What's your opinion on mercy?

When my team cannot kill the widow I will tilt that widow when I valk and shoot her dead, same with any other hero that’s harrssing my team who they can’t kill. She’s fun but the sad truth is the current state of the game , in Qp at least when I play her she gets melted so fast because nobody will peel. Mercy is and always be my favorite though. It’s so much fun watching that tracer or widow tilt cause I thumped them in the head for a melee kill.

Say Ahhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

Mercy appears to be a little behind, and with forced 2-2-2 I’m wondering if she’ll be as useful. She was useful more for ‘damage’ heavy comps such as 3 damage heroes, as damage boosting is one of her few remaining useful qualities despite potentially feeling like a pocket or sidekick in comparison to the other main healers. However, with forced 2-2-2 arriving that might change and she might therefore need some changes. Healing tanks is awfully painful, damage boosting teammates is fine if you can predict when they need it and if they are any good at their role, resurrect restricts her mobility despite mobility being her strength (it doesn’t belong as a standard unearned ability in all honesty), and Valkyrie is more useful for Mercy’s own survival.

Her current state and kit shouts ‘enabler’, where if you look at the other main healers in the game they can easily have their own moments of individual impact and you can easily see that. Her average on fire speaks volumes about her current state too, and despite a few on here saying that it’s an ‘engine issue’, it really isn’t. Sure, resurrect could be bumped up to 100 fire, like an elimination can be 100 fire, but that’s all. Other parts of Mercy need to be changed in order to make it easier to legitimately earn more ‘fire’ points, and with forced 2-2-2 I’m hoping within the next 6-12 months this might be seen more and more and she might end up on the list of heroes to be adjusted.

7 Likes

Yes.

She’s an op off healer, budget main healer, and imo and needs a rework.

2 Likes

I think she is pretty balanced. I occasionally enjoy playing her but not all the time. The ability to bring another player back is something I don’t really think is well designed as the value it gets mostly just depends on a teammate making a mistake.
I think she could use a higher skill ceiling as well. The difference between a bad mercy and a good mercy is not as big as with lots of other heroes.

Add a note that reminds you to damage boost as well as heal?

I don’t enjoy Rez as a cooldown. It enforces the idea that she can change a fight by standing idly and waiting, having it as her Ultimate or a resource like Armor Packs and DM, would be a much better change that could allow Mercy’s to have a much bigger skill cap and impact.

1 Like

Mercy is roughly balanced.

However Mercy is also the only hero in the game who’s kit is nearly devoid of player agency and any method of having a burst of impact.

For those reasons she needs changes. She probably won’t ever get them though.

4 Likes

Your guardian-- piece of cake!

She’s in a pretty weird spot, because I think the devs don’t know what exactly to do with her - or, more specifically, what to do with Rez. It’s always been a point of contention even back when it was her Ult, and the OP-ness it first had when it was changed into an ability didn’t help with much with the opinions on it.

I personally think it can be balanced, but it’ll take a bit of work. Maybe have it so Rez-ed teammates can’t use their abilities or Ults for a period of time after being brought back. Maybe Mercy can have her charges back, that she builds up by healing and assisting, to compensate.

As for her healing potential itself, I understand where the change to 50 comes from, but I think she needs 60 back to compete. Maybe have it so if she stays latched unto the same teammate for X seconds, her healing goes down to 50HpS to discourage pocketing.

Uh, yeah, sure

She’s out of tune. Her best ability is not much better than her worst. Because of that anything she does is in the realm of the ordinary; subsequently leaving her unable to make or break heroic plays.

Without affecting her average they need to increase the spread between worst and best abilities in her kit. It’ll make her less boring to play and allow her to make game making plays. Yes, it’ll also gimp her consistency some too; but at least they’ll be decent differences between good Mercy’s and bad ones and not all Mercy’s will be cookie cutter clones of each other.

She needs a retune.

5 Likes

If your team is good, she’s good. If not, she’s useless.

1 Like

You’re bored after 300 hours? Color me surprised lol

mercy is fine balance-wise. what she lacks is character. all of her animations specifically, from doing your main job and healing to activating your ultimate, are just mercy looking around and the beams. all the other supports are so much flashier, and even though mercy is decent, you just can’t feel half of it.

I don’t like her since her HPS has been nerfed.

Lately I mostly played her when we had +3 DPS. I think for 2-2-2 I’m going to be focusing on improving with the other healers, which I’ve found to enjoy much more, despite me doing worse.

I would personally take a reduced ability to damage boost like make it 20% or make it have a charge meter like Defense matrix, reduce passive healing, or increase the time it takes to begin back to 3 seconds like sheilds or remove it altogether and maybe increase the cooldown of GA if it meant that resurrect was removed.

I feel its extremely awkward to use given that it incentivized hiding which was a behaviour they did not like, it forces a character who is extremely mobile to stop abruptly with no way to cancel it, and it forces you to stop healing for a time as well which the developers did not like that Mercy did as part of her hiding.

I do not see a way to balance resurrect as a normal ability, and would see it removed or have the cooldown increased even more and maybe start a match with it on cooldown it it meant a faster cast time or none at all.

Its the biggest inconsistency I find with mercy.

Having a movement penalty on a hero like McCree or a tank like Reinhardt for abilities is just as a penalty but it isnt as disruptive to their gameplay compared to a hero like Mercy who’s entire identity is her mobility and consistency, which is removed entirely for nearly 2 seconds.

I’ve been watching Shroud learn OW and he said Mercy’s hard. Never did I think I’d live to see the day that someone as mechanically skilled as him, would say such a thing about Mercy.

Otherwise I think she’s good for now. It’s easier to manage healing when there aren’t 3-4 tanks.

It was done to Reinhardt as well as to SOmbra, both based on feelings of playing as or against them respectively.

1 Like

IMHO, the rework design has always been lousy but, it’s too late to fix it.

Balance wise overall it’s probably not that far off.