What i like about new brig the most

Honestly, she offers better sustain for her entire team, at the sacrifice of self-sustain.

On live, I can play a very reckless Brig, because her kit was designed exactly for that. She is no longer a bruiser, but an actual support. That was the trade off. We have stronger heals for the team, but at a cost of self sustain.

1 Like

I speak for myself, but that’s the part I actually like about her. She’s not a squishy support in the backline. She’s Reinhardt’s squire, and it should show.

I don’t think she has damage to trade off. It’s 58 DPS, plus Whip Shot.

She certainly does not provides anything. Try any other support where you played her in the same group composition you will perform better. healing you provide will be more instant and more gratifying. You would not need to put yourself into any unnecessary risk as any other support to heal as well. In the meantime you will also provide utility.

Not the mention both the character description and her tool kit was, is and will be a brawler support kit. The stronger heal you assume that will worth something, will be quickly realized false positive thinking because at the end of the day what matters is effective healing and in live server where she also have issues with the 2-2-2 group composition, i can actually provide more sustained healing in a much more reliable manner and it is instantly gratifying. I can do all those things all the while being in the frontlines.

Focusing on anyone is always the right choice, but who your team focuses can often mean the difference between walking back from spawn or stabilizing.

We disagree that you think Brig should take priority focus.

I am saying Brig’s shield is unique. The mechanics makes it very easy to avoid breaking, unlike all the other shields.

You haven’t addressed everything I write. I really can’t continue discussing with you, if you insist on replying to only one part.

And I can only reply to one thing. Blizzard can, and will, choose to change heroes kits to suit the needs of balance.

And considering 2/2/2 is enforced, the drastic changes to Brig were necessary. 2/2/2 disrupted the balance, and now we need to do some changes. I am not sure how they chose Brig, maybe because of part of the community’s scorn, but she was chosen to have the biggest changes, both nerfs and buffs.

They did a few number tweaks with several heroes, but Brig was by far the biggest changes.

Let’s look at the changes to Brig. On release, she was OPAF. No denying it, she stopped the majority of the cast. And she was a brawler. But after many nerfs, they cut back on a lot of her power. She slowly became less and less of a brawler, but still very capable of 1v1.

can you imagine the destruction Brig 1.0 would bring to role lock? Just stack cc with dps and you have more OPAF. Anyways.

So now they took the balance meter on Brig and made her not a brawler, unless in a deathball.

I trust Blizzard is looking at the numbers. They won’t stay the same. It might take a patch or 2 though. I am not confident in the speed they take. I really wish they would just buff shields to 300 already.

I choose not the reply because i simply disagree with you. Changing a heroes kit for balance sake of course lets do that. But do not come to discuss with me that this half baked rework is something to look forward to. I also answered every question that you asked. She is still the worst healer ever. She still lacks utility and her only uniqueness which is stalling and atriction warfare is taken away from her and replaced with nothing. You might like passive supports like mercy afk playstyles but they bore me to death. While brigitte allowed many of us to be active dictate the battle itself and be in the frontlines now that is fun. I hope i made myself clear enough.

Brig PTR is not passive. Are you kidding me?

How is she passive? She has to manage a 200 hp shield; track repair pack cooldown/usage; land whipshot (a lot easier); and keep moving.

She is least passive. I am getting focused down all the time, and sometimes I survive. I usually rely on Zarya’s bubble though.

But I have never argued about being a worse healer. I am, however, performing better than you with brig PTR. Your healing is 6.8k heal/10. So far, mine is 8055 heal/10. My insipre uptime is 35%.

Play her in PTR, and only her, and you will see the nuance she can offer. Don’t underestimate Whipshot and repair pack changes. They are huge. Enough, i’d say, to justify the 50% self heal and 200 shield. I really think 300 is good enough to at least test.

Getting focused and being pro active is 2 different things.

a) She is not dictating the fight anymore. When people see brigitte they will just shoot her because they now that she is just another support with no mobility and utility that likes live in the backside of the tanks.

b) you do the same thing live version as well mind you with a less knockback on the whipshot with more cooldown on it.

c) Because you are used to the play style of passive playing style not dictating the battlefield. And i am used to playing in frontlines managing cooldowns there be in the thick of things constant pushing. It is not a matter of who is a better Brig here but a matter of who is playing towards her tool kit. Given ptr brig is a shameful display what live brig offers but hey.

I do not underestimate anything i am just denying the fact that this is considered as a rework and not a complete bonkers of a decision.

Anyway i am tired and hungry. You guys go ahead discuss. It is clear that we are going to agree to disagree. It is not like me busting my backside here to show that is a flawed thinking on top of a flawed design that layed on foundation of overzealous nerfs for the past 9 months will change anything.

So far from what I’ve seen; the devs release an overtuned hero and then they quickly get knocked down a few pegs (Mercy) or they end up not making much of a difference in their pick or win rates (Hanzo).

Now when they release an undertuned hero that still needs work like Symmetra, we only get adjustments once a year with no clear dialogue of what the plan for that character is – or in Bastion’s case, no updates since 1995.

I would always prefer overtuned because…

• It is depressing having characters and resources in this game that you feel reluctant to use. Heroes should feel fun and have liberal amounts of utility (WB grapple is endless, Lucio’s wall ride being buffed to be infinite, Pharah being buffed to not have to touch the ground as much, etc – these were all changes the devs made to give these characters their own flow and life)
  • The pros will begin to use them making their effect and imbalance more noticeable (Moth Mercy or Mercy holding Mass Resurrect in OWL). The devs can’t watch replays of our games so the easiest way is to show them by posting clips on youtube or better yet, streaming in front of thousands.

