What SR do you consider good?

Anything Sub T500 isn’t “good” imo. As soon as you think you are good at the game you will stop looking to improve.

i’ve been playing Masters/GM and i still think im terrible at the game.

2 Likes

I agree. Like, you look at us (Master/GM) and you still see the stupidest positioning and ability usage and when people call us good I go “wut?” The stupid positioning only goes away when you get maybe halfway through T500 or so.

1 Like

Overwatch league.
Everyone below that is trash

2 Likes

I’d say Top OD-T2 isnt trash, just not as good. The people in Top OD can be absolutely insane.

1 Like

Which sounds bizarre :thinking:

Here’s the official one from Kaplan. The other list is from data tracking sites.

I bet OP is like the ISIS of smurf apologists because rolling the low ranks helps make them “good” at the game.

Excuse me, what? Where tf do you get that lol.

1 Like

Your post is so self-righteous and entitled that apologizing for smurfing would fall directly into your line of thinking.

Give an example. Humour me.

Okay…? Apologizing for something you did that was wrong, is bad now? Yes they should get banned, but…?

1 Like

“Call me elitist, but I believe, until you hit 4200, you are still learning the BASICS of the game.”

Until a player is in the top 1%, they haven’t learned the basics of the game? This thought is asinine, entitled, arrogant, and ignorant.

Let’s make an OW to traditional sports comparison—basketball. The basics of basketball are Lay ups, Shooting, Foul Shooting, Passing, Dribbling and ballhandling. You don’t learn the basics in college or the NBA. You must know and master the basics way before getting to that level.

3 Likes

Yep, the basics in overwatch are ult tracking, positioning, awareness, mechanics, compositions and synergy (thats the big ones). When you hit 4200 you understand those skills. Before that, you really dont understand all them. T3 is college and OWL is NBA in this case.

1 Like

The basics of OW are covered in 2-minute tutorial, which is why the tutorial exists.

Yeah… the tutorial is NOT Overwatch.

1 Like

I agree, but it is the basics.

Sure, but I wouldnt consider that ALL of the basics. Its more of… learning what 1+1 is, so you can learn the rest of addition. addition is still basic

Addition itself is a basic concept of mathematics, yes. Let’s call addition left click. No, let’s call counting left click. Addition is more like an ability. It’s a necessary tool, but if done (or used incorrectly), you probably won’t get the correct answer.

It’s more odd simply because the traditional style of ranked ladders work more as well, a ladder, than Overwatch.

Overwatch’s system more focuses on getting people to where they belong as soon as possible rather than other games which typically start people off in the lower ranks and let them climb from there.

4.4 is crap compared to professional player though. And the Florida Mayhem are technically professionals, yet they’re trash in the scale of OWL. So put it that way, even 4.4k is super garbage tier. In fact all ranked is garbage tier, and only the top 12 standing OWL players are considered ‘good’, the top 6 ‘great’, and top 3 ‘excellent’.

All ranked is garbage. Top ranked players get screwed in even tier 3 open divisions because they don’t understand ‘proper’ Overway gameplay. Is that the answer you were looking for?

And this is also a big problem of the game.
It doesn’t teach players until you reach this high.
Why not replace QP and change it to a mode that really teaches players the basics?

Now we teach each other how to play. Every X SR higher and you supposed to know a new basic thing. This creates frustration when halve of the team knows and does it and the other ones don’t. Changing the outcome to a match mostly to who has the most players who adept to the new rank.
And this changes also, the current level where you need to have good positioning or else be immediately punished for it, is higher then a few season ago. Like a few seasons ago at high gold/low plat you didn’t get away by not grouping up. Now almost all players still just run in as soon as they can at this level.

1 Like