What’s Your Dream PTR Balance Patch?

Mercy:

Now has a cynical personality, bags under her eyes and smokes.

6 Likes

Blizzard, hire this person, they’re onto something good.

1 Like

Yeah and one of your counters dva completely nullifies that, it would be a severe drain on pharahs combat uptime to be looking for healthpacks

In my opinion its the fact shes an airborne target thats holding her back as an airborne target is naturally a hard one to kill in lower ranks, but I also wouldnt mind not having to worry about Pharahs demanding I pocket them, but not at the cost of ruining the character I play

Cant you already achieve the same effect but slower without the new ability? Im not saying I wouldnt mind it Ive always supported having it, but again isnt another big problem for many pharah mains is not wanting to have to get on the ground to get healing, maybe your not like the others, maybe you dont mind but still

If your gonna suggest a change expect people to argue about it, if you dont want them to, than dont suggest the change Pez

Ana:
Nano Boost:
*Healing reduced to 200.
*Damage Reduction now applies to Ana, too.

(Explanation: Nano is too strong but I think it could be toned down a little bit + help Ana be a bit more durable.)

Ashe:
New Passive - Crackshot: if Ashe kills an enemy with a head-shot, she’s refunded the ammo.

(Explanation: Ashe sometimes has an ammo problem and she’s not really seen much at higher ranks too often. This will fix it and reward the Ashe player for having good aim.)

Baptiste:
Biotic Launcher:
*25% of the healing applies to Baptiste.

(Explanation: Baptiste could use a bit more survivability.)

Brigitte:
Repair Pack:
*Cooldown reduced by 2 seconds (4 seconds total)
*Heal now scales based on target’s health (50 to 250) Lower HP allies will receive more healing. The target will always receive 50 armor at the end.

Shield Bash:
*Damage increased by 20 (25 damage total).

Rally:
*Armor to allies is reduced by 50%.
*Armor lasts 10 seconds less (20 seconds total).
*Affects allies at lower health 15% more.

(Explanation: I think Shield Bash was nerfed too hard and I think Brigitte should be more focused on healing and saving allies from death. I think the armor component of Rally is too strong but Brigitte could be more effective on saving lower health allies.)

Mei:
New Passive - Ice Skater: Mei’s speed is increased by 15% on frozen ground.

Cryo-Freeze:
*now also restores 50 ammo per second.

Blizzard:
*now also reloads your weapon.

(Explanation: Mei is mostly fine but these are some minor tweaks to make her more competitive.)

Mercy:
Caduceus Staff:
*Damage Boost has been removed. New secondary is a channeled beam that deals 25 damage per second and reduces their damage caused by 30%.
*Healing increased to 55 HPS.

Caduceus Blaster:
*can now also heal allies.

Valkyrie:
Is now the “E” ability. On a 30 second cooldown.

Rez:
Is now the Ultimate ability. Can now also be triggered if Mercy is dead, allowing her to revive herself. If Mercy uses it to revive herself, Valkyrie is automatically triggered and does not trigger a cooldown.

(Explanation: IMO, Mercy needs a complete retool. And I think the above would help. 60 HPS might be too much so 55 is a middle ground. Allowing her to also heal with her blaster will enable her to be more offensive while not letting her allies die so easily. I think the damage boost is a stupid mechanic on Mercy so I gave her staff a damage component so she could either use strong heal + slow damage or swap to her gun and do strong damage + weaker heals. I think Rez should be an ultimate that lets her rez herself because “heroes never die!” plus Valk would be a nice E ability.)

Moira:
Biotic Grasp:
*Self-heal increased to 35 (was 30).

Biotic Orb:
*Damage Orb now restores Biotic Energy when dealing damage.

Fade:
*Cooldown reduced by 1 second (5 seconds).

Coalescence:
*Damage increased by 5 (75 total) and healing increased by 10 (150 total).

(Explanation: Moira isn’t really utilized at higher ranks and as such some buffs across the table could be warranted. Increasing the damage of Biotic Grasp was not a good idea so I increased her self heal a bit + reduced the cooldown of Fade so she’d have more survivability. And the Biotic Orb now giving her energy and the increased Colaescence power should make her more threatening.)