The only downside is, like with Hanzo, you start to enjoy the changes and then they take them away. In the name of balance though, shaving power down when you have a better idea of the character’s role is fine. Sadly and opposite to that, this Symmetra nerf sounds wild, especially if this will be her change this year. :slight_smile:

There already was a huge difference between good and bad Brigitte players. The nerfs are absurd and completely destroyed the character’s identity. She needs a 500 HP shield to even be able to function with how she was built. Brig needs more aggressive positioning, for which she needs to be able to cover her approach and retreat, and part of her utility is the ability to peel for allies.

Even on live, Brig is the least survivable support. Only bad players think she’s brainless W + M1, or lose to that. With the amount of stuff you have to do with Brig just to survive a duel with any DPS or tank, let alone possibly win, and cover your allies, she’s a lot higher skill than most players give her credit for. The problem is that bad players try to duel her in a hallway at half health, or dive alone into the backline, then blame Brig for their own mistakes.

The character doesn’t deserve this garbage patch and hopefully they realize their mistake.

Low CD stun, low CD ranged boop, the only source of long-lasting temporary health in the game and ability to block things like Earthshatter and Self-destruct is hardly “no utility”.

Does she still counter dive or did they give up on that? One of the problems with the dive meta was that back then EVERY dive hero countered EVERY support hero.

So if the enemy team decides to go dive what two heroes are we supports supposed to swap off to; or are we going to go back to the days where dive simply shuts down healing?

Ability block things like earthshatter and self destruct can be achieved by any shield deployment and there some other shield users with much better shield hp on those but that’s not the point. Temporary long lasting health yeah you might be right on that part if the armor potency was not nerfed and ultimate itself even the armor part can be blocked by every barrier. There are other ranged boops in the game that can affect and area. But it was my fault to not disclose whatever she provides in the game now, there is another character that can provide the same effect some even does not even require to be in harm’s way.

So let me re-ask properly this time.

Why would anyone choose Brigitte as a second support when you are aware the sources of those mobility canceling utilities can be achieved through other heroes in the roster. All the while you can have 2 solid supports with damage amping utilities.

my live inspire is about 45%~ my ptr is about 30%~
new brig = boring, no outplays, no nothing.
a mccree can just walk up to you and right click twice and it’s over, don’t even need to flash anymore that was a skill match up as you could flip your shield towards the flash atleast.

Are you talking about unique utility instead of just utility? Just because other heroes can provide similar benefits, does not mean utility of this particular hero is nil.

There are no other support than can provide 2 kinds of semi-spammable CC and have a shield that can block most attacks in the game and some otherwise lethal ults. There is no other support with 450 effective health (500 against some heroes like D.Va or Tracer). There is no other support that can simultaneously burst heal several spread-out teammates.

You pick Brigitte for CC, durability and reactionary burst healing. You pick Brigitte to boop and stun enemy dive tanks and flankers and to throw Repair Packs into dived targets.

She might not have enough defense to sustain herself on frontline but she remains the most durable backliner in the game. What other healer can tank 4 Pharah rockets (Junkrat mines, Widow/Hanzo bodyshots) and survive?

We don’t know if she is too weak now or not. I vividly remember how everyone was claiming “Mercy is dead” when her rework was on PTR and after every tiny nerf thereafter. Let’s wait and see. If she is too weak, she will get buffs later on.

I am talking about unique utility

There will be less blocking in ptr 200 shield size means two shots from afar.
There is no burst heal with the armor packs unless off course you are talking about stacking all 3 charges on the same target.

She can tank 3 rockets the 4 one will kill her.

Man i hope you right and i hope the god i am wrong. But i need say one thing she is not a backline healer. She is a guardian in the frontlines. Unless her kit is completely re looked and given the necessary tools to heal in the backline and be the main healer’s guardian, the kit will not work in the long term.

Waiting and seeing is what got us here in the first place. I was one of the few who have seen what she might become outside of the context of the 2-2-2. And here we are.

And can you please make me understand. If all the nerfs that are done to her in the past nine months to make her less overbearing in freeforall composition outside of the forced role que. Aren’t the nerfs that are done to her become overbearing on the character because now even for the Brig 1.0 has to heal do not have the freedom to pose as a sudo dps in an god awful goat comp.

Utility is still utility. Moira literally offers no utility.

I too hope Brigitte will be useful. The healer category is not broad enough and losing even a semi-viable choice would be a big hit. At least now she is getting more defined role (healer) instead of doing everything and warping whole metas around her.

If she is too weak, she will eventually get something. Just like Ana or Mercy got some buffs after being considered too bad post-nerfs.

Just to correct it, shield will eat 2 rockets full. Extra damage to not spill, 1 point of shield can consume 1000 damage from D.Va bomb. After 2 more rockets she will have 8 HP left assuming direct hits.

1 Like

Yeah in an isolated area that is correct

Yeah that part scares me. When. Or even at all. Look at bastion - torb - symmetra - pharah they are supposed to be played and yet they branded as niche. Which brings me another issue which is using the term niche to cover up none functioning heroes in this game.

if they’re 20m away? Nope, none of those things will help really except the shield for about 1.5 seconds probably.

what if her whipshot detached and worked like firestrike (except not going through barriers) ?