What will supports look like in Overwatch 2?

As I said, it’s just a different interpretation.

For example, people might say that sentry mode is part of Bastion’s identity. But I would go as far as to say (and I’m willing to bet the developers would agree) that his identity is more about being a transforming robot. It doesn’t matter what exactly he transforms into.

In Brigitte’s case, she’ll likely still be a mace-wielding engineer that has a shield and gives out armour to her team :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Especially since they have said they want Ana to keep her dart. Dart is literally the worst CC in this game its the only one they plan to keep? Baffles me honestly.

8 Likes

I’m so thankful to see all this communication happening. Thank you so much for doing this :sparkles:

And now I must discuss a thing

First off, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing some info on what’s happening with Brig; I love her, and I’ve been so worried having no idea at all of what’s going to happen to her. Now that we know about this stun thing, I’m feeling cautiously hopeful about what else might change to compensate for its removal. If I may give a little feedback suggestion thing, though, maybe she could still be able to interrupt abilities with Bash without stunning anyone? As long as that doesn’t interfere with her possibly getting more bulk, of course

Also, another thing about Brig I would like to bring up, if it’s alright: what do the devs actually consider to be Brig’s identity as a hero? People mention how the devs might have a completely different idea about what she’s supposed to be than we do, which is why I ask. I (and probably a lot of other people) personally believe that she’s supposed to be bulky and tough, with lower-than-average levels of healing and mobility to compensate: a “paladin”-type hero. Do we have the right idea?

4 Likes

Are they gonna make immo field and ult of something yet?

Does this mean Sym has a chance of becoming a support again? Is there any progress or info on her being moved back? :pray:

2 Likes

The shield bash and stun effect are one of her Highlight Intros…

They are also removing armor and being replaced by some ugly green goo looking stuff…

How many parts do you want to remove and pretend that it’s still the same Hero? I guess if we leave the head and the VA, surely will be the same character right?

I would go as far as to say that her stun is more important than her Whipshot gameplay wise. It’s her most important utility imo.

If Brig becomes a support that just heals and DPS, sorry but I don’t want to play a melee version of Moira.

2 Likes

What’s your point?

I mean we won’t really be able to tell how much different she will be until the changes are finalised and released to us, so I can’t speak on the overhealth mechanic. All I’m saying is that removing the stun from her shield bash is not removing her identity by the interpretation I’m going with.

Is her playstyle going to change from a defensive one to something more proactive?

I could have told you this in 2018. Ever wonder why GOATS was a thing? Tanks have always done way too much damage, they’re just fat DPS and make regular DPS characters irrelevant. You guys “fixed” this by artificially forcing two people on the team to play DPS.

3 Likes

Did you even read what I said? It sounds like you just briefly skimmed over the post and generated some vaguely related reply out of your behind. The closest to an assumption that I made was that you didn’t work at blizzard.
You can’t just “no u” your way out of this lmao what??

Sounds awful, and makes me glad I won’t get to see it.

2 Likes

Sombras hack, brigs control…
Jesus, developer just make hero be bored and deprive them of playability.

Without stun, Brig may as well had spray bottle and try to shoo DPS away with it.

She was supposed to be protector kind of hero, but she can’t protect even herself…

5 Likes

Just to follow up, then how about Ana? Assuming that she retains most of her toolkit, she’ll still be very good since sleep is a very strong CC, alongside anti-nade that cuts off every healing possible. Would she see major changes as well?

with reduce effective healing…that means they are less support…which is what their whole existence is based on…i dunno i’m just noob talking about of my noob…

i’ll go noob out of here

So Supports are getting healing nerfs across the board.
While Tanks are being crippled, the number of them on the field is halved and they will receive less healing which they’ve always been dependant on.

Tell me again the BLATANT LIE that the team isn’t pathetically biased towards damage heroes.

Because it’s plainly obvious they are literally rigging OW2 to make it as easy as they can for damage mains to mow down whatever they want with impunity and no barriers or healing to get in the way. Ever single change they’ve revealed is to the collective BENEFIT of the damage heroes alone. What a garbage team.

8 Likes

They’re gonna be reworked into “combat medics”.

3 Likes

If you haven’t picked up on it, the CC is being balanced based on “annoyance factor”.

Also wouldn’t be surprised if devs don’t like Brig being in the “sucks for 95% of the population and OP for 2%”.

And just generally a lot of people hold resentment against what Brig brought to the game. I.e. Too much MOBA, Not enough FPS.
So I could see them using it as a sales pitch of “Hey Brig isn’t annoying anymore”.

1 Like

Probably worse. As in Quake-based variation of Battlefield, medics were constantly reviving incapacitated soldiers, and we definitely won’t be getting that in Overwatch 2.

“Combat medis” as in “go in frontline, DPS and maybe once in a while sprinkle some heals”.

2 Likes