What is with the "buff genji" posts now days?

Are you actually sure it isn’t a bi-product of the meta though? :thinking: Genji seems fine to me. He doesn’t need the absolute highest stats or pickrates. He should be a bit difficult to get value out of. He’s not doing badly. There’s others who clearly are in worse shape.

Thipical phrase. There are worse heroes. Just fun that when some heroe is super underpowered, like Bastion or Symm, people compares Genji with those to feel that it’s a reasonable arguement. The thing is that Genji’s one of the most difficult heroes in the game and sometimes he can’t even kill on a scenario where he should.

1 Like

If you’re gonna buff genji’s main kit, you have to have some compensation and nerf his ultimate. It’s already a well known thing for most people that Nanoblade is extremely oppressive. I would be fine with old Genji if his Ult got SOME compensation nerf (but ofc, why would the devs do that?) it could literally be like 15% Ult charge increase, or even getting rid of its damage boost or something. I do also think Ana is at fault here too so don’t think I’m just saying “nerf Genji”. We’re just talking about Genji rn, not Ana.

If he’s the 11th most picked DPS, the meta obviously doesn’t favor him.

2 Likes

Nah, I’m comparing him to Junkrat, Tracer, Hanzo, Ashe, Soldier, Symmetra, Bastion, Mei and McCree. Not just Bastion and Sym, sorry.

You’re telling me that Tracer and Ashe are worse than Genji? lmao

2 Likes

He’s pretty bad outside of nanoblade rn tho, and the fact he has a sub-par pickrate in an Ana dive meta is weird.

I wouldn’t revert all the changes but one should be

3 Likes

Genji mains ain’t thankful, you should know that
2 reverts killed him bro

1 Like

You can’t say not all and not specify, explain, ofc every character is good with multiple comps, tbh, because hes so bad in this state, his best comp is double shield. Thats is literally his best comp at the moment, I am not even joking.

I really? because I didn’t see anyone comment that it was the reason for the changes.

It is true, he was meta heading into double shield.

He wasn’t meta heading into double shield. Doom reaper, mei, then tracer ashe, or widow ashe, and then ashe genji. Then double shield dead.

It’s not even that.

Last time Dive was meta, Tracer/Widow was the much more common DPS duo, with Genji being the occasional flex pick. Things are exactly how they always have been.

Not the last one, the one before that.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EcbZBw3ovqU/W5UwA1gbs4I/AAAAAAAACBM/JfhIYWAix8opHPjsQG46Ivu82ht9QMy4QCLcBGAs/s1600/PC_Usage_Overall.png

Here is him as the #1 pick in GM heading into it.

Like, I think he should have his ult nerfed, and his base kit buffed, so that he can duke it up more and not be a blade bot. But like, he has been meta, and close to meta quite a lot since dive.

The last set of changes I think did him no favors though.

It does say anything about when the meta or graph was

September 10, 2018. Well after dive was dead. (as shown by Brigitte being a thing)

1 Like

It’s quoted in the post linked

1 Like

Uhh be advised that you replied in the other thread that’s 2 months old.

Lol I should have quoted it directly but I was like, I’m on my phone, I can just search up the last time I quoted it and link to it and there’s no way this can go bad right?

1 Like

People are more “IT’S DIVE IT’S HIS META!!!”

Yet forget Genji was the first to be swapped out during OG Dive too. Sure there was Tracer-Genji Dive, but there was Soldier-Lucio Dive where Genji was dropped. Pre-rework Mercy with Pharah Dive-replacing Genji and either Zen or Lucio. Then Genji also got swapped out for Sombra or Widow.

Dive isn’t “Genji’s meta”, it’s Tracer’s.

1 Like

Genji’s pick rate over the course of the game is 8 times higher than Mei’s AND he has a higher win rate. Please fight for Mei buffs too.