We need to show outrage with the new OWL Lucio emote

So no one is allowed to argue in support of the emote being a part of the pass package?

1 Like

Yeah dude, no. Blizzard doesn’t make decisions based on the feelings of one person.

3 Likes

Well i can understand that. You paid 30 Bucks for that awful pass and you want to get something out of it.

I’ve been pretty satisfied with the pass. I’m just happy it’s continuing to give.

2 Likes

Nice try. Read again what I said and quoted and try again.

“One person” That’s why you’re here arguing against all these people complaining.

From my time playing Overwatch and being on the OW forums, I’ve never seen this Lucio emote concept as a popular request. I would say it’s not a popular request, because I can’t know that, but you could say that about anything because everybody is on the internet spouting opinions and suggestions, but that doesn’t discredit the idea of using an emote as an exclusive to something else just because people wanted it.

And the theme of the item is sorta irrelevant to whether or not it’s related to something. Go have a look at a bunch of voice lines from seasonal events; there are many that are completely unrelated to the event/season, but are added in as an opportunity just to add a good line or to just fill up space. (Example: Roadhog’s “You wanna scrap with me?” and Pharah’s “Don’t take it personally”) Even though that is the case of some voice lines being irrelevant to the event that they are introduced in, the players still associate and relate those voice lines to the event because they know that’s the time when you can buy and obtain that voice line.

It doesn’t matter on the theme of the item, the item still being related to the OWL league because the acquisition of the item is a key element of what people relate the item to.

Not if that person as a basic understanding of ideas and how they’re not entitled to have everything they want to be confident and accessible to them.

There’s honestly no difference in this between the Blizzcon & Noire skin, if you exclude the theme or supposedly popular request for it, because they’re just exclusives for further supporting Blizzard by Overwatch, their convention, or their Overwatch league.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone complain about Noire being a preorder bonus because the theme of Noire doesn’t relate to what they think a pre order skin would like for a game like Overwatch.

If Blizzard had a rhythm based game and this same Lucio emote was an exclusive as a pre order for that game, I’m the same people would still be complaining and upset about it.

Honestly, this is only an issue because it’s an emote and it’s desirable; not that it’s unrelated to the OWL. I guarantee if there was an exclusive voice line, spray, or player icon that wasn’t desirable and unrelated to the Overwatch league, there would be no outrage and no issue.

3 Likes

You’re just a vocal minority. There are plenty of people also posting in support of it. According to you though, our opinions hold no weight because we’re pass-holders or we just don’t see what all the fuss is about even if we aren’t.

3 Likes

I don’t have time to answer to all of that since I gotta go but

Why would there be outrage if people don’t want it? No one complains about something they don’t care about.

[Edit] Gone.

Compared to a dozen skins, + sprays, & an emote. Makes sense to me.

3 Likes

That’s the point I’m making. It’s not that the emote is unrelated to the OWL, it’s that they just want the emote. There’s no principle or difference between someone being salty on not being able to get Noire and this emote, it’s the same argument.

4 Likes

That’s his point. You’re only outraged because it’s something you find cool. If you didn’t think it was cool you wouldn’t be complaining.

I didn’t see a peep out of you or anyone else about the TWO exclusive emotes Tracer and TWO exclusive voice lines Torb got for the new WoW expansion. Why is that?

2 Likes

It’s so funny… People want loot boxes banned. This would be the replacement.

/popcorn

We dont need to show outrage. If you want the emote pay the 30 dollars and you get the away skins and other stuff as well. As someone who has limited internet i cant watch OWL but i still bought the pass cause u wanted the skins. I bought it when it was only 3 skins, and didnt expect them to add anything else. Im happy that they added the away skins and now this lucio emote to show support for the people supporting the OWL. Blizzard jas raised a bunch of crybabies. They give you, free lootboxes and free OWL tokens. No other game would have done that. If you want the lucio emote pay the 30 dollars, if not then suck it up.

1 Like

Blizzcon skins are basic skins with a Blizzcon theme recolor. WoW emotes drop WoW banners. To get Noire Widow you had to buy the game, which you needed to use it. Unlike for this bundle, if you don’t care about OWL stuff or are unable to use it properly a lot of money is wasted. I’m not complaining about limited times stuff. If there was another emote or skin in this pack that I didn’t care about, I would still not agree with it, I just wouldn’t have a reason to be outraged about it. Not being outraged =/= agreeing with it.

I think it’s cool. People who paid for the pass should get extra considering they haven’t got much outside of “terrible recolors” . I think it’s alright it’s just an emote I never got the Mercy skin don’t see me complaining. If you weren’t mad about Tracers WOW emote this should be no different.
also no false report please

1 Like

Let’s just hope they make it so it’s in the default lootbox like the police officer dva skin and oni genji skin

or just dont buy it

3 Likes

“bunch of stuff” more like bunch of nothing, what they give in all access pass is pretty bad imo.

Re: title - no we do not

1 Like

I honestly just purchased the pass for the ingame Tracer icon cuz Tracer is bae.
Anything after that (ie: the skins and emotes) just felt like a bonus, to me.