re right though, I think the whole transphobic genji thread is gone, lol.

Because it was removed for dumb reasons, the rework gave us moth meta and the reworked one also got nerfed to oblivion.

We didn’t complain about the rework just because mass Res was more powerful. Moth Mercy was ten times more powerful than mass Res.

Tempo ressing is fine and isn’t a balance concern. If you find that unfair, think to yourself why you didn’t kill the Mercy.

Which was one of the trashiest strategies in the game. I was relieved when a mercy hid because I knew that it would a easy win from then on. 6v5s are easy to win and once the mercy ults just pop your own ults and wipe again.

It never even ended. I used to hide + beat, or hide + trance as an EMP counter.

1 Like

Don’t forget Reaper. :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t relieved when my mercy did though, so I’m kind of glad they took that option away from them.

Yeah, Reaper, hide + ult is pretty famous.

Good call, I’d forgotten.

Hiding in general is a garbage strategy. If people complain that hiding is unfair for the enemy, they’re just arguing that they’re bad at the games. 5v6s give the enemy the advantage. Not the Mercy or whoever is hiding.

That’s you then. I personally find joy in fighting easy fights lol.

Edit: oh you meant your own Mercy. In which case, yea that was the one drawback. But I’m arguing that fighting against a hiding mercy isn’t unfair. That and they could’ve just fixed the issue with removed invul and LoS. Reworking the entire hero and then giving us Moth meta??? LOL NO.

Of course you enjoy being on the opposing end, but having it on your team sucked and you couldn’t say anything to them either or they’d get upset.

Ironically, it’s usually your teammates that told you to hide in the first place. Me, personally, used to tell them to [redacted] off.