When will we get a hotfix for Defense Matrix being utterly unusable?

Yeah, now that we know it’s bugged and deletes ZERO bullets if it clips a wall anywhere, it explains why I keep getting her “I think your clock’s off” voiceline and still having people die.

When is this going to be fixed? With the nerfs accumulated on top of this, she’s completely unusable. If this is fixed she should be fun to play again.

[CLARIFICATION] This is about the DM not working ANYWHERE when it clips a wall, not just the part through the wall. For some reason the game turns it entirely off instead of preventing it from deleting the bullets only on the other side of the wall.

14 Likes

So THAT’S what she says

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a bug… it sounds more like they fixed a bug. :thinking: But maybe they don’t see it that way either, I dunno. I just tested this in training room and it’s true, it doesn’t work through walls anymore. Seems intended but don’t know for sure.

i believe the bug is less eating things through walls as matrix stops working if a pixel of it touches the wall. its really irritating

1 Like

I’m trying all kinds of wall stuff… seems to be working just fine when I can see the projectile.

As rein my barrier goes through walls, idk why dva’s can’t

1 Like

A very simple reason: You shouldnt eat ultimates thrown to a wall just because you are behind it.

1 Like

But as rein I can stop ults through walls?

1 Like

It sounds to me like they tried to fix a bug where she ate bullets through walls and ended up breaking her completely. Now if any part of DM touches a wall, the whole DM stops working even the part that’s not in or behind the wall. She still gives sound effects, voicelines, and visual effects indicating deletion, but the bullet still does full damage.

YourOverwatch has a video displaying this, and someone went into it in extensive detail in the bugreport forums.

2 Likes

You cant. If someone uses a Dragon through your shield, it goes off. Same with blizzard, pulse bomb etc … with DM it gets EATEN.

If your shield doesn’t work with walls (because it doesnt, it just pokes out), DM should not either.

DM is not a shield, its like an “vacuum cleaner” that can be seen.

Can you read the goddam thread and stop replying about something irrelevant, please?

The DM doesn’t delete ANYTHING if it clips a wall, even the part NOT BEHIND THE GODDANG WALL.

(P.S. Blizzard, fix your swearword filter, this is not Saudi Arabia).

6 Likes

Take a chill pill dude, I’m aware of the bug.
Im answering someone else that is asking me directly a question. There’s no PM here so I have to address it on the thread.

Nobody is spamming anyone, ok?
DM wasn’t working properly before, still doesn’t, we get it. Still not the same as a shield, that’s why the Rein comparison its not applicable.

Now move on.

1 Like

Yes, but you were taking away from the gamebreaking bug and making it sound like I was a spoiled Dva main complaining about intended behaviour and wanting to delete through walls.

Sorry about losing my cool.

1 Like

Update the OP since it’s apparently unclear to the uninformed.

1 Like

Saw videos from youroverwatch and so on about it like a week ago - not playing atm, but blizz should hotfix bugs like that faster.

Such an insult, tossed a game breaking bug fix for D.va on the PTR and shoved it off for later patching. Not a priority when it’s not OWL I guess.

All I want is confirmation that the bug is being looked at and will be fixed, I’m so frustrated with this game right now.

It was supposedly fixed on the latest PTR patch. Don’t you love how D.Va doesn’t get hotfixes except when she had to literally be disabled from the game? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thanks, just checked PTR patchnotes, this is awesome. Can’t wait.

I’m assuming this means that ptr patch is going out tomorrow. They surely can’t expect us to wait an entire PTR cycle for such a bug right