When did blizzard stop extending mutes for abusive chat and start giving perma bans?

Nah, you just don’t have an argument, which is why you fall back on meaningless statements.

Your whole argument is based on the assumption that “they make a lot of money from it”, but you have no proof.

7 Likes

I have been on the Overwatch forums from the beginning. I know what I can and cannot say. You aren’t going to goad me into saying things that the forum mods do not approve of. Good try though.

Again;

1 Like

laughs in alt account

Only Blizzard would be close to vaguely determining that figure and even then, I am not entirely sure how they would even go about it. But he is correct, all the money from alt accounts so that they can pretend they have a serviceable amount of monthly active players benefits them even without considering the profit.

1 Like

I am talking about permanent silence (not ending) as an alternative for permanent ban

Permanent Silence in a team based game where Communications is necessary… doesn’t seem viable at all.

1 Like

Looks like you don’t play the game.

Been playing this game for a very long time.

It still is based on assumptions that don’t have any backing:

1. Apparently there is a significant amount of stubborn (or weak, as Natorian would say) people who regularly buy new accounts because they have the urge to be toxic and can’t control themselves.
  2. There is no benefit from trying to weed out the toxic people from the community.

Blizzard has the stats. Overall, it’s for the better, even if Blizzard makes more money from banning than silencing. Why does it matter again? The offical response by Jeff was that muting wasn’t enough. There is the answer for the OP, nothing more has to be said. Anything else is speculation.

1 Like

you can get high rank and win never using any chat idk if you knew that

Weakness is not, utilizing your words. Weakness is allowing them to affect you.

Show me the quantitative profit from “weeding ot the” toxic" people". You can start by using the correct word. Toxic means that you infect all those around you and poison them to be what the original infection is. This would mean that when someone is “toxic” to you it forcably makes you toxic so on and so forth. It’s lazy to label things “toxic” but I expect nothing more from someone like yourself.

Because Blizzard did nothing to earn the extra revinue or the false praise. They allow a weak community to do their dirty work, then scapegoat them if it works incorrectly.

You mean like saying “toxcisity” is down by XX%. There is no way to measure an undefined construct. Toxic isn’t a measurable thing.

Cool line. I recommend putting it up next to your “Live Laugh Love” tattoo on your wall.

Dictionary. Use it.

Source?

That doesn’t make any sense. Of course Blizzard can define toxicity (see TOS) and create measurements for it - which they probably do, like most large game companies. What do you think the job of a data scientist is?

1 Like

That is, or was the dictionary definition. Who knows now. The regressives have been at it changing dictionary definitions left and left to suite their agenda of ruining society. It may genuinely fit the ignorant know nothing gamer term now.

… Really

How many threads a week have to spring up that say;

"I was banned for _____, and Blizzard told me it was due to the “cOmMuNiTy”.

Blizzard upholds punishment because they tell you, the consumer, that it’s out of their hands.

In the new religion of science? I would assume it exists to establish more believers, like any other religion.

1 Like

No but it’s a huge distraction to a team and there is no need for it.

that’s a lot of mental gymnastics for “i paid for a multiplayer game and i refuse to recognize that i’ll have to pay again if i want the spinoff which is a story game, a full five years later”

1 Like

It just depends upon what was said. Like for example. a few weeks back. There was this person making all sorts of awful remarks in chat. Very violent and egregious statements about people.

I reported them, blocked them and then set as “Avoid as team mate”.

I noticed 3 or 4 days later that when I turned the game on. I received a “thank you for the report” message from the System. As well as when I went to my avoid player list. They were no longer there. :face_with_monocle:

I am going to assume that their account was TERMINATED and deleted. IMO there is no reason for this type of behavior from players. It benefits NOBODY and to be honest. I know it offends people that Blizzard is more of a “safe space”. But even the whole gamer banter that we see and hear on a daily basis is childish behavior and justifies no reason for such talk.

I have never reported anyone for anything besides cheating, or my perception of it.

Seems not wishing punishment on others is actually where the real oppression is. I shall take your words as a lesson from one more morally superior then I. That I must squash others speech in order to prove my virtuous intent on the Overwatch community.

Oh I don’t disagree that the Freedom of Speech is paramount. :face_with_monocle:

But Blizzard does have set rules that follow the same thing as how a grocery store can force a customer OUT of the facility… for Disorderly Conduct.

So does perma ban :man_shrugging:t2: Doesn’t seem super good to have someone on your team that is completely incapable of communicating forever.

The fact that you get perma banned for abusive chat doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t.
You aren’t throwing games. You aren’t harming anyone’s ability to play the game, you are not cheating. How is a perma ban better than perma mute for that?
Also for your last point, Dafran got Radiant in valorant, another team based game, being muted the entire time.