šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

This happened to me 3 times in todayā€™s 4hour sesssion: after using shield I go for a quick Firestrike, but the animation goes nuts (back and forth) for 1 second and Firestrike doesnā€™t come out. After this the animation completely stops and I have to PRESS THE BUTTON AGANE (cooldown reset), so Firestrike finally comes out 3 or 4 seconds later.

Has anyone experienced this too?

Every since the last patch, I feel like Reinhardtā€™s consistency has been absolutely zero.

i thought it was only me
i was really suprised that i couldnt do any animation cancelling

i thought it was only me, maybe a problem with my sensitivity. then i saw another reinhardt fire striking the wall behind him as his enemies were in front of him and realized it wasnā€™t. came to the forums expecting official answers butā€¦ ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ why isnā€™t blizzard talking about this bug? itā€™s rendered reinhardt unplayable. and itā€™s not even the only rein related bug. thereā€™s also the magnetic charge (enemy is meters away from a charging rein and they get pulled conveniently right in front of him). the broken earthshatter. why isnā€™t this getting any attention? they could take their time to fix that ā€œbugā€ that made moira a decent healer but fixing an absurdly broken rein is not a priority, it seems.

also, iā€™m new to this forum thing and donā€™t understand how it works but shouldnā€™t this thread be in the ā€œbug reportā€ category?

2 Likes

i was doing shatter tests for a few hours this afternoon and of them an average of 1 in 12 shatters failed to register (im making a Rein help post on what payloads you can and cant shatter through on the current patch)

Should we start spamming their Twitter account about this or something?

This is ludicrous.

3 Likes

We really shouldnā€™t be surprised though. Still makes it sad.

1 Like

Had about 3 Shatters in a row yesterday (same game) that all missed obvious targets.

Had another few Shatters go THROUGH my shield as well (not jump Shatters, more like 2 meters away Shatters).

Had people behind going ā€œWTF!? Your shield was up!ā€ or ā€œWtf!? The D.Va was right in front of you, how did the Shatter miss?ā€

Did it get worse?

1 Like

I refuse to touch the game until Reinhardt is fixed. This game needs tanks too often, and Iā€™m a tank main. So I feel like I am doing a disservice by hopping in a game on such a broken hero. Sucks.

Itā€™ll EVENTUALLY get fixed, but itā€™s been two years now, so itā€™s more of a matter of when. An update any day now, please developersā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for you. It sucks to be in that situation.

I just canā€™t believe how bad these devs are at responding to their community.

There is no customer service here.

Iā€™ll be just fine. Iā€™m still a little salty/bitter, but thatā€™s gradually wearing away over time.

I do love Zarya and a bunch of other heroes, and I typically play healer a ton, so I would still get value out of playing. Just kinda waiting for my bitterness to run out. It is just a game, but itā€™s a game I care about.

1 Like

I keep asking myself why they canā€™t love the game as much as we doā€¦

They seem to think that they do, but clearly weā€™re playing two, different games.

They definitely love their game. You can see it in the art and the design, and great voice acting. But their lack of communication on a lot of things unfortunately obscures that and makes it hard for the playerbase to see that love, and makes us skeptical.

I have a massive concept art book for Overwatch and itā€™s so gorgeous.

2 Likes

Good point. They love their game, but not their playerbase. At least thatā€™s how they make us feelā€¦

1 Like

I understand the frustrations completely. We can all relate to that to some degree.

1 Like

Can you add the following in your first post, so it may get noticed as well?

I asked Stylosa to make a video and linking this thread here.
Maybe beign a Rein main he will help us get this noticed.

3 Likes

No problem, friend. :slight_smile:

Casual bump, seeing as how the devs are casually flipping us off.

1 Like

Pretty sure his earth shatter is even more buggier, 2 games in dorado and I was standing on his animation and visual queue (marks on the floor) in the middle on his shatter and i wasnt affected.

This procceeded to happen again and again during the attack phase and defence phase of dorado and Iā€™ve never felt so bad for a reinhardt player until today. The day where I stood in the middle of his shatter and wasnā€™t stunned once.

Oh, it is

4 Likes