What do I report DPS Moiras as?

Tell us how you really feel, Maverick. Show us on the doll where the mean old players touched you.

1 Like

Considering I was a Tracer one trick from Season 6 to 10 and this forum was full of nothing but how I was smurfing, one clipping entire teams inside their spawn and getting 6ks with every pulse bomb, I don’t think I am the one who got the bad touch.

Had these people so messed up they thought a platinum player was the real dafran

To be fair to them, that’s not exactly a common skill. Anyone seeing such a skillful display that heavily deviates from the norm is going to call foul. You’d expect it if you hit a new rank or tier, but to get a game one day where, say, an enemy widowmaker is hitting the occasional bodyshot and a rare headshot, to the next couple of games with Tracers one-clipping people and widowmaker scoring criticals like they’re in the OWL… It’s not unreasonable to think “This isn’t right. Why am I playing against people this good all of a sudden?”

1 Like

I’ve had a rein tell the whole team to report me because I was attacking the guy that killed him right in front of me. Had to tell him that he only lasted that long because I used up my entire healing resource bar + heal ball on just him and I was getting a refill and trying to save his life instead of running away. Even in MY death cam I saw myself use the last of my healing on the rein, he died, me attacking, before I respawned in again. Most people just dont pay attention and suddenly we’re “DPS Moiras” who need a ban. Mind you with 2-2-2 I’m not surprised more people are going moira to DPS and heal, lot more are getting reported for it to.

4 Likes

Do you not know that DPS only Moiras are a real and prevalent issue in Role Queue Beta?

4 Likes

I guess I don’t?

But surely they would just plummet due to their trash gameplay so it isn’t really my problem if they disrupt just 1 of my games on their way down?

3 Likes

I don’t like role queue much either but this just sounds like nonsense to me. Not that it doesn’t happen but I seriously doubt it’s some kind of epidemic or something.

You obviously don’t play on console.

Now that’s up for debate.

Many would define gameplay sabotage and throwing as behavior in which someone purposely do things which is counter-productive and put the team at an disadvantage.

Everyone can have a bad game, obviously you shouldn’t report people if they play like trashcans.
Everyone have different playstyles, obviously you shouldn’t report people for being different.

As long as they try their best and do things that is somewhat reasonable or at least try to achieve that, it’s all good.

What’s not good is when someone don’t have winning in mind but play for the lulz of it and do things that is plain stupid on purpose.

A moira who plays like if she was a Tracer kind of follows into the last category… Again, there’s nothing wrong with doing a bit of damage here and there, especially while waiting for the team to get ready as sitting on orbs wont give any ulti charge (just make sure you have them most of the time when they’re needed), flanking around isn’t necessarily bad either depending on the scenario, if you do these two things only the entire game though it’s pretty clear that the person only wants to piss others off or play for personal stats.

Another example would be a widow who only tried doing 360 shots the entire game, like it would be throwing even if you get a few kills compared to playing like normal way actually trying to set up to hit the shots no matter if it’s from an offensive or defensive position/playstyle and miss everything.

Another example would be HoGs who try to get gold healing, there’s no reason for someone to try to achieve that to begin with. Fine if you end up with it by playing normal or doing things that benefit the team (even though it would be extremely rare, silver on the other hand isn’t that uncommon if the 2nd healer is like Zen).

What else… Torbs that never fire a gun and just hammer his turrets or enemies… I could go on and on make several examples about every hero but people should get the point I’m making.

Playing for specific medals, trying to make youtube clips going for the wildest shots and so on. Nothing wrong to do what I’ve mentioned once every now and then, ti becomes a ruined experience for all on your team if that’s the only thing you trying to do though.

TL;DR - Too summon it all up, as long as you trying to win and play to the best of your ability it’s all fine and no one should report people because they simply disagree with minor stuff or poor quality of execution from a player in a particular game.

It’s a competitive game mode and doing things on purpose that goes against the spirit of competitive play is throwing by definition. You are held accountable for that in any real sport as well as most e-sports risking everything from being fined to suspended.

2 Likes

cheating is using external programs to get an advantage.
So sabotage.

