What if instead of role queue/222

Sounds like a player issue that should be alleviated with enough consistent reports. Also These things literally happen without a ban system if some1 picks their hero (very rarely) …

That was listing possible impact. Not of a goal or an intent. It was acknowledgement that one tricks would have a rougher time once in a while.

1 Like

That just how it played out in the Jayne pugs. Teams picks to make their 3-3 like comp stronger, not to play random heroes.
Also it would not work at the pro level anyways being all maps are locked for a given stage. Making the ban cycle too much of an advantage for who goes first, as there would be no map pick cycle.

at the average player level, players can’t build decent team comps with an eye towards synergy now. So it’s pointless to add another layer to that with a ban. It would just be knee jerk reactions like “No widow!” etc.
crawl, walk, run. Most teams are at the walk at best stage with team comp, you don’t add in a “run” level option when they can’t even walk yet.

no the only big fix is going to be role queue and just rip the band aid off and go full 2-2-2

Just what this game needs, 2 minutes of arguing at the start of literally every single game

And if you think that these ban discussions would go smoothly, I wonder, have you met the overwatch community?

i would love this game to have a draft/ban system however it doesnt have enough heroes yet. maybe in 3-4 years if its still being fully supported.

another problem with draft system is that they would need to remove the ability to swap hero during a game. otherwise there is literally no point to have it.

bans are not voted but picked by the highest skill rated player in the team.

1 Like

Do you want a unicorn with that impossible dream?

Haha…since when was it impossible to report throwers

Oh sure, reporting them is possible.

Reports actually leading to action - that’s impossible. It takes years of reporting for the most miniscule of actions. And once in a red moon when a serious action is actually taken, the toxic individual just switches to one of their 5-10 accounts everyone has by now.

Reports are a joke.

P.S. And even then people who collect most reports about them are “one-tricks”, who actually just happen to be playing an off-meta character. Actual throwers go unpunished.

fair enough i agree the system sucks. Literally every1 who is racist/sexist/toxic etc get away with it due to it being situational but imo more people should take 10 seconds to report throwers

Yeah. The system sucks. And until we all go to Paradise where it doesn’t, I’d suggest not giving people more reasons to throw.

Changing/fixing the meta is not the only thought behind role queue.

They could also give every person a role based SR, which helps for more fair and balanced match making and everyone has more fun playing the game, as they get to play what they want.

It also takes away alot of justifications of buying alt accounts for practice and thus should reduce smurfs.

1 Like

You don’t have to flex, if you play with others building synergy to your hero.
Like me tracer main, my friend d.va main. 2. Friend is a zen main… And so on.

Like overwatch is basically designed. (check owl)
They usually play comps and hire players so theyr stars can play theyr mains. :sweat_smile:

(check season 1) goats is something else

Also hero banns would encourage private profiles, bc if you don’t know what i one trick, i have a chance 1:30 that you don’t bann my main. :sweat_smile:

Your analysis would not hold up to what an OW coach would tell you, the reason being not every character (say Tracer) is good on every map.

Pro players flex all the time, but we are also talking very high level play where both teams are so "optimized’ for maps. Watch them change out depending on the map.

Character bans have no relevance to profiles being private, and that’s due mainly to questions of your data being private, that’s all that is.

So that’s literally your only specific reason? Screwing over OTs? That’s not a good system. Also it only really works in stuff like Dota 2 which has about a hundred characters. Some characters do the same job so you won’t end up removing something integral. I’d consider Rein his own role at this point.

an example would be banning Invoker when he gets too powerful (high skill high damage and CC spells and lots of them) but there are still other casters that can take his place that just aren’t as powerful.

It takes away many people ability to play what they want as a price. Sacrificing flex players entirely. At least with ban pick it only marginally effects one tricks. Role queue and 222 obliterate flex players.

No. That is not a goal at all.

It was an acknowledgement that on occasion one tricks would have to play other hero’s.

God. One tricks are so paranoid they see malicious intent where there is none.

I’m not a OT. My profile isn’t private so you can just see that.

I did cover the other aspect of it, Overwatch doesn’t have enough characters that do the same job to allow for this and if there were, they’d get stacked. Rein is the only one who can do what he does, Orisa can’t even do it because her shield can’t move. Banning Rein removes a massive amount of power from the tanking role and nobody can replace him. Simply nobody has a way of blocking damage in a large area while still moving. That means Widow would dominate more so than she already does. The only thing I’d ban would probably be Widow.

Currently in Dota 2, Drow is the one to ban (archer that slows, silences, knocks back, and pierces armor and armor is a bigger deal in dota than Overwatch because tanks can reach upwards of 50-70% physical damage resist.) If she isn’t banned, she’s usually picked right away. There are still other ranged physical carries (physical as in regular attacks) but they aren’t broken.

The bulk of current flex play isn’t really flex play. It’s going support or tank, then staying support or tank being on one else wants to do it. Something that would not be as needed if there was already 2 of every role.

You can also flex with all the roles right now to help put out team fires and help solve team comp issues. The problem is most player just act like the fix is +1 more DPS. Where as with in a 2-2-2 player would quickly learn that D.va can help deal with Widowmaker/pharah and Hog can help keep a tracer off the back line etc.

I also highly question even the idea of all these great flex, flex, flex solve team issues, flex sort of player claims. As I don’t see it in game, did not see in early comp or later comp. Don’t see in streaming games and the bulk of the player base is gold or lower and 85% can’t get past plat, 60% can’t get past gold.
Clearly “flex” isn’t working out that great.

1 Like

Not my experience.

Flexing is a low profile but high impact role as flex players typically have the mentality of choosing hero’s to enable others play.

Which creates this perspective that the person who was enabled by the flex was carrying when in fact they had someone looking to improve their contribution through assistance.

You get to play exactly for what you queue up for.
People who flex to something different arent doing it because they actually want to, but because they feel its necessary.

That pressure is gone as you get more balanced team comps by default all with players in the roles they want to play.

Getting rid of dps players who end up playing main tank or healer because otherwise the team has none is a good thing.

1 Like