Rework doomfist

Sorry, I can’t take these threads seriously anymore. Doom is giant, loud and is countered by over half the roster. He’s nowhere near OP. Let’s take a look at all of his match-ups.

D.Va: Doom can punch through D.Va’s matrix but D.Va has high close range damage, plus Doom’s hitbox is large.

Orisa: Made to counter Doom.

Reinhardt: Doom doesn’t really do much to knock Rein back anymore because of steadfast.

Roadhog: Probably Doom’s worst nightmare. His high HP and damage compared to Doom’s hitbox makes him one of Doom’s best counters.

Sigma: Only thing Sigma can do is use his rock, otherwise Doom pretty much wins.

Winston: Doom wins this one easily.

Hammond: It can go 2 ways, but Doom can slow his movement with all of his abilities.

Zarya: Doom will only win if Zarya doesn’t have bubble. Grav disables him as well.

Ashe: Ashe’s coach gun completely screws up Doom.

Bastion: Sentry hard counters Doom.

Echo: Just fly and he won’t be able to do anything.

Genji: Pretty much an even match-up.

Hanzo: Doom’s large size makes him very weak to Storm Arrows, and Hanzo can lunge away from his combo.

Junkrat: Trap hard counters Doom.

McCree: One of the best counters to Doom.

Mei: Just freeze him.

Pharah: Pharah counters Doom in theory, though Doom can gain height with Meteor Strike.

Reaper: Does well against Doom if his abilities are timed well.

Soldier: Soldier is one of the only DPS heroes that can’t really do anything against Doom.

Sombra: Self-explanatory. Makes Doom a free kill.

Sym: Her turrets are the only thing that really screw up Doom. (his movement is slowed)

Torb: Overload plus his turret are very good against Doom.

Tracer: Can avoid Doom easily, unless Doom does what he did in his origin story.

Widow: Doom’s range is limited while Widow’s is infinite.

Ana: It’s so easy to sleep him. If he’s on the enemy team, save your sleep dart for him!

Bap: Doom knocks Bap out of immortality field with uppercut. Try to use your super jump when you hear him coming so he won’t be able to pull you into a combo.

Brig: One of the best supports against Doom. Shield bash destroys him.

Lucio: Too much mobility. Doom can’t catch a wallriding Lucio.

Mercy: Mercy can just fly to another target if Doom is targeting her.

Moira: Save fade for when he engages.

Zen: If you hear him coming, try to discord him immediately and land your shots. This is a tough match-up, so Doom most likely wins this.

Doom may be a pain to play against, but there are so many heroes who don’t require CC to kill him. Torb, Tracer, Hanzo, Widow and Bastion just to name a few.

Eh, I’d say lower the damage if that means reverting the range of seismic slam.

4 Likes

yet another gamer rage post to add to the cry about it jar.

If you are gonna rework him, you might as well make him on par with off tanks. Something like a 350hp hero (since he can already get barrier health), passive gains just that bit more of health, maybe maxing at 250 if he can chain his abilities, paired with a slight increase to his hitbox. Abilities can stay the same, I guess, maybe make him more combo based with his abilities.

1 Like

just cuz you can’t aim a flashbang doesnt mean he’s a stupid character…

1 Like

So he absolutely… does not need a rework. People way overreact to him. Although if he were to be reworked, if they increased his hp, lowered all his cd’s by half, and lowered his dmg wayyyy down, he’d be fun as a rubber-hammer type of tank. Think Doom in the chaos mode, but he does minimal dmg

You dont know the half of it.

Homeboy here literally makes a topic every other day complaining about one hero or another. Quite often making the same threads

Again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

And again

Literally all this guy does is complain. These are mostly just his doomfist threads- But hanzo, widow, brigitte, ana, rein, mccree, mei, moira, reaper, tracer, on and on and on.

Honestly I just flag this guy for spam at this point.

I honestly cant help but wonder why Zorek here even still plays the game.

6 Likes

just get awareness and look around. all u have to do is look at him and he cant go in

He does NOT need a whole team to stop him, 4 buttons are a lot to be honest, play McCree, Ashe, Pharah, Echo and he’s worthless, he is literally close to a throw pick atm. “It’s the same stupid thing every time”, consider every other hero who just scopes and clicks

1 Like

Hey, just remember that when people spam “look at all the threads of people complaining about Doomfist!” it’s most likely someone like this guy.

1 Like

Fr. My mind always goes to the first cinematic trailer Blizzard ever released about the doomfist gauntlet. When the boy picked it up and used it, it created a huge red bubble the dispersed enemies inside away. I thought that was so unique and what I was honestly expecting for the hero.

I wish Doom could transition to a tank and be geared to more spacing abilities and just decrease his damage output.

Back then Doomfist wasnt even a thing, just some random name

Plus that was a kid that didnt knew how to use the thing, if it was the actual DF, he would have likely killed Widow

Just look at the others that got hit by it, Winston was basically send flying and left unconscious for a while and Genji had his body heavily damaged and unable to move

And in both cases they had armor

Okay. What’s the point of your response?

That Doomfist is someone that does A LOT of dmg, which is why i dont see him fitting has a Tank

Ashe?

A good doomfist destroy ashe on seconds.

And really we dont needs more reasons to have mccre on all matchs…

1 Like

Eh… its more of a 50/50

Ashe can kill him before he even gets near and push him away if he does get near, but yeah, its kinda tied there

The main thing about countering DF is not letting him get near you untouched, which hitscans can do

2 Likes

Oh yes its so easy to hit a long cooldown projectile with windup on a doomfist that just fell from the sky and killed you in about a second. yes so easy.

1 Like

though most of the time people say just switch if you are being countered by df but they almost always say to switch to a dps. It can be really hard to pick a counter if you play support you only reliably have moira’s fade and maybe mercy’s super jump if she sees you coming. This can make it really frustrating when you cant do anything about the doomfist. being completly forced to rely on your team mates to take care of him. This just makes it rely frustrating since its really hard to escape from him.

1 Like

On a massive target whos abilities self stun him? yes, it is

Face it, it’s time Doomie was reworked to a Support.

Ana has sleep

Brig has SB, can mess him up with Flail and save people who get dived with her healing

Lucio is almost untouchable by him and can mess him up with Boop

Baptiste can spam Jump to make it REALLY hard for DF to kill him, plus he can dmg him a lot