What if OW introduced a social hub?

If that is all it takes then you probably shouldn’t like anyone because every person on the planet is a craplord at some point or another. You don’t have to like Jeff but going “it was that thing that makes it worse,” is hardly fair.

Now I like you even less…

Jk best buddy. Eh I don’t like him. Don’t have too. Just have to try and like his game,

1 Like

Probably not to his team but to most of the people complaining in the forums I’m sure he has choice words.

1 Like

i’d suggest that you watch any of warframe’s dev streams they’re like
steve to scott: ok what are you working on?
scott: im looking into this frame… i wanna rework this ability to be more proactive
steve: oh are you close to done?
scott: no…
that’d be a lot nicer than just pure silence

1 Like

This is true for sure, when I browse the forums for the game I work on and see someone unsatisfied with the game I want to solve the problem but when they say we are incompetent or don’t care about our product when it is all we do for 40+ hours a week is hurtful and a lot of people don’t understand how game development works, they then features just get magically put in which isn’t the case. I think he does a good job with his public face though.

2 Likes

I like you OP!
Fantastic Idea - updating Skirms to be bigger and more engaging in various different ways!! Like, maybe on it’s own large map/city vs. using regular game maps!

Perhaps let people choose to be friendly in the social hub, or be agressive.
Let people challenge friendlies to duels.
Let people go into a bot-training room away from the bigger part of the hub.
If people are having fun in the hub, give them the option to re-enter queue after finding a game so they can hang out in the hub a bit more (could only pass on a game once though so they could avoid people just spending all their time in the hubs?!).

A big social hub, with number limits of course, would be pretty darn awesome!!
But I highly doubt they’ll put the time required into something like that. Because lets be real, it would take a LOT of development time to do something like this, and they’ve been struggling to give us even the bare minimum.

1 Like

In my experience bigger dev teams/publishers are more reluctant to allow this to happen. Previously when I worked with Bungie/Microsoft/WB games we had to go through a community manager to even talk to our players, at my current studio they allow me to interact directly with them. I think as a business grows they lose out on that identity they fostered when they were smaller.

Thank you for the complement, I agree with the rumors of Overwatch 2 on the horizon and the dev team busy with some secret plan for the game it is unlikely they will implement it in the current iteration or anytime soon for that matter but I do think this kind of feedback is valuable to see the direction the community would be interested in seeing the franchise go.

1 Like

yeah my boss said something very similar… he mentioned that he doesn’t like the team to have more than 30 devs bc it gets hard to manage everything and keep the integrity… he invites our clients over every weekend to see if they want any parts of the apps and programs changed and how do they feel about them overall

2 Likes

YESSS :heart_eyes: The game is definitely lacking in social opportunities and this could be so cool, maybe there could be something like this where you cold bring your group into a hub or just join one whenever just to meet other players.

3 Likes

If I wanted to waste my time it wouldn’t be in Overwatch. I would go to an MMO if I wanted to do all that. They have better chat options, emotes, etc. Like, I can’t make wavy rainbow colored text in Overwatch unless I wanna get banned or somethin.

This system would be opt in like Skirmish, you “wasting your time” would be the exact same amount of time you are waiting in queue, you just have other things to do than look at a menu you have seen thousands of times in the last 3 years.

Overall I don’t think they should be adding in more things that aren’t fixes to this game. I would rather join workshop custom games, because those are basically what you’re describing, and, its already in the game.

Personally, I opted out of Skirmish, because it wasn’t fun unless I was already in a party with people that wanted to hang out long enough to accomplish things in game.

MMO’s do this better though, and I don’t want more people NOT playing the actual game. We have enough team mates saying Hello to the enemy mid match already. The playerbase is split enough between arcade and workshop games, quickplay and competitive.

I don’t think you understand what I am suggesting.

This is just for something to do in queue, these people would just be sitting in a menu otherwise.

Custom games would also be nice but I have seen lots of posts asking for a replacement for skirmish so why not a place where you can do everything the menu offers plus some training stuff?

Ok, I re-read what you’re talking about. The one thing that wouldn’t make sense is that, if this is a waiting in que replacement, people still wouldn’t be in there long enough to really do anything still.

The only ones that would be in there at this point would be DPS in que, because Tanks and Healers either wait the estimated times as far as I’ve experienced, or they get into a game immediately.

Something different for Skirmish would be alright. I personally wouldn’t use it, but that’s just me.

Yes this would mainly DPS , very high or very low ranked people but it is at least better than nothing.

Also glad we could clarify my intentions.

1 Like

Yeah, logic and fact checking do alot that people don’t realize. :blush:

1 Like

great idea, not sure how but it should be focused around creating groups.

like one thing they could add would be a chalkboard where you could draw up plays and stuff and try to get people to try you strategy. It should be called the war room.

but you’re saying have something while you’re already in queue

I’m gonna wait till Blizzcon, we might have guilds :pray:

2 Likes

A clan or guild system would be so good,I think more beneficial than LFG was

The war room idea is really cool too!

1 Like

the LFG could’ve been good

if you ever watch Overwatch Central on youtube, about a year ago some contributor showed a mock up of a war room type deal, but only for you 6 man group before queue.

Overwatch is awesome, everything that touches it is lackluster. (replays are awesome)How matchmaker should work (imho) this is more along the line of what I’d like to see Overwatch be

1 Like

Ill take a peek at those links when i get home!

1 Like