Welcome to the first Overwatch 2 PvP Beta

dude is lucky he got to dance with sombra’s voice actress carolina

3 Likes

Message in chat? You mean something like “keep watching for chance to get drops”? Hopefully not people spamming “!drops”. I do know there’s usually a progress bar showing when I open my up my profile icon during those streams.

Just mute the stream and alt-tab or minimize. I’ve been doing that for years with streams and always worked.

Ah! I guess. I always click those away immediately to make sure the progress bar is active.

Its a huge pop-up box showing you can earn drops… here is an image example:

1 Like

I have a question about hero redesigns.

Will players in beta have option to choose one of the redesign skins (which some of the heroes recived) like OW2 Tracer version to play in the matches ?

1 Like

I am actally just creating a twitch account for this!

Do I need to type !drops or something in chat to start my time tracking or do I just have to open the stream and do nothing else?

The closest information we have on that comes from Andy last week.

1 Like

Nope, watch an eligible stream and just make sure you link your Twitch account to your Blizzard BattleNet account.

2 Likes

TFW not a single Symmetra main streamer was chosen, sadge

1 Like

I understand that almost half of the hero roster hasn’t recived there OW2 redesign, but i play a lot of Tracer and Lucio and if i do end up in the beta will i be able to choose OW2 skin version for one of those heroes to play in the matches ?

I cannot say what heroes have their new look designs available at this time.

1 Like

Tracer and Lucio had recived there OW2 redesigns. I mean Tracers new look is on the main Overwatch page and there are plenty of pictures of Lucio in OW2 design version.

Yes, but like all skins, they may still be vetting out certain ones with things like Rigging and animation. Again, I can’t say with certainty as I don’t have the information of how comprehensive this beta will be.

1 Like

It’s been almost 3 years since their skins were revealed though, so surely they’ve been done for a while now?

1 Like

I want to pre download OW2 so I don’t fill the servers when everyone tries to join at the same time, how do I do that?

Watch a lot of people not realize that they only have something like 5 minutes to claim the drop before it is lost forever. There has been no clarification on whether this drop is permanently in your inventory or not. If it’s not permanent then I expect a ton of complaining on the forums in 2 days.

There is no way to pre-download the client from what I understand. If you don’t have Overwatch 1 installed, I do recommend installing that to possibly speed things up.

Oh ok ok, understood. Thanks a lot for clarifying! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Will the drops still work for primarily mobile users or will we need to have it open on desktop exclusively?

Should work with the Twitch mobile app. I have had little complaints from the last few Twitch drops promotions for Overwatch (for sprays) since they started the new drops system.

The nice thing is that you can track your time watched in your Drops page on your account to ensure you are earning time.

No its open… if you’re a streamer and have a big following. If you’re just a normal person then yes its a closed beta.