Ok, cool Moira changes, but when are you going to nerf hitscan heroes?

Revert Ashe’s recent buffs but keep 15 mag, make dynamite less deadly, Widow takes 1.25 to full charge and longer grapple cd, revert mccree old rof and flashbang duration and mabye compensate on something like dmg dropoff. Stuff like that.
The biggest one tho is widow, but idk how to properly nerf her without making her obsolete.

Ashe could certainly use revokes on her buffs

Widow already takes 1.4 seconds to charge a shot after the first one, so that’s fine as it is honestly. As for her grapple cooldown, it’s also fine. It’s already on double the cooldown of Winston’s jump.

McCree is also fine honestly, it’s easy to keep him at bay

Maybe make widow reload time slower and make scoped shots use 5 ammo instead of 3. So she will have 6 scoped shots before she needs to reload, instead of old 10.

They buffed Genji specifically to deal with hitscan. People then proceeded to lose their minds.

1 Like

Don’t say ANY change. They might buff one…

1 Like

Does it really? I was talking about the first shot and i really never noticed that because i (try) to quickscope most of the time lol. Still, i think grapple could use a cooldown increase, it would make her more killable.

Something about him doesn’t feel right tho. Maybe i was abituated at the old rof, but it doesn’t feel natural, his dps shouldn’t be this high. I’d rather be stunned for 0.1/0.2 more instead of this current rof. It could allow more accurate shots instead of the current “spam”.

Usually snipers in other fps do not have 10 rounds but usually 5 or 6. This is a good idea! But i doubt that would affect her in the long run. Still, it would be a welcomed change.

1 Like

You’re gonna have to explain how any of Genji’s changes specifically affected hitscan enemies and not everyone in the game.

1 Like

Ashe was meta in double freaking barrier

So they kill the barrier tanks and don’t even think to touch her

Catch me in that DPS queue bois

1 Like

Why nerf the heroes who have arguably the highest skill caps in the game?

Being a god widow takes months of aim training and practice, but lets nerf the widow because they spent time trying to hone their skills in a game to climb the SR ladder, you complain is broken because of hitscan players.

It takes less time to learn about playing sightlines and proper usage of positioning and cover, than it does to learn how to be the god widow that is forcing you into that position.

mechanical skill isn’t the only skill and it isn’t a reason to leave heroes blatantly overtuned either.

Yeah, Widow’s shots take 0.9 seconds to charge, and then there’s a 0.5 second delay after shooting before it starts charging again

As for McCree, even if he can spam shots faster, you still have to be accurate to get kills. If they had made his gun able to shoot more before reloading or reload faster, then a fire rate increase would have definitely led to an effective spam style.

1 Like

Not my words.

FWIW I explicitly complained about that when the buffs first went around.

2 Likes

OK, fair enough. I wasn’t aware they’d said that, that’s pretty dumb. If they actually buffed Genji in a way that was only anti-hitscan, that’d be one thing, but if anything it just makes hitscan better against him. Changes like the deflect timing could hypothetically be reacted to by a quick hitscan reaction the moment he drops it, but just leaves any projectiles even more possible to hit him with.

Nobody worth talking to wants to discredit the skill it takes to be a good, consistent Widow main. Because it IS hard, and takes a lot of time to do it

What people don’t like is the fact that her shots aren’t telegraphed, so you’re usually made aware of her position after she’s already killed someone.

She also has very few sniper drawbacks present in other games (low ammo, scope sway/breathing, lack of mobility, hitscan bullet with no laser sights) so while mechanically she’s demanding and is rewarded for it, she’s not exactly enjoyable to play against.

Besides, as the sustain and protection go down so other DPS can actually… Y’know, exist, it only makes sense to scale her down to be in line with the rest of the game. Trashing her would be stupid, leaving her as the undisputed best DPS with an infinite skill ceiling who can’t be dealt with unless you can out 1v1 her is also stupid

I think widow and ashe are slightly overtuned, but the remaining hitscan heroes are all fine IMO.

I know people like to throw around the word ‘hitscan’ to mean ‘precision hitscan’ but let’s be specific and remember that there are actually a lot of other hitscan heroes in the game that arent widow, ashe, and mccree.

Soldier, sombra, tracer, dva, reaper, hammond, baptiste

Despite how much time you need in order to get insane aim at widow, she still doesn’t have hard counters and it isn’t an excuse to give her free space to roam.

My bad, i should have specified. But those three are the hitscans that could use some adjustments. Everyone keep saying mccree is fine even though i seem the only one who could use a nerf on his rate of fire lmao.

The only thing they need to do to hitscan is to raise the skill-floor by lowering the rate of fire. The current high rate-of-fire on Widowmaker, Ashe and McCree leaves little or no room to punish missed shots. Missing should be punishing when you can so effectively deal instant burst damage at a medium-long range.

Other games punish missing by giving snipers limited ammunition - that’s not a possibility in Overwatch. So the two options available are clip size (more frequent reloads) or rate-of-fire.

Not nerfing a “high skill hero” is what lead us to goats and Brig just saying.

If a hero is too strong they should be nerfed regardless of any reason.

Projectile dps also require a lot of skill although different from hitscans and yet they’re not OP (Genji, Hanzo for example)

This so much.

And yet projectile heroes are made completely obsolete by hitscan currently - simple because hitscan is instant and projectiles have a travel time.

Ideally, projectile heroes should be able to bait a missed shot from their hitscan opponents and then capitalise on the opportunity to retaliate. However, the high rates-of-fire prevent this from happening.

1 Like

I love it when a person can deliver so perfectly.

I guess they were trying to make it so he could burst people down easier.

Because hitscan?

I don’t get it either.