What i like about new brig the most

Meh Moira isn’t good.

Lets not confuse “offers less value” with “harder to get value out off”.

Brig skill gap still exactly the same, it’s just the value you get from it has decreased.

1 Like

Considering the nerfs can’t seem to stop, yes, it is harder to consider the possibility of buffs.

When buffs come they are likely be placebo BS. Actually buff her, decrease Rally ult charge, increase shield to 500, then we can see both possibilities.

I can sort of answer that question.

Hi, Brig main since release. Yes, yes, she was super OP on release. I had fun with her.

On live during all competitive, I had 6845 heals/10. So far in ptr I have 8022 heals/10.

Rally ult charge is bad, but not game-changing. Rally is a good sustain ultimate, but horrible at saving the team from getting wiped.

But 500 shield, I have to say no. I am a brig main and I enjoy having my shield at 200. I want it buffed, don’t get me wrong, but not to 500. I think 300 is reasonable.

2 Likes

Her multi-hot playstyle is interesting. A couple games in, and I feel like she could probably use more/faster armor packs.

If anything, it’ll probably be harder to tell the difference between brig skills, as the bulk of her value comes from repair packs, and because it’s not instant, you really might not realize it’s the Brig healing you and not one of the other healers when you’re busy during a fight.

Timing clutch armor packs before was extremely impactful, and as a player, you could tell when you were about to die. Now, it takes 2 seconds, so you’re dead in that same instance.

And lastly, Brig being out of position is just as bad on live right now as it is on the PTR, both get melted, so it’s not like it’s an improvement really.

not the point either. i dont care if an oblivious teammate doesnt notice that im the one saving him.

slower heal over time means you have to think ahead moire strategically instead of just spamming it on the lowest teammate on cooldown.

having 3 means you can choose between healing one teammate longer, or 3 teammates at the same time.

the whipshot now being “easier” means it has become actually reliable, instead of a spam and pray move.

lower shield health means you have to actually position yourself smarter, instead of just casually tanking the frontline with no care.

the only change that just plain made her weaker is the ult charge nerf. that didnt really change anything for her approach in general, just made her ult less frequent.

I’m not finding much benefit in the compromise to be honest. Brig lost Rally charge, self heal, burst heal and can no longer be used as third support or with three tanks. 500 should be a bare minimum for her shield.

That’s fine, and she did get a huge nerf. 200 shield feels like a bad change. In my games, it breaks a lot. Sometimes I survive because of teammates, oftentimes I get deleted.

But 500 shield is too much.

On live, I can prevent my shield from breaking very easily. I can play many games where it doesn’t break at all, but that’s very comp dependant. Brig’s shield needs to have some counterplay, and putting it below 500 would add that layer of balance.

For Brig to be an effective main healer, they need to buff her self-heal. Furthermore, they need to ditch the flail. Melee with no mobility and no range outside of whipshot is unsuited to being a main healer.

1 Like

And a shield, stun, boop, and self healing that can be done under fire but hey, it’s not like those things help survivability…

I could maybe see the point for live Brig, not PTR.

300-400 ain’t gonna cut it.

…how?

…where?

…I think that’s kind of already the case… So. .where?

…where?

…where?

Shield Counterplay 101: Focus Fire.
Coordinate your attacks with a teammate to break a shield quickly. This is how you break Rein’s Shield, Orisa’s Shield and Brig’s shield.

here’s lots of Brig chatter around these parts. I’m wondering how she’s actually performing compared to other healers on the PTR. I have 40-60 minutes on the PTR for Moira, Brig, Zen, and Baptiste. I only have ~30 minutes on Lucio, but I threw him in anyway (I play a lot of Lucio, so it’s probably close enough).

