When sym and torb get nerfed before than doom and widow

on what rank blizzard is testing the game?!!

47 Likes

I bet some sym bullied jeff in qp. Same probably happend with torbi.

18 Likes

“Well Doomfist’s winrate is nearly 60% in GM. Might need to be looked at.”

“YAH WELL TORB AND SYM ARE 1% HIGHER BUT YOU DON’T SEE THEM GETTING NERFED DO YOU?”

ACKSHUALLY…

7 Likes

Dont forget the Bastion nerf they sneaked into this patch as well

And Sombra a few weeks ago

10 Likes

Actually, winrate can be inflated, which is usually the case with heroes who has a low pickrate.

1 Like

These heroes were nerfed before Doomfist or Widow

Torbjorn, Bastion, Symmetra, Sombra…

Like I’m sorry but if these heroes are too strong than they are too, because they have far more power and team warping capabilities than any of those heroes.

8 Likes

i dont want to talk about winrate…

is more about gameplay experience… doomfist and widow harcounter to many heros on the game and is not a fun experience to play against… something like that should be more important than winrate?

Without an OP widow how will they make sick ohko montages to make the OWL look exciting?

This is your answer.

Personally I’m mostly fine with Doomfist and Widow. I’d give them minor nerfs but I don’t think they are far from where they should be…

But I can’t imagine why he is considered fine when Symmetra was too much. I have a MUCH easier time countering her than Doom. She has far more gameplay choices presented to the enemy for countering.

8 Likes

Usually would I be against balancing heroes based on feelings, but they did nerfed Sombra with the reason that she felt too oppressive, so I say go ahead.

4 Likes

they nerfed/changed a lot of heros based on feelings… like the old one shoot roadhog or the mass rez or scatter arrow…

this is a game. and if something is terrible to play against. why not change this mechanic?

the game should be fun and the heros should be viable.

I wish Blizzard/Jeff would just come out and say it, they regret making characters that don’t belong in a competitive shooter game.

I’m not saying Overwatch is a casual game. But when you make Leagues out of it the game becomes far more serious than what a MOBA game should be.

I don’t go to games like Smite and expect to only be killed by heroes who take aim. I expect to be killed by BS because I’m not playing call of duty.

Mass Rez was changed because it encouraged Mercy to hide away from the team fight and let everyone die instead of keeping them up. Scatter Arrow was changed because it could one shot tanks and they couldn’t really stop that without making it useless. I agree that Roadhog should reliably kill hooked squishies, but I do play a lot of Roadhog so I’m biased.

2 Likes

Balancing should be based on more than feelings alone. The primary goal should be to make all heroes viable.

That was not their goal when they nerfed Sombra. It wasn’t done for the sake of hero balancing or for the overall game balancing, but it was done because she felt too oppressive. I can’t call that balancing.

If it was done for the sake of balancing, then one of the worst performing heroes shouldn’t only have received nerfs, but also compensation buffs to make certain that hero wouldn’t only lose power, value and perform worse after the change. That’s what balancing should be (imo). But they didn’t.

So I agree with you on this statement, but does the developers think the same?

1 Like

90% of the ladder top 500 plays one sniper or both snipers, in doublebarrier meta, but this is apparently of no concern to the devs. Heh.

Better nerf sombra and symm and bastion.

9 Likes

Because Sym is so easy to play now.

I’m sure Widow, Hanzo and DF solve problems that the devs didn’t solve (can’t, won’t, need more data).
Nerfing these heroes would utterly break the balance in a way we plebs don’t know.

Sym, torb, sombra aren’t as important to keep balance in check.

If my assumption is true, then we can clearly say it’s a huge failure on blizzneys end

stats don’t matter.

Otherwise sombra never would have been nerfed.

They clearly are not considering statistical data.

He is a tank main btw =D

even if she was, it’s not because of her being good but because of how double shield on both sides easily enables her. nerfing sym isn’t going to change that unless you want to killing her balance, which by definition, is making the hero balance imbalanced…

1 Like