What if Bastion had a temp shield like Hammond?

No, I’m talking about the fact that people think he shouldn’t do the most damage. What’s the point then? He’s supposed to basically be damage.

1 Like

I’m being charitable and assuming they mean meaningful damage and not raw numbers.

Well the biggest issue basically all Bastion mains and quite a lot of people have with him right now is that his spread is too high. He has the highest dps but the crappiest actual dps in any expected range (20+ meters is where people will be fighting you unless they’re specifically close up heroes)

I personally want the old shield as a e ability (nerfed by 400 health), so you can enable and disable it anytime with the removal of ironclad. Also make it so the sheild doesn’t work when other sheilds are near by (teammate) to prevent stacking.

That’s a dumb rule to have though. What if your Orisa just sucks and put it next to but didn’t cover you? Now you can’t use your own shield but get no protection from hers.

Why not prevent him from shooting while using the shield to prevent shield stacking?

Imma reply to you both at the same time.
Make is so a sheild has to be infront of you for it to br disabled. Also make it so you can shoot with the personal sheild (assuming it is enabled and no sheilds are in front). I just want the shield back to make him less team reliant.

Because that ruins the entire point of the idea.

I would never ever want the stupid disable because Orisa type thing. People just need to deal with it instead of introducing dumb rules that don’t apply to anything but that. Why can Rein use his barrier next to Orisa but not Bastion? Stuff like that. I hate rules that aren’t consistent.

If it’s on E, then the point is to protect from very threatening single damage sources like Storm Arrows, Hook, Self destruct

No the point was to give you the edge in a fight now just delay your death.

More like Bastion can’t use his sheild in with a rein or orisa. If he still needs it he could always be buffed.

I mean if they want to do that, I think a permanent one would be more balanced so that he can’t just sit there and regen his shield…

If you can eat 3-4 storm arrows or stop a hook, that’s not delaying your death, that’s giving you a chance to kill the Hanzo/Hog

Or it’ll be like a healing trap where you just get to sit there and stare at Hanzo while he shoots anyways with his infinity arrows. Even regular arrows hard counter Bastion.

It’s better to start a little strong and nerf than it is to start weak and buff… if you start weak, then you have to buff, see if that’s good, if so, try another buff, see if that’s good, if not, nerf… it gets tedious pretty quick.

As long as they don’t knee jerk nerf him like last time anyway

I can neither confirm nor deny that I wish Bastion would become meta :joy:

How about no? We’ve already seen what a Bastion with a shield can do.

This one would be much weaker, and the only reason that got nerfed was because people complained about it instead of learning to counter it… Bastion couldn’t turn around when he had a shield, so getting behind him was basically a free kill, just no one wanted to actually do it, so they complained instead…

I don’t think giving his shield back would be the best way to balance him, but it’s not like he was completely broken before…

I would much rather just get rid of Ironclad, and give revert pretty much everything in Sentry mode. Keep the Recon changes, keep the Self-repair changes, keep the transformation times, revert the spread, revert the headshots, revert the ammo increase, give Tank mode it’s armor back.

Lol

This is about as bad as telling people “JUST CLICK ON HER HEAD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL”. That’s not the only reason it was nerfed. It was nerfed because it was broken as hell. You can’t just tell your team “just get behind him ez” when he’s blasting at your entire team from behind a shield. Come on, man.

Sure, you could try to send Genji or Tracer after him, but all they’d have to do is run McCree to protect the back line and let Bastion do his thing. It’s not that nobody wanted to do it, it’s that they just couldn’t. If things were as simple as you claim, we wouldn’t have even had to remove it in the first place.

The simple fact that Bastion couldn’t actually turn around when he had the shield up, giving him a huge vulnerability, yet people were still unable to take advantage of that weakness, pretty much tells you everything you need to know about why that shield was broken.

Yes, yes he was and pretty much everyone under the sun acknowledges that he was except for you, lol. Nobody sat around thinking to themselves, “Hey, Bastion with a shield is a balanced hero. This isn’t problematic at all for the game. This feels great!”

That just more or less makes him an independent killing machine when we certainly don’t want that. The moment Bastion is given enough freedom to move around on his own and act without his team, and get free kills, well… That’s when we’ll have Omnic Crisis 3.0 on our hands. Bastion is supposed to work with his team and I’m fine with that, but I sure as hell don’t want him to be able to do everything you just said since it would make him near unstoppable.

It’s just entirely too much firepower/damage and sustain for one DPS hero to have.

So kill the McCree… Use a Widow to kill him. If you’re considering teammates, then the enemy team has them too.

I’ve seen a lot of people wanting his shield back… not just Bastion mains, and definitely not just me.

That’s because everyone hates Bastion always, no matter what he has. He could do 3 damage per bullet, and people would still complain that he’s OP

So you want to fight bunker comps always? What happened to “Bastion behind a shield is OP”? If he’s not independent, then he’ll only work with a Rein/Orisa, which is what we’re trying to avoid.

You mean kinda like he did when the game launched? And he was still a throw pick?

Yes, he should need his team to win, he shouldn’t be able to solo carry (or if he can, it’s because the player is very good). Current Bastion isn’t even good with his team though.

Hanzo and Reaper have higher potential DPS than Bastion right now, especially once you include Bastion’s spread. Bastion has one of the worst DPS in the game right now (for a damage class hero) when you consider his spread. Here’s some numbers if you’re curious