What if Bastion had Backwards bloom?

You mean the backwards bloom in recon? Why? It already starts 100% accurate and is more accurate at full auto.

So basically make him a Hyperion gun from Borderlands 2?

2 Likes

Borderlands was another game that did this with Hyperion weapons, but I kinda hated it because most of their guns had low ammo capacity, so you’d run out of ammo before you actually got accurate most of the time. But with bastion’s gun, he has so much damn ammo that he would never need to worry! I like this.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem too bad.

When I’m playing Bastion seriously, I’ve found it more of a death sentence to actually stay in sentry mode. I just swap to it to spam a choke/deny area or melt a barrier, then I’m back in Recon mode.

1 Like

Do you think adding back headshots with such a system would work? That’s 1 second to set up and 2 seconds to reach full accuracy so 3 seconds of time for a squishy to hit him if he sets up and if he’s already in sentry that’s 2 seconds.

He shoots 30 rounds per second with a damage tha goes from 4 to 15 based on the distance (35-55m), assuming doing half damage under 35 meters and other half at medium spread range we stay around 360 damage per second on a full hits. Considering tick rate and base lag you will die at the same speed of a widow headshot when fully focused. I said that because typing “This is a big bulls****t” without an explanation it would have been rude. You can find support on this idea only from bastion players, because it’s a big bullst :slight_smile:

This poll was specifically created for non Bastion players,

Guess what the top vote was out of 416 people, REDUCE SPREAD HOW ABOUT THAT?

They didn’t even want the downside of a spin up type thing it was full straight up reduce spread.

say that again.

Also you’re doing way too much guessing on all this.

2 Likes

Kinda like a less broken style of the Negev.
Freaking $2k laser beam meme gun.

But this is a cool concept.

It’s like when you get evidence against you you just start complaining about it. I don’t see your poll about people hating it, I don’t see your poll saying only Bastion players like it. The person that created the post with those polls isn’t even a Bastion main: 📈 Bastion Poll Thread: How do you, the average non-Bastion player, want to buff Bastion?
The player is a flex dps with equal time on Junkrat Phara and Bastion. For some reason this persons account got delinked but it’s pretty easy to find their account anyways: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/pc/PharahHǝntoi-1991

1 Like

This is the poll for Bastion mains:
https://www.strawpoll.me/15610417/r
It has the same top 2 results with 246 votes.

1 Like

I don’t wanna be bad man, really, but a pharah, bastione junkrat player is not really reliable to pool something. Anyway trust me, if your idea will be real, bastion will decimate an entire team walking in an hallway with last 150 shot in under 3.5 second. Bastion is already good and in my opinion his damage in recon mode is too high considering that now he can self heal while moving.

Why isn’t that reliable? I could claim equally that a Phara Zarya Roadhog player isn’t reliable and there is still no evidence backing any of that up and yet you’d have to believe me if you expect me to believe you on that.

That’s a lot of guessing you’re doing right there, I’m certainly not trusting you on that. Made up figures and guesswork isn’t as reliable as an actual poll with hundreds of people voting.

one person and unreliable stats vs hundreds of people.

1 Like

Ok roll back to the start. Why do you think that a buff like your proposal it’s needed by a bastion?

He is picked less than 1% of the time and that’s already a problem and the majority of people here think it’s a good idea and looking at that poll even more people think straight up buffing the spread without a downside like I’m suggesting and his main problem is immobility and his horrendous spread. Currently he’s immobile and in the very center of a fight, that’s the worst place a stationary hero could me. Being immobile but 5-10 meters out of a fight without sucking completely is the best place for a stationary hero. It takes longer to get more accurate so he’s not going to, as all of your guesswork and unbacked statistics you made up say, kill everybody with only 150 ammo. If you did the math at 30 rounds per second and 2 seconds for full accuracy he would really only have 90 ammo to spend in a fight like that so he could fire for 3 seconds at full accuracy. There are plenty of ways of blocking and dodging his damage, use it. He is also supposed to be the guy that melts you, that’s why he has such high DPS. Don’t complain when you die to it faster than other DPS because that’s his whole point.

If you read the OP you’d know that.

1 Like

If a pharah Junkrat player,2 heros who COUNTER bastion in most cases is saying he needs a buff… that’s definetly saying something! If someone wants a hero they countered buffed!? You’d have to be a fool not to consider thier arguement!

P.S. This is AeroCrypt you might recognize me Terrangard as I heart alot of your posts

2 Likes

Well if you want it for Sentry mode, it needs to be fair to how much time it would take for the reverse bloom to kick in. Maybe when 50 or 75 bullets already fired?

I’m sorry for my minor amount of salt but did you read the OP? It covers that. It takes 2 seconds of continuous fire to reach max spread reduction. That means you have to consume 60 bullets continuously without a break to hit the max reduction.

If you stop firing it returns to full spread over 1 second.

2 Likes

I see that now, but I’m still worried if this isn’t long enough for the reverse bloom to happen, if Bastion only takes 2 seconds to have the reverse bloom for around 8 seconds if the’re camping at a certain point.

He’s literally built to camp. I see no issue with this. Also in a fast paced game 2 seconds is plenty of time to kill Bastion.

2 Likes

Fair enough, other than that being my only concern, I’m all for buffing Bastion to be less of a niche.

2 Likes