That’s a small sample size, but it’s going to have to be good enough… There’s only so many games I can throw by picking Brig before I fall into despair. :slight_smile:

Here’s where I’m at in the Role Queue Beta mode:

Healer Damage/10min Healing/10min Deaths/Game Blocked/10min Inspire Uptime
Moira 4.3K 10.2K 6.4 - -
Bappy 4.6K 7.3K 7.1 - -
Lucio 4.4K 8.8K 6.6 - -
Zen 6.2K 5.6K 6.0 - -
Brig 2.2K 6.8K 8.3 2.0K 17%

Brig’s stats look pretty bad for me. I’m a trash Baptiste, and he’s outperforming her pretty much across the board. Lucio just wrecks her in the off-healer role. And both have more utility, which isn’t factored in here, except for Brig’s Damage Blocked stat.

The Moira buff didn’t really seem to change much for me. It’s certainly nice, but the impact seems minor.

How about you? I’ve seen a lot of Mercy and Ana on the PTR, but I haven’t played them. Skill obviously has a big impact on these stats, so I’m really just interested in comparing stats within players for those who have played both Brig and another healer on the PTR. And maybe someone who can actually hit things with Baptiste…

Edit: Format. Added Zen. From another post show some love to the creator.

So if we please stop assuming whipshoting from the backline to proc inspire is a good idea. I would be so happy. Or the fact that recent changes are anything related to skill floor or ceiling.

But brig’s shield is much smaller than Orisa and Rein shield, making it harder to focus.

on live my shield rarely breaks, which is ok because Brig needs that meaty shield. She can’t really do anything else.

But on PTR, I need to be careful with shields. I just can’t hold it up, even if I keep moving. I like the complexity of being forced to manage shield as a resource.

Let’s be real. Current brig doesn’t have to worry about shield breaking very much. With shield spamming, constant moving, and decent positioning, it’s not hard to make sure shield never breaks. Putting it at 200 hp makes shields an actual resource, something that players need to worry about.

I would be okay with it, if the previous patch, did not reduced the both barriers and armors potency. I would be also okay with it if it was dropped to 300. I would be also okay with it if the self healing from inspire did not cut in half. I would be also okay with it if they did not bastardized the armor pack where a tracer with the widest spread there is can out damage 3 charges of armor packs from another continent. I would be okay with it if they increased the shield bash damage to 10 or 15. I would be okay with it if they did not increased cost of the already terrible support ultimate by 22%. I would be okay with it if the idea reworking her as a backline defender if they actually given her necessary tools for her to be effective. Again i would be okay with it if they actually did not stripped her down and passyfy her into nothingness taking the ability to dictate the battle and the longevity of the engagement. Long story short i would be okay with it.

A shield’s a shield. It doesn’t matter the size so long as you coordinate your attacks. What you fail to see is how Brig’s shield is what allows her to be a brawler. With no mobility, her shield needs to soak up damage long enough for her to get close to the enemy. Your shield shouldn’t break, under ideal circumstances. You don’t want it to break. If your shield breaks, your lifeline is gone.

Like I said in my previous post, coordinating your attacks with a teammate to bring down a barrier is the counterplay to a shield. Another counterplay to Brig/Rein Shield is Sombra. Hack leaves them vulnerable.

Look, with respect. Let’s say there are two cars.
Both are hard to get value out of.
One is able to reach high speeds, it’s safer, it’s more reliable, but it has manual transmission which for many is hard or alien even so it’s hard to get value out of without the proper skills.

The other one is crashed into a bridge pillar at the bottom of a river. It’s also very hard to get value out of, not because it’s hard to drive but because its engine is hanging out of its back window and the whole thing is underwater.

Higher skill floor and being hard to get value out of do not necessarily mean the same thing.

A higher skill floor means that you need more skill to operate the hero at an entry level, but at that point you actually get value out of it.

I think Brigitte is in a state at which it is much much harder to operate her but the value you get out of playing her is much lower.

Like they said.

Let me illustrate it like this.

Take away Widowmaker’s sniper rifle and give her one (1) metric banana as a weapon instead.

Will she be hard to get value out of?
Yes.
She won’t be able to do what she’s supposed to do and the players playing her will be scratching their heads wondering what to do with her now.

Will this raise her skill floor?
Well uh, it’s not necessarily applicable.

Just my opinion though! Subjective, admittedly!

Wanna increase the shield size, I’m all ears.

But it needs to be 500.

1 Like