What would happen if Mercy suddenly got 60 hps back ❔?

What would happen if Mercy suddenly gets 60 hps back?

Read it if u want. I only do care about your opinions.

My opinion

Ana & Lucio would still be dominant, cause Nano and Soundbarrier buff were soo huge. We basically got pseudo-rez aka nanoboost and soundbarrier that can absorb even more burst-dmg. Df and brig are also being played a lot so there is no time for Mercy to get value out of her rez, due to te amount of CC and one-shots. Contrary to Ana who presses Q ( 40 m range, yea, her range was buffed) prevents or saves some1 from dying as well as making dps ults even more lethal. In other words I mean that we’d be still gucci, but at least Mercy would be picked up from the thrash bin.

I’d like to hear your predictions. :smiley:

3 Likes

If Mercy got 60 HPS back we’d still be complaining about Mercy because that doesn’t address most people’s* core concerns with her

16 Likes

Tbh, I stopped playing her only bcos 50 hps nerf :c
So it would at least address my concerns.

5 Likes

Lucio would not be dominate, whos currently isn’t even played that much anywhere below GM anyway. Its often Ana, Brig and Moria. But I think the power of rez with also the most healing, would cause her to be back on top again. And we would see Moria / Mercy or more likely Brig / Mercy combos. As two main healers is a bit over the top.

I think people just latch into what does “more”. More healing, or more dps. Rather than look at a hero’s kit and see what else they actually bring to a fight.

Yeah, that’s true, but really sad. Ana brings so much more to the table than Mercy.

Mercy healed more, but mercy’s self-regen is calculated as healing done. When it comes to Ana she doesn’t have self-healing to calculate as bonus healing done just like mercy. She uses nade either to heal herself or anti enemies. It doesn’t calculate as your healing done how much of ally’s healing you’ve amplified.

By that I mean healing numbers aren’t exactly trust-worthy.

And Ana’s utility is much more important than healing.
As i said you most likely use nade to anti-heal enemies not to heal and amplify your and ally’s healing.

Are you sure about this?

1 Like

From a balance perspective it would be pretty good. The buffs that Anna and Lucio received were VERY significant and would have been enough to balance out the support cast. The healing nerf was overkill. It also neefed her ult significantly and reduced her ability to damage boost.

2 Likes

Yes, I tested it.

Create custom game, pick ana and get yourself a Lucio. Throw nade on teammates affected by Lucio’s crossfade aura and then keep checking whether your healing done increases. And I ensure you that won’t happen.

See, you say that but Moira has a third of mercy’s pickrate in gm

Hmm, sounds like a bug.

1 Like

Moira pickrate outside of GOATs would probably plummet.

She would be usable again.

1 Like

Oh, that’s kind of true. She’s the raw, go to, healer now. But it’s just her poor design. She heals and deals mediocre dmg while brining nothing special to the table other supports do. She is in need of help.

Well, Mercy winrate and pickrate is tilting up a bit with the new patch.

I would be interested to see what 55hps looks like.

But considering Mercy was unquestionably overpowered the last time she had 60hps, I’m skeptical the Ana/Moira buffs would make enough of a difference.

Not really true, before the double sniper/Gravdragon meta she was quite even with Moira in terms of stats for months, both with average winrate.

1 Like

I’m aware of that, but that to me wasn’t “real” balance. That was people slowly and steadily realizing the January Mercy nerf wasn’t that bad.

Which should be pretty obvious from the data:
https://i.imgur.com/2MIV41s.jpg

She was only briefly even with Moira around late April.
Mercy/Moira Comp pickrates (PC)

Also Mercy pickrate didn’t flinch when boosted grav dragons got nerfed.

1 Like

Exactly. Mercy wasn’t nerfed bcos her 60 hps was overpowered. It was nerfed bcos she always had the most healing done at the end of the match, so people skeptical thought you can’t do without her so she still remained extremely high pick rate.

I made post about it, but it was forgotten.

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/why-mercys-recent-nerf-wasnt-justified/224827

What would you have nerfed on Mercy instead of nerfing healing?

3 second cast time on Rez?

5 second Guardian Angel?

I would make it even 60 sec cooldown.
I don’t really care about this ability.

I just want her healing to be great again as well as her valkyrie.

Edit: but her rez isn’t a problem anymore

Half a sec longer on GA would’ve been fine, also some Mercys know how to float midair while rezzing and even behind walls once they start the rez animation, shouldn’t be a thing.