What i like about new brig the most

No matter if this rework ends up making her a strong or weak hero right now, there is one thing that it absolutely succeeded in, and that everybody wanted to see for brig:

it raised her skill floor massively.
there is now a much smaller margin of error for her players. it will be much easier to distinguish a good brig from a bad brig.
her kit has gotten much more nuance, triage, and requires a lot more thought and care to play.

i applaud that, no matter if she is UP or not right now.

41 Likes

It doesn’t really raise her skill floor. It just makes her hard to get value out of when she’s actually really weak right now. It’s best not to mistake “underpowered” with “high skill floor”. If they continue to focus on her and adjust her now heal-centered direction, it’ll definitely be a valuable higher skill-floor.

59 Likes

Yeah lets delete a hero to see whos great with her -_- great logic there.

7 Likes

you guys are grandiously missing the point :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I understand what you’re trying to say, but right now she is too weak, and that’s why it feels like her skill floor is higher.

15 Likes

Cripplingly-punishing gameplay does not make a good hero. Obviously there’s some tuning required.

18 Likes

Agreed also I like how the next poster says “It makes her hard to get value out of” which is what a higher skill floor is.

1 Like

I think managing Repair Packs and surviving without off-tank level durability give Brig a legitimate skillfloor now. She reminds me a lot of Mercy.

7 Likes

I mean ya if we reduced genjis damage to 1 dps his skill floor would be raised, but it wouldn’t be a good change.

30 Likes

A very immobile Mercy with a huge hitbox and a melee weapon instead of a pistol?

6 Likes

The problem is Brig doesn’t have an identity. Brig is supposed to play like a brawler, but she doesn’t have the endurance to do that anymore. She could play as a dive hero deterrent (Tracer, Genji) but now with her diminished shield and self healing, those heroes can now farm her and kill her pretty easily. If there going to go the rout of protector for buffs, then they have to give her more damage to stave off would be attackers against the back line. If they want Brig to be a healer, well than they’re going to have to make her a full on main healer and buff her healing significantly.

6 Likes

They need to see how this works and her effectiveness in ranked. I think making her squishier is really good, but I wouldnt them to have her be UP. I feel like she is kind of cancerous at low elo but i dont think her winrate there is absurd so its a feels thing

Yes, she went from 1 star to 2… a 100% increase.

Basic, team oriented support that’s light on the aim and has a fantasy theme. Like yeah, she could use faster shield regen or something, but Brig’s not that far off from where she should be anymore.

1 Like

no it made her dumber, she can’t find opportunities to assert herself like a lucio can, she isn’t threatening, she’s a boop bot now to only push people and keep people at a distance at all times.

that’s just playing brig super defensively which isn’t hard.

look i want you to go into practice range and test every healers weapons and look how fast they can kill other characters without being close, now test brig out and see how fast she can kill things without being close, and then test how fast she kills being close.

she’s the most least threatening support at this point.

a mercy is more threatening than a brig from all ranges. that’s how messed up this is.

8 Likes

I never liked that she was basically abused in lower ranks, but we all know this was too much. Just depends how they want to go with it. I don’t think she should be a brawler at all, but I think whipshot’s hitbox getting a size increase would help, maybe +50 more to her shield, remove the movement penalty from her shield, shrink her model and hitbox a little bit. Something around that level of change would probably be enough.

I think her durability is too low, though. Repair packs is basically the biggest thing that’ll raise her skill floor. Otherwise, the intention is to reward her for getting in close…but she has few tools to do that, even for a quick smack with flail.

Like I said, I think the direction is really good. And it’ll definitely overall raise it. Just, right now, it’s hard to tell when she’s actually really weak.

1 Like

Yeah, like I think we are at the point where the devs still need to adjust Brigitte’s balance of tankiness and support power, but I think the overall rework is a success.

Brigitte now has a 60 healing per second system that justifies her as an off, or even main healer depending on her co-support, and Inspire kicks in during a brawl as a secondary healing source, but now its really dangerous for Brig to brawl, probably too dangerous. Still, I think players are kinda too focused on the 100 shield hp Brig 2.0 might be missing to be and are missing the point of the rework, adjusting Brig for 2/2/2.

1 Like

the problem they created was pretty much that they removed shieldbash deadliness and her combo to kill anything in a reasonable time and kept pushing her to this main healing spot that she can’t do because how unreliable it is instead of nerfing her self-heal and her healing capabilities and letting herself be a bit of a threat by her own like a lucio or zenyatta with some passive healing on the side with some utility.

4 Likes

That’s fair, but I do think that Repair Pack takes genuine skill to micromanage now alongside the rest of Brig’s kit and that even when Brig gets the durability she needs, she will still be a respectable hero.

My Bro mains Brig, and he’s proud of how good he is at close combat. He says that if ptr Brig could block one more burst round with her shield before it broke, he could use it to push in again by managing it well.