When will Hanzo ever get adjusted?

You repeat your own self in your one post. What is this bug dude.

After the EDIT, I think one shotting accidentally with hanzo is much more common than HS with Widow, Ashe (even with dynamit it’s not accidentally), and MCree.

Lol what no you can’t. And oneshotting by definition is from full health so…

Cool idea! I actually hope we get a hero that can create smoke screens that do small dot damage. :joy:

It would be a form of non-ult area denial and a counter to Sombra without anyone having to be nerfed.

1 Like

So I can’t spam shots as Widowmaker and get lucky? Spammaker. Hanzo actually has more variables to account for, so, if anything, he isn’t really a problem compared to other aim heroes. Like every other aim hero, he has to have the precision/hand-eye coordination to aim at the right spot and predict where the enemy’s head will be by the time his arrow reaches them. On the other hand, a hero like Widowmaker doesn’t have to do any prediction and can headshot people instantly. For 300 damage and at any range. That’s 50 more damage than Hanzo gets for his headshots, enough to two-shot a Roadhog, and it’s hitscan. Hanzo can’t really snipe at long range (from total safety) like Widowmaker either because the time it takes for his arrows to travel makes the probability of landing a headshot extremely low for even the best Hanzos.

Considering the previous, it would make more sense if you were complaining about Widowmaker than Hanzo because Hanzo isn’t really an issue in this game. He actually requires more skill than other heroes by virtue of being a projectile-based character.

2 Likes

Also when are you going to fix the tick rate?. Make the shots legit instead of being “family friendly” and this goes for Widowmakers too.

Footshots/Fingershots/Ankleshots/Shouldershots/Thigshots that COUNT as HEADSHOT? Like hello??? The Kill cam showed that I moved and your shot was on my leg wtf?

1 Like

Doomfist’s projectile shotgun says ‘Hi’

Good question I guess it is because he is a sniper :wink:

But yes I wish they would change the spammy aspect. Simple solution would be a sniper arrow with high speed and higher crit damage with all pro and cons Widow has. While his normal arrows then can be adjusted to not be op. Also I wish the sonic arrow would just be a ping, therefor have no cooldown

But it can be compared to Mei’s icicle which is both a faster and larger hitbox which does not have falloff, it can also be compared to Zenyatta’s which travel at a similar speed and again has a larger hitbox with no falloff

1 Like

Go ahead. Gold bow hanzos probably don’t care that you headshot so long as you know that excessive tactical crouching gains reports.

2 Likes

I feel like some players are getting lazy and expect the game to let them be lazy. They want convenience without having to do anything. Thus, ask for nerfs to x hero and buffs to x hero. Sadly this isn’t just an Overwatch thing.

5 Likes

Damage drop off on snipers is bad. He should have a damage ramp where he does less damage at a close range

1 Like

The problem is that he is supposed to be close range. He’s mid to close range because he’s projectile. He’d be absolutely terrible if he shoots from, say, Widow distance.

This is why I don’t get on the “reverse fall off” option.

5 Likes

It’s rather futile to discuss a hero’s power on these forums. The only thing you end up with is a flame war, because someone is always adamant that nothing is wrong with that hero, and when you disagree with them they start name calling. That’s the standard approach to discussing heroes’ powers.

Personally I find Hanzo a bit too strong, with a bit too much going on with him. High burst damage, high long range damage and high mobility, along with a very strong ultimate ability. They should decide which range he should operate well in and adjust accordingly. If he’s suppose to be a mid-range sniper, he should be adjusted with that in mind, so that at close range he won’t be such a powerhouse.

1 Like

We just need one shots removed. I don’t mind he shreds tanks or sheilds. But it when you try and counter with a close range hero, or a mid distance hero like McCree, Solider, Ashe. It’s just so disheartening when you could have played the absolute best and there’s just no way you can predict or stop that one insta kill arrow.

McCree and Ashe can one shot too when damage boosted :man_shrugging:

did you actually watch video? He doesnt even have to hit his head…in fact its width of shoulders. And projectile hitbox size hasnt changed so video date is irrelevant. Try again

No reason for snipers to not be able to one shot. That is literally their job.

Mei icicles to the face feel worse.

1 Like

One shots are necessary for the game. It’s the only 100% reliable way to eliminate an enemy without the enemy being kept alive with sustain. Without one shot abilities, healing would skyrocket in value.

That doesn’t apply just to sniper shots, but to any one shots, including Reinhardt’s charge or any one shot combo such as Genji’s primary headshots burst+dash+melee. Without these things, and snipers, literally all damage would be outhealed and you would never be able to eliminate certain targets for good.

1 Like

I have no problem when it’s damage boosted. That’s taken two hero’s and Mercy is not healing. That’s a fair trade off.

One shooting isn’t their job, it’s just damage from a distance where they can be safe and when does Hanzo ever get played like a sniper anyway? Devs have said the labels are wrong and should be ignored.

I’m talking about Hanzo. Not about all one shots. You can out play and hear things like Rine and Zen. In fact Rine use to have no start up time. And that was removed.

Though equally I would say Widow is also a reason why we never see other dps like McCree, Ashe or Solider ever being played. Widow and Hanzo can one shot and that will always be better. That’s why double sniper is predicted to make a come back.

Also aren’t you saying if a team doenst run Widow or Hanzo, then surely healing is sky rocketing in that game? That sounds like a reason to nerf one’s and then nerf healing. Or buff the dps who can’t one shot to be able to.

Honestly, all Hanzo needs is a lonnger drawtime on his bow to get that juicy high damage arrow