When will Hanzo ever get adjusted?

Why does he have no damage drop off with an arrow?

Why can he one shot next to me or across the map?

Why does he suffer zero consequences for hopping around while shooting unlike every FPS game other then OW?

75 Likes

hands you your tombstone

You might need this in a bit.

11 Likes

I think his mobility may be slightly too high possibly; maybe arrows should be slower

19 Likes

Spammy oneshots will never feel good. They should just double his rate of fire and halve the damage.

And change storm arrow into “Our arrows will blot out the sun” where he has to shoot up for an artillery like curtain of arrows aoe for damaging behind shields Ashe style.

8 Likes

Because its an projectile, and projectiles doesn’t have falloff damage.

They even removed it from Mei’s icicles to keep it consistent with all projectiles.

Can most heroes not do this?
I believe it’s even a big part in Genji’s playstyle.

6 Likes

He’s genji’s brother thats why. Blizzard caters to them

17 Likes

I just think he needs his projectile speed reverted to pre-buff, so he will actually has to take distance into account when aiming.

2 Likes

He should be worse at close range.

Storm arrows should have reverse dmg fallout!!

16 Likes

Probably never because there’s nothing wrong with him.

27 Likes

I just want him to not be able to one shot people accidentally. That’s all I want. Maybe more close range disadvantages too.

3 Likes

because he is totally bs in his whole design but for reasons cannot be just removed out of this game. there are plenty stupid heros right now that require no skill, are totally killing the fun, are bs in design or balance and even more abilities that would fit into this category. but hanzo surely is the biggest fail that ever ever ever was brought into this game (followed right after moira and ashes dynamite)

projectiles that fly fast enough to be hardly avoided within the range they are supposede to be used should be treated like hitscan or actually be hitscan. projectiles just have to much advantages over hitscan in this case and hanzos hitscan cant be compared to junkrat, symmetra or phara which clearly have a trade off… hanzo just has a bigger hitbox which allows him to kill randomly or even without seeing the enemy but those are only able to avoid the arrow if hanzo is stupid enough to shoot from a distance where widow should be used

just by logic, arrows are projectiles. but folliwing this rule, they cant be compared to widows ammo e.g. … so after this logic isnt a thing actually why shouldnt those arrows actually have a hitbox similar to those of a hitscan hero with a fall off if he gets a further distance

2 Likes

2019 and people still think Hanzo is no skill and OP

17 Likes

All he needs is less effectiveness at close range, because no sniper should be effective at every range with no downsides.
Give him reverse damage falloff and maybe give Fan the Logs a brief charge up.

Whoa, easy on the itchy trigger finger man, no one here is saying Hanzo is “no skill” or “OP”.

11 Likes

He is at disadvantage against Tracer and Genji close range so why does his effectiveness needs to be decreased?

2 Likes

Yeah, idk.

“Hanzo’s a bit overtuned now, so we’re reducing his Lunge by 1 second!” was the last nerf.

Which makes. No. Sense. Lol.

9 Likes

Because they can burst him down just as fast, against others all he has to do is backflip and Fan the Quiver or land a flick shot on a much closer and bigger hitbox with a projectile that has a very forgiving hitbox.

Because at the moment Hanzo really doesn’t have a lot to fear, he’s great at short, medium and long range, has good vertical mobility, has a disengage and a button that lets him output a ton of damage very quickly.
He may not be OP per say but he is pretty damn overtuned, making him weaker at close range makes it easier for him to be engaged by flankers (without them fearing a lucky headshot or being melted by a barrage of logs) but retaining Hanzo’s effectiveness at medium and long range.

4 Likes

Obviously. Let’s say Moria isn’t mean to dive Hanzo and expect to win because she pressed shift into my face. The same goes for every other hero that isn’t Genji and Tracer. Hanzo isn’t meant to lose against everyone 1v1 just because you can close the gap.

Hanzo isn’t great at short or long range, please actually speak the truth if you want me to take you seriously. He has trouble hitting anyone long range and can easily be outsniped and he is still at disadvantage at dealing with heroes that are strong close range.

So you can list Hanzo’s strengths, anyone can lists hero’s strengths and make them sound overtuned.

He does not need to be weaker close range, he already struggles against those he is supposed to be weak against (dive tanks and flankers) Hanzo is not meant to roll over and die because you used your mobility and got in his face.

3 Likes

ITT: People who used to complain about Hanzo being a trash pick, now complain he’s too strong because he’s not a trash pick.

11 Likes

Devs did just adjust him and it was a buff…

Shows that forum Hanzo and how Hanzo is actually performing is completely at odds, as it always has been.

Also Hanzo’s recent Sonic arrow buff from 7m to 9m is a HUGE buff, Most people don’t understand just how powerful sonic arrow is as an ability and for it to get buffed to the extent that it did, it is now basically original Sonic arrow but with a 12 second CD instead of the old 20 second CD.

3 Likes

They are the reason why dev don’t bother reading the forums because we have these ungrateful kiddos just don’t know what they really want

2 Likes