What if Sym’s gun held the ramp indefinitely

I thought this would be a post for sym to hold the ball projectile indefinitely. I was disappointed.

2 Likes

I’ve asked for that so many times.

1 Like

It’s literally Sub-Zero’s ice clone idea from Mortal Kombat, and who knows if it’s good or not; let’s try it - or something else radically different. This is the point. And the purpose of the experimental card.

I mean she’s not supposed to be a flanker.

I’d prefer something like increasing the cool down of TP but making it work like her old Ultimate tp. Or allow her to build an entrance and exit to help her team come back quickly.

1 Like

absolutely not, no, no thank you, nope

1 Like

Would fit her more. I just want her playstyle to be what I actually played her for. Support buildings and some dps

1. take too long to build it
  2. you’d run into the same problems as now to build it esp since orbs (sym’s unconditional weapon fire i.e. what she can and is using most of the match time) cancel the charge
    • heck orbs cancelling charge further makes the problem worse because whenever you want to charge, you pretty much have to legit do nothing but wait and passively put up structures to do so until she gets team pocketted. tping to get in range for charge simply won’t happen because she can’t stay in 12m of the enemy long alone (hence why tp-orb-melee burst combo for picks makes sense because it doesn’t need sym to stay long) i.e. trading high down time ability for like 1s of a window to shoot primary.

it isn’t on demand at all.

orbs mathematically aren’t long ranged at all. if they are, I expect you to also say junkrat bombs, genji shurikens, etc. are also long ranged (which they clearly are not).

turrets do not give sym the self agency to damage people in the same way most heroes’ weapon does nor are they significant enough to dictate sym gameplay in a way that lets her play in longer range.

2 Likes

What if Blizzard has plans for her, but they only make sense once the ow2 heroes from launch are in the game… :thinking:? Just thinking. :sweat_smile:

They did use imagination. They imagined how far they could dig her grave, and kept digging.

2 Likes

Sym is the definition of wasted potential

1 Like

Indefinite charge can work but it needs a change to Orbs to justify the charge being held:

Secondary

• Orb Speed at 30 or 40 meters per second (testing required)
  • Orb no longer consumes ammo and now has charges like Symmetra’s Turret count. Each charge has a 2 second cooldown.
  • Orb no longer needs charging. It will fire immediately when off cooldown. With a slight fire rate between.
  • Orb Damage, explosion radius and Size scale with beam charge.
  • Firing Orbs immediately drop Beam charge by 1 level
Charge Levels

At Level 1
Damage: 40 (20 impact, 20 blast)
Size: .5 meters
Radius: .5 meters

At Level 2
Damage: 80 (40 impact, 40 blast)
Size: 1 meter
Radius: 1 meter

At Level 3
Damage: 120 (60 impact, 60 blast)
Size: 2 meters
Radius: 3 meters

Give her AND buff the survivability that she lost in the 3.0 nerfwork, by starters?

Not every hero is meant to pander to flanker players. Sym already lost much and more by making her 3.0 nerfwork pander to hitscan fetishists.

They imaginated how she can now use TP to creatively and ‘‘skillfully’’ to teleport herself to her own grave.

1 Like

But she can’t, it deploys too slowly.

Sounds weird. I’m not sure how to feel about it. What if you die? What if you zap for half a second and then stop?

What if bad players get mad that Symmetra has become a juggernaut who insta kills everything and “can literally do everything by herself,” and then she gets sledgehammer nerfs until she’s not viable like every other hero who rubs the vocal minority the wrong way?

well first off what gameplay are you going for? i.e. what position will sym be? what will she be using/doing?

2ndly, you can’t give her much sustain at all because if you give her a lot she’d be oppressive by making her w+m1 a lot easier.

3rdly, you can give her range on orbs, but not on primary, and even then, you can only make orbs midranged because primary is intended to be closer ranged (need somewhere where she’s not good). But simply making orbs midranged isn’t enough because she’d still be heavily outclassed and shields will counter her easily. hence the need to make tp more frequent (angles, utility, getting areas where most heroes can’t get to, getting in midrange more often etc. the thing that sets her apart).

4thly, I never said every hero should be flankers. but sym defs goes the flanker route:

5thly, you’re implying that 3.0 will never work, yet she’s never been balanced properly before. more frequent tp like old 3.0 finite tp + actual midranged orbs to play like a midranged zoning semi-flanker which is still unique due to how she needs to combine tp+orbs+turrets for various strats whether to kill, zone or provide utility.

Can we just get this engraved on a little plaque and just post it in all future discussions about Sym? This snippet is just so on point and concise. I love it.

1 Like

Sym’s weapon needs to shoot unlimited range lasers.

An interesting idea I saw that rolls into her builder/architech concept was that she can use whatever ability to draw shapes that become solid. Such as a bridge across a gap that non-mobile heroes normally wouldn’t be able to cross without some work put in, a small low HP barrier in a rudimentary shape that could block damage or wall an enemy into a corner, etc.