What do I report DPS Moiras as?

As I have explained several times already, there is a big difference between “playing poorly” but still at least trying to heal your team when you can, and actively choosing not to even attempt to heal low health teammates right in front of you.

That wilful decision not to heal them IS the act of intentional sabotage, because there was literally no benefit to not healing them but you chose not to anyway.

The rules of reporting have not been changed since the horrendously bad (imo) release of Forced Queue

What actually matters is understanding what gameplay sabotage is and is not, so that one does not submit false reports and ergo not only break the rules but also help action innocent players

In this scenario, unless it can be established that the Moira intends to lose the match, such a report is a false report

When a blizzard employee says this, I’ll consider it factual. Until then, you don’t seem to understand that you aren’t the source of authority on this and you claiming it to be a false report does not make it so.

The intent that must be established in order to meet the definition of gameplay sabotsge is the intent to lose.

Merely not healing isnt establishing intent to lose

Clarification: I am making no claims of my own

Blizzards written rules are in place, and thats what i attempt to convey

Blizzard’s rules define gameplay sabotage. By that definition, you can subjectively conclude that it is or is not gameplay sabotage. Blizzard’s rules do not define a standard of accuracy for player reports, nor are you expected to be a lawyer to simply use a feature of the game.

Player based reporting systems, much like police tip lines, are designed by software developers with the knowledge that they will not have 100% accuracy. That is why the aggregation of numerous reports is used, and there is further a review step and a dispute process.

Everyone will be reported at some point, whether they earned it or are simply incurring the malice or incompetence of others’ reports. The system requires a large threshold of reports, to ensure that anyone being acted on his disrupted a large number of players’ games.

If enough people find that the player is worth reporting, I’m sorry that you feel it’s not a valid reason, but they are obviously having a significant negative impact to the game in general. Let’s say it’s 100 reports, if you have teams of 6 and half of the team reports the moira, that means ~166 of their teammates have suffered due to their playstyle by the time they are sanctioned. Further, ~200 of their opponents have been given undue SR. If you can’t see how this is has a greater impact than that player’s personal ability to play uniquely, then you are surely a lost cause.

1 Like

This isn’t a reportable “offense”. Having a Moira more focused on dealing damage than healing is infuriating, yes, but you can’t report someone for it.

1 Like

I can, and I will…

1 Like

Choosing to report someone when they have not broken a rule, for example playing in a way one that you ( not you specifically, anyone rather) dislike, is false reporting, which is breaking the rules of the game

Arguing that the syatem isnt 100 percent accurate or the one report is not itself significant does not bear on whether one has chosen to break the rules of the game…one has done so regardless by submitting a false report, and is then liable for actioning on that basis as has occurred for many players who have submitted false reports

Such a report is a false report, making the submitter of said false report a rulebreaker and due for actioning

2 Likes

Yeah. As if anything gets done on PS4 anyway.

If a three stack of throwers with “throw” in their names doesn’t get actioned, don’t think anything will tbh.

And as I have already said, someone not playing the game your way is not evidence of intent to lose.

good morning :slight_smile: you still here doing this dorking :slight_smile:

1 Like

The OP is correct. Sounds like you didn’t read what they said. This role queue is about people picking heals yet dpsing instead. Hence why you usually get 2 of Moria, Zen and Ana. I have been reporting lots of Ana’s lately as they are mostly dpsing. I was sitting at 30 health and around there multiple times in a match and was right by Ana and nothing. I even had an Ana chase an enemy to try and kill them but they died.

I really hope they do something about this. If you need to play dps that bad then queue as dps.

3 Likes

Actually you are a troll. It is gameplay sabotage queuing as a healer yet not healing and focusing on dps.

3 Likes

he is 100% troll. look his activity. he enters alot of posts random dorking and irritating people because he is mad 2-2-2 has come.

1 Like

A few nights ago, I body blocked an Ana’s line of vision while she was shooting at the enemy and I was at low health to try to get heals. She unscoped and moved around me.

It’s a lot harder to eyeball a dps Ana vs someone who just got tunnel vision, though. The moiras are usually visibly out of position to DPS.

2 Likes

No, it is evidence of disrupting their team by refusing to do their primary responsibility.

Let’s read that quote you originally posted again shall we:

See the words I put in bold?

It’s not a matter of “playing the game [my] way” or not, if you are playing a hero who’s primary purpose is healing and you actively refuse to heal AT ALL, that isn’t just playing the game a way I don’t like, that is deliberately choosing to screw over your team for no reason, which is obviously sabotage by any reasonable understanding of the word, whether Blizzard explicitly spelled it out like that or not.

Yeah I figured as much, I’m just not even gonna bother responding to them anymore as they clearly have no interested in applying basic common sense to the situation.

Just because something isn’t explicitly spelled out, doesn’t mean that Blizzard won’t make a case-by-case decision based on the actual evidence if a DPS Moira is getting reported over and over again for not even trying to heal, and certainly they would never take punitive measures against the people who made those reports in good faith.

1 Like