Moira kit is healing and doing damage.
Someone who doesnt do both, is the same as a mercy only using pistol
A tjorb only using his hammer and never placing his turret
Or a mccree only using stun and emotes on enemies.
They only will do this when trolling.
And everyone agree this is trolling, but somehow a moira that is only dpsing and the only heals are to heal up her self, and lots of people dont agree this is not trolling??

4 Likes

Had a dps only moira last night and another tonight. Last night Moira player says “We need a main healer”… yeah. The moira tonight was grouped with someone that actually said “he is a dps only moira”… our lucio got the healing card.

So yes they exist and I am pretty sure refusing to even attempt to fulfill your role is reportable. Thats like a Sombra that only hacks healthpacks or a Rein that never uses his shield.

“But its my playstyle” isn’t going to fly.

7 Likes

Honestly, just avoid as teammate. Moira’s very kit requires her to damage in order to heal. Now, if they are tossing damage orbs into team fights or tunneling hard, they’re throwing.

1 Like

if you’re in bronze, silver, gold or diamond, you should probably report but check the replay just in case that’s not the issue.

moira is my second most played support and sometimes i run out of healing fast bc of tanks. it takes a hot minute to regenerate, and barriers make it even harder to regenerate my supply. sometimes i even have to pop my ult to keep everyone up

1 Like

Ehhh maybe. I guess it depends on where you fall on the ladder. I’ve legitimately seen people who think this is how they’re supposed to play Moira. It’s not much of a stretch to believe that misinformation and “ignorance” has proliferated throughout the Overwatch ladder. How many actually frequent the forums? How few just pick up bad habits and “advice” from secondhand sources in-game?

There are some good guides on her available. Went from low gold 2.1kish on average to 2.7K in beta RQ with Moira. Been getting better with more games. She gets ult so fast that I pop it whenever the team is on crit during team fights to keep the fight working in our favor.

Things like that you don’t see from a DPS Moira and the team dies more than it should. Unless the team is topped off, I focus more on healing. That silly thing main healers should do.

2 Likes

Guides exist for lots of heroes. You’d probably be amazed at how few of them people on the ladder actually watched. I haven’t looked at any myself tbh. I’m just not interested in trying to improve my game anymore. It doesn’t work for me. I have to wonder how many people are worse off than I am? Or who just skate by with sheer, overwhelming mechanical skill. As far as Moira goes, it’s easy for people to tunnel with her, and just lose track of the purpose that other people on the team think you’re there for.

selecting healer role and then proceeding not to heal and to dps the whole game is in fact, game play sabotage, Jeff himself has even said that they have a whole group of people on standby to deal with issues just such as this.

OK HK-47, saying someone is trolling is not a personal attack.

Forum Moderator Note: If you feel someone is trolling, then report them. Posting just to claim someone is trolling does not further the conversation and can be considered harassment.

6 Likes

Cheating is defined by the game as anything that gives an unfair advantage, not just using external programs (as that doesn’t tend to apply on the console versions of the game).

1 Like

And yet:

How does none of that (to you) meet the definition of gameplay sabotage? I told you the Moira used a total of 3 healing orbs and DPS’d through nearly all of the 16-minute game. One of those orbs was just to heal only herself, away from her team. Every single opportunity she got, she took to DPS, as opposed to healing teammates who showed up with the + critical symbol on them below 25% health. You just might be a troll and have zero comprehension of it.
_
_
_

All that said, my initial question with this thread was: does this behaviour count as Cheating to queue for Support and then DPS nearly all game, giving an unfair advantage to yourself to lower your queue time, and also an unfair advantage to the enemy team with them having two healers and us having people die every other fight? I think most can agree at this point it’s definitely a type of gameplay sabotage, I just don’t know if Blizzard wants us to report these people as cheaters instead/as well. I do recall that Jeff specified they have systems in place to tell if someone who selected heals is actually only DPSing, and this test season could be to hone that. This post was actually intended to only decipher what we are supposed to report DPS Moiras (or any support, for that matter) as. I already avoided said player, just want to know the best protocol for this kind of behaviour going forward.

1 Like

You’re wanting to report someone for playing the hero wrong. Just avoid them.

2 Likes