When will Hanzo ever get adjusted?

Shotguns are the exception

Roadhog and Reaper have fall off

But there are clear trade-offs between heroes. For example, Ashe and McCree have other utilities that Hanzo doesnā€™t, in this case in the form of CC. I, and clearly the ladder, can think of many reasons to run Ashe instead of Hanzo (Ashe has a bigger pickrate and winrate than him).

Their lower playability isnā€™t the fault of Hanzo or Widow. McCree wasnā€™t exactly meta, ever, even when Hanzo was a throw pick for 2 years.

Thereā€™s more to this entire balance than simply thinking that nerfing Hanzo back into being a synonym for throwing will magically fix Soldier. These types of forum threads never take the nuance into account, especially not the type of nuance needed to understand how heroes will perform across modes and skill levels, should they be adjusted as some of the people in this thread want.

I mean, it is, isnā€™t it? Healers are almost universally considered as the biggest reasons for the game flow to slow down and are also, for a good reason, primary targets to be picked off at the start of the fight. In games where you canā€™t kill anything, people tend to swap to more burst damage dps heroes, including snipers, because theyā€™re the only ones that can burst through the healing.

For the record, while my most played hero is Hanzo, Iā€™m a flex player. I have 4 support heroes with 70+ hours played. Healing is difficult to balance, especially when it stacks. If we truly donā€™t want to nerf healing directly, we need means to counter that healing. Burst damage serves for that purpose. With one shots removed, healing would be the first in line for nerfs. Iā€™d like to avoid that, actually.

i cant bear how he can get easy kills due he can keep spamming in Close Quaters, where any other ranged heros struggle and supposedly is the weak point of snipers/long ranged characters. Since they adding Dota like skills to OW now like Immortality field, they need balance him same way thenā€¦

by exampleā€¦ there is an hero in dota, Drow Ranger, she does massive damage in medium and long range but if some enemy hero is near her (CQC), she loss a fixed amount of damage.

One shots with the exception of Sniper Head shots (widow) are never going to be healthy to any game.

You can dislike it all you want, he is a mid range sniper, his headshots are supposed to 1shot you.

Golden bow Hanzos are immune to toxicity.

If they played old Hanzo and were not high Diamond+, every , single, game started with ā€œHanzo switch!ā€.

1 Like

I feel that, I am a gold bow Handsoap, first one I got lol

I donā€™t really care about tea bagging personally but if someone is obnoxious I report them anyway.

2 Likes

Because he is balanced and not even on the stronger side, so why would he be nerfed?

2 Likes

The forum is at it again :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hanzo is balanced, if not weak. He actually has one of the lowest winrates.

If he was to receive any nerfs, heā€™d have to receive compensation buffs.

1 Like

headshots are harder to hit crossmap with hanzo than widow, due to it being a projectile, and having bullet drop to account for. If a hanzo can hit that shot, reward him

2 Likes

I think a fair nerf to Hanzo is to not allow Storm Arrows to critical head shot so that flankers have more of an edge over him but he can still use Storm Arrow to destroy barriers.

i know this is crazy but, try using your wasd keys to avoid extremely long range hanzo shots.
hanzo is fine git gud.

1 Like

His arrows should be slower but anything related to falloff cant be adjusted apparently because they care logic apparently. (they made it so a soundwave from a small gun can boop a 1000kg mech perfect logic)
about hopping he is a sniper and he is effected if he shoots while jumping his arc trajectory is affected in the process

That was actually the reason I enjoyed Hanzo when I did. I think it distinguished the difference between a good Hanzo and a bad one.

Now it just feels more: ā€œHey take a shot and youā€™ll probably hit something.ā€

Itā€™s amazing how they dumbed him down from a hero thatā€™s only incredibly powerful in the right hands (Wraxu, IronAids, Seagull) to a hero thatā€™s even more powerful in everybodyā€™s hands.

He should not be able to one shot. His shots are easier to hit than Meiā€™s, yet she doesnā€™t have the ability to one shot. He has all the benefits of a sniper, yet suffers none of the consequences.

He needs at least one of the following

• Reverse fall off (less damage up close, more at distance)

• Lower his projectile speed

• Remove his headshot ability

• Nerf storm arrows

• Remove his leap

• Give him ammo + reload

• Reduce his primary damage to 85

Personally I say remove his headshot ability or reducing his primary damage to 85 is the best solution.

omfg, lets nerf hanzo nowā€¦ these forums make me laugh so muchā€¦ thanks everyone, I needed a giggle this morning

Umm you do know how arrows work right, there is more power at the start of launch then at end of travel.
So if anything, there should be fall off damage, he already as the fall for the projectile at distance, unlike widow who has no fall projectile,

1 Like

I also know that arrows donā€™t turn into two spiritual dragons.

Widow does the same thing. Why arenā€™t you complaining about her?