We need to KNOW what's ahead soon, the game is sinking

We been hitting our head against the wall with this balance direction.

And we gotten to the point where we can’t just wait to know anymore.

Because we don’t have a new hero next season. (Aka Season 3 isn’t gonna have a new hero.)

This is the perfect time to stop hitting our head and try to save this game.

For this game needs multiple tank buff/reworks and Support buffs/reworks.

Aka the amount of work into balancing that went into OW2 release, needs to be basically repeated in Season 3.

And devs need to talk about it or we just going to hit a wall again.

As history has proven.

22 Likes

Twice or three times over, really. The “balancing” for OW2 launch honestly left a lot to be desired.

They need to be pushing experimentals and aggressively gathering player feedback. They need to prioritize experimentals for Supports and also prioritize Support player feedback for those experimentals. They need to push experimentals on how to improve Push, and on how they could re-implement 2CP or at least re-use the maps in some fashion.

This “every half season” balancing with paltry communication between ain’t gonna fly

13 Likes

Where basically OW2 is at sinking wise:

Season 2 patch:

3 Likes

The diehard ow2 fans will keep it afloat just like ow1

1 Like

afloat = doesn’t mean alive.

6 Likes

Lol ever stop to think, the “balancing program” is actually a player problem?

is it really sinking tho? i mean how do you know no one is playing. the queue times are pretty short and its not in a bad spot twitch wise (yea twitch is dumb but :person_shrugging:)

unless anyone has some sort of official metrics you cant say that its losing popularity

one thing it has is a lot of bad press hehe

nope it’s a dev problem: already was talked about: Is Overwatch 2 Doomed? (Group Up Podcast)

OW2 future by March:

4 Likes

Queue times have been increasing at a much faster rate than they did in OW1, that is a bad sign.

Took OW1 years to reach this point, this is a launch brig level of queue time increase.

7 Likes

Not to mention 2023 will release a lot of new computation for OW2.

Meaning most of new players OW2 just got, will likely be leaving soon.

2 Likes

Oh yes because having a podcast automatically means you know what your talking about…

There are elements which the community does contribute, but ultimately, the issue is with the developers.

Players are of course going to have limited information (and Blizzard doesn’t share much), and they’re going to be biased as to what they will and won’t complain about. That said, they can and will tell you what they don’t like. It’s the responsibility of the developers to parse through this information and synthesize it with raw stats to determine the best course of action—not the player’s responsibility.

The developers have even stated they don’t want specific player solutions to problems, just for players to voice their frustrations. The problem therein, though, is that requires the developers to be judicious, decisive, responsive, and accommodating. Players can contribute insofar as they can attempt to moderate their takes and be understanding of exogenous factors that may be influencing their experiences, but again, at the end of the day, it’s not their responsibility. It’s Blizzard’s.

7 Likes

Ok, good point, random guy in the forums.

I will totally listen your short opinion then four others who spend more time thinking and talking about it all…

Aka this is Sarcasm.

4 Likes

While we may not have official metrics, there were a couple different websites that have estimated by the end of Oct. OW2 had already lost 20% (5Mil players) of the new players that Blizzard was so proud to tout the numbers of (25 Million). A third website estimates that based off queue times and a couple other metrics they believe OW2 only has a concurrent active user base of ~176k at most. If I find my sources, I’ll edit this post.

Playercount SRC: https:// dexerto. com/overwatch/how-many-people-play-overwatch-player-count-tracker-2022-1643403/

I couldn’t find the source on the 20% drop, but there are thousands of sites claiming that OW2 actually reached 35 mil, which ~if~ that was the case, going by the player count from the source above, would mean they have lost ~30-40%

7 Likes

That seems about right, honestly me saying March was if the Season 2 patch just gets repeated 3 more times.

Which is always possible in the multiverse.

My concern always with 3rd party sites is they’re often not using substantially better info than what the common schmuck like me or you has.

That being said, I’d be interested to see the sources. I think most people know that 25 million number from Blizzard is heavily spun corporate PR—it likely includes players who logged in once then bailed, and doesn’t discriminate between legit accounts and smurfs. It’s tough to say, IMO, how many people actually are engaging with OW2, especially since we have to make the overly generous assumption that matchmaking standards are the same over time—and as GreyFalcon might tell you (I see him typing there), that’s a pretty steep assumption.

1 Like

What’s ahead is streamers/pros having mental breakdowns malding about how bad matchmaker quality/speed is in Comp.

Followed by the devs not doing anything about it until mid january, where they are probably going to do sledgehammer nerfs and steroid buffs, to get more Support players.

4 Likes

Already saw everyone in the podcast saying to go casual instead of competitive. (Even saw Seagull say it in a video I missed.)

And I am not kidding about the new games taking more players away in 2023.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hogwarts Legacy

Dead Island 2

Starfield

Forspoken

Final Fantasy XVI

Diablo IV

Street Fighter 6

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Alan Wake 2

Skull & Bones

Atomic Heart

Minecraft Legends

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl
Aliens: Dark Descent

Atlas Fallen

Fire Emblem Engage

Ark II

Redfall

5 Likes

Now take the current matchmaker quality/speed issues. And double it, after December 20th.

It’s going to be “the sky is falling, hysterical freakout” time.

3 Likes

What are your queue times that makes you say this?

What region/platform/modes are you queueing for?

Last night my estimated queues were 4/1/1 for US East QP, and I wasn’t even waiting 4 minutes for tank, it was more like 1-2 minutes. Tank was much longer right after Ramattra came out, but they’ve relaxed the past couple days.