What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

So far, we’ve not made a ton of changes to how the Support role works in OW2. There are some meaningful changes, such as removing the stun from Brigitte (more on her specific rebalancing efforts in the future), however for the most part the playstyle of your favorite support heroes should feel familiar and similar to retail.

What changes will be made to how you intend to squeeze more money out of a shrinking playerbase?

Frack the games, tell me about the greed!

1 Like

Does that mean that Moira wont get reworked entirely?

That would make me happy.

Moira and Mercy are my fav supps to play. :pleading_face:

we heard in a previous post that the team is looking at high mobility heroes when it comes to balancing. does that include lucio?

Sounds really lame, honestly.

This is perfect. I’m really hoping the support role as a whole has more time to DPS/use utility rather than heal 3/4 of the time…

Perhaps you should consider increasing support characters contribution to damage, instead of nerfing healing.

Not “too much damage”. They NEED to do ENOUGH damage to make playing a tank feel meaningful and impactful. A tank is not a punching bag. Merely soaking damage is not in itself any way “fun”.

Can we stop trying to turn supports into DPS as well? Tanks already fell to it.

8 Likes

You might think so but it can also feel super frustrating when you just about win a team fight and then have a couple of synergystic supports with overpowered healing and cheat death mechanics stalling for ages.

This is sadly the direction OW goes. Everyone becomes to a part DPS.
It is like a ice-cream seller that noticed that most of his customer like and buy vanilla.
And now he puts in every other ice-cream sort some part of vanilla in hope to sell them better.

1 Like

They are so screwing this game up…

5 Likes

Thanks for this info - really does give us so much.

I don’t need your stupid vanilla in my chocolate-strawberry ice-cream. In my book it’s like pouring salt in tea.

I like self healing in ow2 for support, can’t wait to see more SUPPORT hero.

To be fair this whole “we ramove shild bash for briggite” is like reading dps crying about any hero coze they cant counter someone couze they like play only one hero. Was a subject about phara that is to op and ppl whos says that was playin as junkrat or reapper.

In ow2 dps shouldn’t have that extra speed, heros that based on mobility will be more frustrating to all players new, cazual, fans, veterans and console players that’s my opinion,

From different side im mad that if some tank, support hero is good, dps start posting Ana is op coze of her antinade she need different ability or should be 50% shorter and couldown 30s. I like her shild bash couze is life saver could do more dmg couze was used to counter treacer.

ana nerf, baptiste nerf, brig nerf, moira nerf, zen nerf. only mercy stays untached for 100days and lucio get buff in healing/boost range. miwhale dps gets buffed and I dont get it, that’s the moust boring role, im playin dps maybe 10per month (im tank/suport but queue as flex) so they got so much damage I still dont underestand why they get dmg buff. this game is not that hard to play, It’s hard to say something nice to other player.

still good to have any info about game.

3 Likes

If they don’t tone Dive back, they are literally showing that the dev team is repeating its same mistakes from 2016/early 2017 pre-Moira. To win back then, you just picked a mobility character, basically all else was trash after the first rounds of nerfs hit characters like McCree. Because 50% of the playerbase is DPS, and overwhelming kits like Tracer, Genji, Doomfist, etc. that are divey, mobility ran the game. If you did not take a mobility character, you were just fodder. Due to the numbers game of popular characters, they couldn’t muster support for nerfing hypermobility, and the players asked for an anti-dive character, and got one soft one (Moira) and one hard one (Brig). Then they spent years whining about it. Basically, the players on these kits want to run the game unopposed is all it is. The problem is, no one wants to stand around powerlessly and just be a target for some dumb 12 year old on Genji or Tracer calling you “trash” while they get the ease of picking the terms of fights with mobility, putting the onus on you to aim 3x better than them whilst they just spam you down.

CC in and of itself is not the problem; the amount you put in is. Brig 1.0 was a terrible design, and while she gets the focus here, its was actually Wrecking Ball that put people over the edge. The Great Loss of players in 2018 into 2019 occurred in no small part to people getting sick of getting knocked around, booped, etc. which went into overdrive with the introduction of WB. Finally, finally in 2021 we get a reduction in his knockback… the problem wasn’t CC; the problem was utterly glacial changes by the dev team to make adjustments for a happy medium. So in laziness, we are just turning the clock back.

9 Likes

I would say dps player base is more than 50%. It feels like 75% XD

But yea I agree with that. I do not have knolege about 2016-2018, I saw somethin on stream and was kinda impresed that in ow theres heros that is to strong for game but its still in it.
I start playin in 2019 when all-stars Mercy/Lucio skin appear.
So back then (in my memory) game was in a best state, few adjustments for hero like 1-2s reduce or more on cooldown. Old brig who can give arrmor was cool (btw blizz relase hero that can give arrmor/shiled like symm, torb and than says this “shouldnt happen, we get it it’s op so heres revork (for torb good) and big nerf for that hero (for symm, brig not that good),”.
I admit that I also was mad that brig get revork (couze armore reduce low damage like dva, reaper when they far, still work normaly for other heroes), problem was not brig but players that didnt want to switch hero.
Now we just add more cooldown for heroes but for smoe reason tanks and support.

eh… let’s just hope that “back to the future” will accualy work.

2 Likes

People play whoever is busted. Theres no real fans anymore mostly just tier abusers.

If Ana would get nerfed all of her onlyfans would instantly drop the character.

Just like with Ashe mains. There used to be an Ashe in everysingle match when she was busted. Now you never see an Ashe. What happened to all those Ashe fans? All those people constantly talking about how much they like the character and her gameplay? They all dropped her.

Seems like they didnt actually like Ashe. Just liked that she was S tier. These people only look at Tiers. Strenght. Theres only a few people who are fans of characters and always play them. The others just pick whatevers the most busted and dont form a connection even if they pretend they do.

2 Likes

I never dropped Reaper and he is well, not that good.

Different talk, I wonder when we get new news about Ow2 in general again, like date and time.
The stream showcase is over a 100 days old now…

I think at Blizzcon next year in February theyre supposed to show alot more news. And they said something like on April 2022 we should all be playing on a build of OW2.

And yeah I didnt drop my mains either even though theyre cheeks. Thats why its so annoying when these tier abusers act like they reaaaally love their characters and are big fans of them - and then immediately drop them once their “favorite character” recieves a slap on the wrist nerf and even though theyre still very Good - its just not enough anymore for these tier abusers.

Ashe “fans” are the prime example of this.

2 Likes

The uptick in soldier play right now is indicative of this no doubt.

1 Like

Probably former “Ashe mains” converting to Soldier now. If he gets nerfed theyll have to finally sit down and learn Tracer next. Maybe if the game was balanced they would actually try to find a character they genuinely like instead of constantly looking for whos the best.

2 Likes