Welcome to the first Overwatch 2 PvP Beta

I want to pre download OW2 so I don’t fill the servers when everyone tries to join at the same time, how do I do that?

Watch a lot of people not realize that they only have something like 5 minutes to claim the drop before it is lost forever. There has been no clarification on whether this drop is permanently in your inventory or not. If it’s not permanent then I expect a ton of complaining on the forums in 2 days.

There is no way to pre-download the client from what I understand. If you don’t have Overwatch 1 installed, I do recommend installing that to possibly speed things up.

Oh ok ok, understood. Thanks a lot for clarifying! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Will the drops still work for primarily mobile users or will we need to have it open on desktop exclusively?

Should work with the Twitch mobile app. I have had little complaints from the last few Twitch drops promotions for Overwatch (for sprays) since they started the new drops system.

The nice thing is that you can track your time watched in your Drops page on your account to ensure you are earning time.

No its open… if you’re a streamer and have a big following. If you’re just a normal person then yes its a closed beta.

Thank you for the help!

quick question

are twitch drops avaiable in all regions?

when connecting my bnet account it made me choose a region that was not actually mine (mine wasnt there), which worried me i may be locked out.

What region did you select and what is your country of residence?

i selected NA because that was the closest, but i live in Argentina

You say that there is a (below quote), I was wondering what exactly that time window is? Asking from the U.K.

Latin America was not an option? But you should be fine.

Nope, it was not. the only options were

NA
SEA
EU
KR
CN

nobody remembers we exist :pensive:

Pretty sure I recall Latin America being cited as okay, hold on let me get a reference.

From 2022-04-27T17:00:00Z to 2022-04-28T01:00:00Z, must watch four hours accumulatively.

4 Likes

Much appreciated, thanks for your help!

Q. What gameplay regions is the PvP Beta available in?
A. The beta is currently available to North America, Europe, Latin America/Brazil, Korea, Japan, Australia/New Zealand, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.

On the official blog post at the top of this discussion. Hope that helps.

Do they count Ukraine as Europe? (Many services don’t, dat’s why I’m asking)

Officially Ukraine is, so I’d assume it would be fine. Might just have to get the access anyway and find out then; just so to be safe. Hope you’re doing okay at the moment

1 Like