Wrecking Ball:
Quad Cannons:
*Reload time isn’t interrupted when you enter ball form.

Roll:
*Restores 5 ammo per second while in this mode.

Adaptive Shield:
*Can use while stunned or frozen.

(Explanation: Hammond is in a pretty good place but I feel like these tweaks will make him a bit better. As it stands the reload problem is really annoying and he relies a lot on his cannons to take out certain targets, but since they’re so small and he’s so big - he tends to go through ammo. These changes should help.)

Widowmaker:
Widow’s Kiss:
*Damage needs to be looked at. I’m not an expert here, but I feel like she does too much damage for how mobile she is as a sniper character.

Venom Mine:
*Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds.
*Damage increased by 25 (100 total).

(Explanation: I said a lot in the section under Widow’s Kiss. I think Venom Mine should be on par with other “grenade” type of abilities. It’s a bit weak currently. I also don’t like her ult and would prefer something more flavorful, but I’ve done enough today, lol.)

3 Likes

I didnt even see this but yes and no, yes its because you mentioned a character I played and no its not just because of that I havent argued about any of the other changes because Ive only read yours

Basically this thread

I didn’t say don’t argue, I just don’t like you. There’s a difference. You started with hostility, not a debate or counter argument, so I just don’t really care what you have to say. Should take notes from Venus. I don’t agree with them the majority of the time but they aren’t hostile, so actual conversations are possible.

That much is obvious with your immediately hostile response.

Which is understandable, I tend to like you in most threads I see you in, this is not one of them personally

I started saying I would quit the game if it happened, voicing my opinion on it, could it have been less extreme? Yes, but I gave my honest opinion on how that change would affect the game for me

You’re right I started that in the second reply after voicing my opinion on it

Yet here you are replying so apparently you do care enough to do that

Venus came in with supporting evidence on an already ongoing argument theres a difference, but agreed I could be more respectful, but seeing as you dont care about what I have to say I dont care for being respectful to you in this thread

Believe it or not actual conversations are possible with me, but I’m rather strong with my words so you’d have to bear with that

I dont understand how you see that response as so hostile but it certainly has you upset to only be bringing it up this late in the discussion almost like its been dwelling on you, but yes we can infer many things from what people post even without them directly saying who they main, I could tell you played a lot of Pharah from your first post just like you could tell I play a lot of Mercy from mine

Difference appears to be I’ve played both. I’ve played a lot of mercy too, I’m just not as bothered by her change as you obviously were, which is fine. Maybe start a little less extreme if you don’t want people to not be hostile back. Just saying.

Fair enough. I was mostly discussing it because it was already being discussed though, personally.

1 Like

It was definitely a conversation that didn’t start on a good foot, that’s for sure

2-2-2 Comps implemented.

Roles are randomly assigned at the start of the match; you keep the assigned role until you successful finish a match.

1 Like

Mercy would become OP and even more boring, god no.

Depends on how it was implemented. Maybe, maybe not. Wouldn’t really get anything if you just GAd no real distance and that max would only apply to max distance GA. Could also be lowered, but it would be interesting anyway.

Thing is I play pharah a lot too, she just isnt a passion for me like mercy is, I play her when I feel like playing her or when shes the best option against the enemy team, which I feel most of your mercy experience comes from

Agreed it is fine, I’m providing my side of the coin being that this change bothers me extremely

When did I complain about you being hostile? Im fine with hostility, like it even, it adds a bit of fire to any conversation imo but I understand not everyone does, so next time we meet pez if you feel Im being too hostile say so the second you feel I am and I’ll tone it down as best I can and I’ll try to start conversations with you specifically, less hostile

1 Like

Will do. That being said, I’d like to apologize. I’m in a spectacularly bad mood this week as I was affected by the tornadoes in Ohio and just stressed the hell out. Even minor hostilities that wouldn’t normally get under my skin are atm and didn’t realize it until just now.

