"We read the forums". No, that is not what happens

You get notified about massive threads. You then decide to respond or not.
If you do not get notified of massive threads, it is because the admin or mod or whoever decided that it wasn’t worth the time.
In the rare cases there is a response, it is to put some troll down.
But massive threads about flaws in the game, they just get ignored.
It took months for Doomfist’s thread to be noticed, and it was only noticed after it was pointed out in an interview.
There are massive threads about the flaws in Sombra, but that thread was ignored, and instead a complete tonedeaf rework came to fruition.
In the weekends, when most people have the time to even post these things, no responds at all will come, even with severe issues.
So if I see “We read the forums”, I do no trust it.

21 Likes

they read the forums probably the same way i do, they look for the more interesting and relevant to them topic, read it, and decide if it is worth responding to

8 Likes

Mercy’s discussion has to be one of the worst managed so far of all the discussions. We’re around a year now with tons of feedback, none of which has been remotely discussed by any of the team in any slight detail. Not even any real correspondence from our community manager. Instead the megathread is still being used as a form of damage control and to ignore the rework as being a failure.

3 Likes

So the Sombra thread is not worth responding to?
Doomfist?
Bastion?
Mercy?

so people can yell more? if the people dont get the answer they want, nothing will change

9 Likes

Ignoring massive issues is not good feedback.
“So people can yell more” If they did a decent job responding, there would be no yelling.

3 Likes

You need to differentiate “noticing” from “replying”.
Also, the devs have stated their development philosophy already. It’s not all about what the most vocal people here want.

3 Likes

There are very vocal people reporting bugs and issues, yet they get ignored.
If the development philosophy includes “Let’s ignore people complaining about bugs” it is a bad philosophy.

Oh my God, not replying is not the same as ignoring.
How hard is that to understand?
Just, this, basically:

3 Likes

No, they don’t ignore them.
Case in point, Sombra’s hack LoS checks.
We don’t know how they list all the bugs reported, but they do list them, and try to tackle them one by one, but without introducing new bugs. It’s not as easy as you might think.

1 Like

Not replying and not ACTING = ignoring.
Doomfist got ignored, Sombra as well.

You don’t know what they do in-house, so this argument holds no water.

4 Likes

I think they read most of the forums, they just decide to give out blueposts like yearly xmas presents instead of weekly treats like it should be

They are watching us in the shadows

4 Likes

They do look at the forums its just that the vocal mercy players want a revert which isn’t happening

1 Like

Probably because this forum only has these few topic:

• Nerf Hanzo
  • Why can Hanzo ______?
  • LGBT threads in general
  • Nerf Brigitte
  • Nerf Doomfist
  • Nerf Widowmaker
  • Revert _________
  • Buff _________
  • 30$ for an Emote
7 Likes

Hey mini sprites never seen those before nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s amazing how far transparency can go.

Actually, they should ignore those Doomfist nerf threads. Or tell those players to learn how to counter Doomfist

It’s actually scary how accurate this is.