What really was wrong with mass Resurrect?

Here’s one: positioning.

there was no animation to rez, soon as mercy got in range she resurrected everyone instantly. So positioning does nothing.

Actually, the enemy team can displace Mercy’s team. With that, the Mercy now has a choice. Resurrect one teammate when the rest will still be dead or use it for the next fight, in which, you can again, displace the enemy team. That too hard? Just stagger deaths then. That’s also too hard? Use an ultimate for the ressed teammates. That’s also too hard? Take advantage of the your team’s positioning advantage. That’s also too hard?! Question the fact that maybe you’re just not good enough to counter Res; not that there’s no counters to it.

It was definitely encouraged by the ultimate and it did not counter itself. Stop spewing this like it’s a fact because it’s false. Hide n Res was a valid strat at certain times and there’s no refuting it.

Hell, I loved when Mercy hid on my team sometimes because it gave us the edge.

It hurts my brain cells to read the posts, that’s all.

Then don’t read them? Not too difficult. XP

Except when most of the posts on here are about mercy it’s hard to avoid. But you’re right, I’ll just let you guys circle jerk in peace.

It was definitely not encouraged by the ultimate and it did counter itself. Stop spewing stuff like this as a fact because it’s false. Hide n Res was not a valid strat and literally only has a chance of being successful if the team it’s used against is bad which still doesn’t change anything and there’s no refuting it.

Hell, I hated it when Mercy hid on my team because I’m here with the rest of my team in a 5v6.

must have been why hide n rez was used in pro play whenever mercy was played totally only successful against bad teams

yep and the majority of the playerbase is in gold and plat so yeah you can connect the dots there

when a lot of low rank players hated mass rez because of the hide n seek tactic that rather you mercy players like it or not was insanely popular and successful in low ranks, and diamond+ players hated mercy because she had and still arguably does have the easiest kit in the game, with the most powerful utility in any game ever that completely make a team fight won worthless.

I wonder why mercy got reworked. hmm

1 Like

It happened to Seagull all the time in top 500 as well. He would frequently rant about it because it DID work and he can’t be playing hide and seek all game because that’s counterproductive.

2 Likes

The only ones that are doing that are the ones saying ”Mass Rez was OP!! Hide and Rez was in EVERY SINGLE MATCH!!”

Like. Come on.

exactly, ‘hurr durr only worked on bad teams or bad players’ those kind of statements seriously wonder why i even bother coming on the forums.

im not one of those, i am one of those that admit mass rez was not even remotely balanced, and that hide and rez was in a lot of games and was popular and successful across every single rank and even in some pro play games.

Mercy players are insanely in denial.

Oi, I’m not part of a circle jerk I just didn’t like Mass Resurrect. ;-;

Can you blame me? I still want Mercy to be fun for all the Mercy players but the thought of Mass Resurrect coming back haunts me

Gonna need links here. I have this feeling that you’re confusing “Hide n Res” for ducking into cover when hearing ultimates.

Why are you surprised that it worked in those ranks? They are bad players. It doesn’t suddenly mean the strategy is good.

Cuz. “DiSHeaRtEnInG to PLAy agaiNST”.

Link it.

‘hurr durr always worked, it’s a good strategy!’. Those kind of strategies seriously make me wonder, why do I even bother coming on the forums?

This is rich. Coming from the same person insisting that the strategy is good even though there’s enough evidence to prove the contrary.

I’ll be honest here - I’m not gonna go out of my way to link you stuff just for you to go:

“ACCKKTTUAALLLYY SHE WASN’T HIDING. Her toe was out! You could see her toe so technically she wasn’t hiding! Fake news! This is fake news!”

From what I’ve read you don’t want to have a conversation, you want to argue things and your opinion seems to be the only one that matters. There’s no swaying your opinion and you’re not going to sway mine.

Good luck pushing your cause, I hope Blizzard can find a middleground for everyone. :grin:

It happened to EeveeA all the time is top 500 as well. She would frequently rant about it because it didn’t work, at all.

I’m not even arguing this lmfao. When you need to make up stuff to make me look bad.

I mean, most of what I’ve said is backed up by evidence somewhere in this thread. All you did was say no and called it a day.

Same. That will most likely involve this:

and theres plenty of proof of hide n seek working successfully and popularly in every single rank from bronze to top 500 as well as pro play.

Anyone who knew seagull specifically of the high tier streamers back then would know how popular and good it was in high tier.

also im a bit tired of titanium being preached every single time as if the rework titanium proposed is perfect.

People can play bad. Its not like people in GM are the perfect players. Now, something like players from the OWL losing to this strategy and I’d be shook.

And anyone who watched x streamer would know how popular and bad it was in high tier.

I don’t care? It wasn’t meant for you to read. That being said, is there anything wrong with it that you’d like to let me know?