2 Likes

Lucio-
Last patch undone
Speed boost’s effect on teammate get’s reduced to 20% (from 30%)

Brigitte-
Repair pack removed
Inspire removed
Rally removed
Shield Bash removed
Shield health buffed to 800 (was 500)
health is now 150 health 150 armor
Whip shot does 100 damage
New ult that increases her damage, speed, and health by 25%, all health becomes armor.
New role: Tank

Reaper-
No longer screams when he presses E

Sombra-

Hack duration shortened by 1 second
Now has audio queues for when she hacks someone “Roadhog is hacked” for her teammates only

Hanzo-
Storm arrows has 2 fewer arrows, and does 75 damage per arrow (was 70)

Zarya-
Passive energy loss is increased by 20%
Alternate fire takes up 20 ammo (was 25)

Ashe-
BOB no longer contests point and lasts 10 seconds total (instead of 10 seconds after collision)
Hip fire does 50 damage, but has .3 seconds per shot (was 40 damage and .25 per shot)

Junkrat-
Bombs do 120 damage (was 130)
Riptyre has 50 health 50 armor (was 100 health)

Mei-
After target is frozen they can’t be refrozen or slowed for 2 seconds afterwards.
Ult is now a shootable target with 200 health
Damage of primary fire increased to 65 DPS

Sym-
Slow taken off of turrets
Teleporter is now permanent and unkillable (I’m a madman)

Bastion-
Reconfigure is now a flat .5 seconds across the board (including ult)
Ult now lasts 1 fewer seconds.

Armor has been replaced with sheilds except for torbjorns ability.

Orisas shield cooldown has been increased by 1 second

Genjis wallclimb has been adjusted so that it works everytime - to many times a genji has been punished because his wallclimb ability does not work correctly

Players can now build ult charge from damaging turrets - if symetra and torbjorn can build ult charge from their turrets then ult charge should be able to be built by damaging the turrets as well.

Tracers pulse bomb damage has been increased by 200 damage and damage radius decreased by 1 meter - we have realized that tracers pulse bomb is extremely difficult to land on all the small hitbox characters along with having the smallest aoe damage in game, so we have decided to make it what it is supposed to be a tank buster.

Doomfist is now unable to ledge boost from his rocket punch any attempt will stop him as if their is a wall in the way. Furthermore pressing spacebar at the end of rocket punch will no longer allow extra movement.

Sombra’s hack and emp do not remove genjis, hanzos wallclimb, along with baptiste jump, lucios wallride.
The time for enemies hacked has been decreased by 1 second
Hacked enemies will now have a 15% damage taken increase for the time they are hacked, futhermore emp’d enemies recieve a 20% damage taken increase during the time they are emp’d.
Hp has been decreased from 200 to 150

Junkrat mine is reverted back to only having 1 mine, the secondary mine along with it being able to be stacked to 3 has allowed junkrat to flank very easily in which he was designed to be an antiflanker.

Zaryas charge rate has been reverted by 10% so instead gaining 40% charge from taking a firestrike while bubbled she will gain 44% charge.

Lucios boop distance has been increased by 5 meters.

Moiras healing orb and damage orb disapear now after touching a wall twice, and no longer travel through shields.

Meis m1 damage no longer effects multiple enemies, and her wall up time has been decreased by 2 seconds.

Anas sleep dart damage has been increased from 5 damage to 50 damage, either that or it has been turned into hitscan instantly putting the target asleep instead of timing the projectile speed to the enemies movement.

Ashes coach gun movement has been increased by 5%

Winstons health restart for ultimate can now be negated by anas chem bomb.

Both doomfists and reapers hp has been decreased to 200.

Symettras hitbox and model size have been increased by 10%

All characters ult charge rate has been increased by 5%

We have made 1 more opening to hanamura, paris and lunar colony point a to get past main choke point, and 1 more opening to point b for volskaya and temple of anubis to get past main choke point.

Man, I knew I should have asked if you were okay. You usually have very thick skin. I’m sorry to hear that. I been there before, though not specifically because of tornados. I hope that everything works out.

Stay tough and God Bless.

3 Likes
  1. Hanzo’s lunge extended from 5 to 8.
  2. Bastion gains new passive: When transforming from sentry mode to any other mode (recon or tank) gain a brief burst of speed.
  3. Sym: allow her to select turrets to destroy.
  4. Orisa: ultimate changed to a AoE anti cc.
  5. Mccree: able to cancel ult for 50% ult refund.