What really was wrong with mass Resurrect?

“Hide n Res” didn’t have the highest reward though.

Playing sloppy can force ults, especially in a 5v6? Let’s be realistic here. :joy:

Agree with this.

Intentionally letting your team die to res is a bad Mercy ult

Tempo ressing is a good Mercy ult.

• The SR exploit made it hard to tell which strategy was the best. I’ll tell you now, from what I know since season 3 to 5 as a GM Mercy main. Tempo ressing is the best.

I disagree. The game since then has had some serious power creeps. Heroes are way more broken than before.

As this game is a hybrid of 2 game types, it doesn’t have to follow any sort of rules.

How about this?

2 Likes

still not balanceable, rez as a mechanic, not an ultimate specifically or ability specifically, will never be balanceable.

Still is balanceable.

id preferably just remove the unbalanceable mechanic, or in your view ‘balanceable butd take a ton of time and work’ mechanic.

Rez is a bundle of problems the game doesnt need.

That can be fixed very easily.

If they allowed Sombra to cancel MR while the team is still yellow (being rezed) or by making the enemy shield blocks souls. I think it would have been fine.

Or If the made the teammates who got rezed start with 1hp then they receive 200hp/s or something like that so Ana can use her Anti to counter the rez.

But, noooo. let’s rework her.

no it cant lol, if it could be itd have been done already as blizzard loves taking the easy way out

“Easy way out”. That assertion is already disproven by the amount of reworks heroes got.

few examples to take away from the many that back up mine.

Yeah, no. They’ve failed one to many times at taking the easy route. Especially for Mercy.

A cast time would not fix it. The cast time would either be too short to feasibly react to, or too long to complete without being interrupted.

1 second is neither too short or too long when compared to other ultimate cast times.

other ultimates cant revive your teammates

Other ultimates; most ultimates are wiping ultimates. Those are already better than Resurrect. Then there’s support ultimates like Zen’s and Lucio’s. Which is better? It certainly isn’t mass Resurrect.

titanium seems to be the spokesperson for mercy, except titanium forgot one big thing about mass rez.

Mass rez = an ultimate that brings the team back to life after all momentum has been lost and granting the enemy team both the positioning advantage and the first shot? BUT the mercys team has the ability advantage and ult advantage 9/10 as most of the time the enemy team used a lot of resources to wipe them.

Lucios ult and trans are extremely good, but the enemy team just has to prolong the fight for those ults to stop their effect, then use their resources and they win. Not to mention there was multiple ways back then to bypass trans, and a lot of burst ults chewed through lucio ult.

The only reasons mercy was not good back then was because ana herself was overpowered and mercys healing was what it is now, and had worse mobility and a worse passive

cant have two main healers in a comp to be viable

Literally, the other ultimates I listed, you still have your ultimates and abilities.

How do you prolong a fight where the enemy team uses an ultimate that makes his team pseudo immortal?

Resurrect would be the easiest to deal with then. They don’t get to be pseudo immortal whilst being able to use their resources for 6 seconds. They don’t get to turn into tanks. They only get revived. After that, the game plays out as normal.

i dont think you got what i mean or im confused on what you just said

thing called positioning, works pretty well. also using those ults counters, back then for lucio it was high burst damage and for zen it was anti grenade

the game does not play out as normal, when they are rezzed they are usually the ones in a severe advantage.

It encouraged Mercy to NOT help her team and instead just go hide somewhere and wait for everyone to die.

That’s what was wrong with it.

Wasn’t encouraged by the ultimate and hiding counters itself.

You said the ressed team will have a ultimate advantage. I’m pointing out how this is the same for Lúcio and Zen’s ults. Those ults are reactive ults. You’re not going to just randomly pop it for pseudo immortality against a team not using any ultimates.

Funny, really. Positioning is also the advantage the enemy team gets given when against a ressed team.

Mass Ress had counters. People just didn’t bother to counter it.

Except that’s not the case at all. Besides, you used ultimates in the fight before but you didn’t get the Mercy. Even if they supposedly did have an advantage, that’s your fault for not killing the Mercy with her team.

counters like what, hoping to find and kill the mercy?

the only counter to mass rez was killing the mercy before it went off.