šŸ›” "What's going on?" - Every Reinhardt Main Ever

sigh

The way Blizzard treats tanks, healers, and Sombra is beyond frustrating.

1 Like

Have they ever said why they remove animation cancels. I know Genji had some that could be called OP. They have done it with other heroes.

i think theyā€™ve mentioned at some point they will remove all animation cancels on all heroes. like if an action did not complete, it shouldnā€™t merit to an action done. they will do reloads as well, but it is not high importance of right now. so reaper reload cancel will be fixed in the future as well.

I think this was an intentional change when they fixed the Mercy bug with switching weapons after using Melee.

This one:

Mercy
Fixed a bug that caused Mercyā€™s Cadeceus Staff and Cadeceus Blaster to appear missing when using quick melee and weapon swap simultaneously

I believe that this was the reason to why Reinhardt and Brigitte having slow attacks. Why do I think so? Brigitteā€™s mace can be used while using the Melee attack (which is the same as using the Left-Click button), and Reinhardt doesnā€™t have a Melee attack (since he uses his hammer as his Left-Click ability).

If you try switching weapons while you are doing a quick melee attack as Mercy, youā€™ll see that you cannot switch weapons anymore (before, it used to disappear the current equipped weapon when using Melee and switching to the other weapon, but it would still fully switch weapons after the Melee animation was done).

The same thing happens with Tƶrbjorn as well. His weapon will not switch if you are switching while using his Quick Melee.

I couldnā€™t see much difference with Brigitte, but thatā€™s probably because I havenā€™t played her much, so I couldnā€™t notice the differences.

I believe that this change to Switch Weapons while using the Quick Melee is what caused this side-effect to heroes like Reinhardt and Brigitte.

1 Like

not sure if heā€™s talking about the shots between slam and upper cut. You can shot right after slam and right after uppercut fast enough that the animations of shooting donā€™t show up. That might be one of the cancels heā€™s talking about. Also mid rocket punch you can cancel it still and that might be one heā€™s talking about. I also mean mid as in when youā€™re flying towards your target and not mid charge up.

Just the usual for a Rine player. Will we ever get any love from blizz? I swear they just donā€™t care about us.

I donā€™t want any love from them, I just want them to get their s**t together when it comes to Reinhardt.

They somehow manage to make his life more miserable with each Patch/Heroā€¦

4 Likes

HAs anyone else also noticed that the bug that makes you flip 90-180% when you drop your shield has gone to being way worse too?

What would you guys do to fix him?

I would use the ā€œfavor the shooterā€ mechanic for deploying and retracting Reinhardtā€™s Shield

I would revamp his Hammer Swing hit detection to act like any projectile weapon in the game. If it hits the hit box, you get hit.

For Charge I would increase the center line dead zone by another 50%.

Earthshatter would be re-coded to resemble the way Sombraā€™s EMP works. If you are in it, you get hit, end of story.

None of these things are a direct buff to Reinhardt, save the Charge change. Changing Charge dead zone would address the target bounce issues it currently has.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve played Reinhardt for numerous competitive seasons and it really hurts to see the state heā€™s in now. I thought the two season-long wait to fix his hammer swing and charge was bad, but this will force me to drop him again. I hate doing that since heā€™s one of my favorite characters.

2 Likes

Still no wordā€¦ Iā€™m actually done with this childish dev team. They hold no credibility.

Yea, heā€™s one of my favorite heroes and quiet frankly favorite tank, I love his whole up in your face brawly playstyle but thisā€¦ this crippled my play style as shield dropping and swinging quickly and then putting my shield back up was something I did frequently and can see it causing a lot of frustration for me and making him unfun and slow, if he wasnā€™t slow and frustrating enoughā€¦

1 Like

I think Earthshatter should ignore LOS completely and just affect everything in the cone seems most easy solution for devs too.

1 Like

Another day of deafening silence. Thanks Blizz.

5 Likes

Oh wow! Ok, so then every hero should no longer be able to cancel animations. Say hello to the angry Genjis for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve figured it out! Donā€™t use his shield anymore!! Problem solved. Rein is now a DPS.

Too bad his hit registration is getting weird again and animation start-ups are making him feel sluggish. So now he canā€™t even be a reliable DPS, lol.

Blizzard doesnā€™t know what they are doing.

No no, just start up your swing animation in spawn and keep it going the whole match. Problem solved!

1 Like