What do I report DPS Moiras as?

Is it Sabotage or Cheating? Both definitions can fit, depending on how they are read.

Also, please note that I have 40+hrs on Moira, and she’s currently my primary healer. I shouldn’t have to specify for people to not assume the worst, but I fully understand that she needs to carefully manage her healing resources, and that her alternate fire is the most efficient way to recover them. This post wasn’t inspired by a Moira who did any significant healing to anyone on our team.

Edit/Update: Guess this is a pretty hot button topic. This thread isn’t about the state of Moira, the Role Queue system, how you feel about it, how to interpret how Moira should be played, her kit, her place in the meta, or anything related to those topics. This thread is simply about if you have a Moira in your competitive game who you notice is playing the hero to primarily DPS instead of perform required healing necessary for your team, and if you intend to report her, what you report her as, and why.

Blizzard report relevant definitions:
Cheating is: …engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage.
Sabotage is: Actively harassing or disrupting your own team through the use of game mechanics or player actions… …or intentionally allowing yourself to be eliminated by the team

8 Likes

Gameplay sabotage probably but please try be absolutely certain before making such reports. No offense to ninety percent of the player base but Supports could heal you with sledgehammers and you’d probably be oblivious.

43 Likes

What do I report someone who is at the same rank as me but think they are better than me?

• Arrogant?
    OR
  • Just as bad but doesn’t know it?

You are at the same rank for a reason, look at your own play before looking at that of your peers.

17 Likes

Moira has to do damge to refill her resources, ie a Moira who does no damage is a far less effective healer

A moira doing damage is neither cheating nor game sabotage

22 Likes

A moira claiming we need a main healer because they’re focusing on damage then proceeding to be outhealed by zen on the other hand, is game sabotage.

23 Likes

There was 0 healing orbs sent out, dude. Other people on my team attested they were running around holding right click, because I outwardly said I wasn’t tracking what their gameplay was doing (though I’m happy to go rewatch and verify). This person asked ‘What’s silver damage?’ in team chat.

I also play Moira.

Please don’t assume I’m sending false reports or flame me when I come here asking what the proper report category is. Nice try projecting that ‘holier than thou’ BS.

4 Likes

Unless it can be proven that it is said Moira’s intent to lose the game, the scenario described above is not game sabotage, and ergo isnt reportable

7 Likes

Maybe by the letter of the rule, but the truth is they’re a hinderance to everyone they’re playing with and letting the autobanner figure it out is fine by me.

Reporting a player in the scenario described is breaking the rules of the game, rules each player agreed to when installing the game. Such rulebreakers are liable to be actioned for their rulebreaking, and many already have been

4 Likes

Neither, you give her “good teammate” endorsements.

3 Likes

Its he same as when you have inflexible dps or suicidal tanks…accept that that player just isn’t in the right rank, avoid them and move on. a dps moira…wont climb…simple as that.

2 Likes

Watch the replay to be sure.
Then gameplay sabotage

1 Like

Just did. Flanked to DPS every instance, away from the team. Used literally three healing orbs in a 3-round Ilios, every other orb was damage (once was to heal her, and the other times when she was coming out of spawn). Didn’t stay behind/with the tank or the team, and would only heal when there was literally no DPS to do. Actually emoted to request healing from the other healer so she could use her orb to DPS.

My argument for cheating is it states:
Exploiting a bug, or engaging in any activity that gives an unfair advantage
Where one could read ‘unfair advantage’ is to lower their queue time while giving the opposite team an advantage.

None of the above meets the definition of gameplay sabotage

7 Likes

[Removed]

Forum Moderator Note: If you feel someone is trolling, then report them. Posting just to claim someone is trolling does not further the conversation and can be considered harassment.

6 Likes

Clarifications:

1. i am not a troll, nor have i acted the part of one in this thread

2. Disagreement is not trolling

I ask that the personal attacks cease

8 Likes

They’re playing the hero differently to how you would but manage to maintain MMR close to yours. So either:

1. They really are throwing, but apparently so are you seeing you’re the same rank as them but soooo much more skilled than them. How did you stay in that rank while actually being better than them? You threw, that’s how. Reporting them would be justified but hypocritical.

2. They’re not throwing. They’re doing what they think is necessary to win the match even though it’s not how you would do it. They may be wrong but they’re trying. It would be a false report.

I suspect what you’re complaining about isn’t actually reportable.

5 Likes

Clarification: I did not make a claim about all of my posts

I gave already clarified that i have not done any trolling in this thread

4 Likes

people can play how they like. If they want to DPS as moira or ana that’s their right. As a healer main, i can’t report trash genjis or widows for “not playing the way i want them to play”, so why should it be any different for healers

DPS players really are a cancer

7 Likes

If Arrge can be banned for simply playing Hanzo in Top 500 and have the suspension upheld, then a Moira player can be banned for DPSing instead of Healing.

The sad thing is we wouldn’t have to be having this conversation if people just respected the integrity of a team game and environment.

People die when I’m dpsing as Zenyatta sometimes. It happens. But no one yells at me for it because they know that I heal them and help them do stuff.

Like dude lol you just CANNOT fight from some of the positions tanks and supports will put you in from sitting so damn far back. But this is what so many people do. You can’t tell them nothing, it’s like speaking in a dead language to them to tell them this position sucks

Sometimes you need to help a DPS that is flanking. Sometimes you need to drop M2 and move two damn feet to save your high-charge Zarya’s life. If you see someone playing like a playmaker, sometimes you just need to do something, anything, to give them just a little extra push to secure a huge dong play.

I have been playing Tank and Support lately and it is frustrating how many people absolutely REFUSE TO COMMIT or pick up EASY KILLS on a target that gives them SO MUCH TROUBLE, like a Reaper from out in Narnia trying to flank them. Normally I have these people so angry they are cussing me out in match chat because I am playing DPS.

You literally have to beg people to kill Mercy trying to get a stupid rez every second of every match because the thought of doing this would not occur to them otherwise.

It’s so stupid how so many people have no idea how to work in a team.

1 Like