We need to discuss Mercy, NOW

One thematic change I was thinking about was Phoenix themed.

1 second after pressing Q you get the option to press Q again (or alternatively E if they move Rez to Valk only).

This kicks Valk into doubleedged-sword mode.

Stronger more focused abilities, faster move speed/GA, but instead of regenerating health, 20hp lost per second. You are consumed by fire.

Maybe make your pistol slot become a fire lance or something.

Who said that it represents the whole player base?
You’re makimg things up, mate.

Even then, 3 thousand people is still A LOT of voices.

The guy said its hard data on the quote of you saying the playerbase agrees etc.
Put them together bud.

Yeah it is alot of voices.

Pleeeeease stop using playerbase.

I had a mental image of Mercy’s lunar new year skin while reading this.

I’m not sold on it, purely because it’s an “abilty enhancement” instead of something that’s very different from the base kit (e.g. Moira spraying heals in her base form, but doing a kamehameha with her ult). Are you sure about the fire lance? Mercy’s supposed to be a pacifist professional doctor…

Somewhat unrelated: Mercy needs a pheonix skin. Or at the very least, phoenix themed lines with her new year’s skin.

Might I point out that that’s 3.whatever k likes accrued on every post in the thread and that there are dissenting posts with likes. And people can like multiple posts

I mean, it’s kind of moot, but.

2 Likes

Yeah, but she’s also got something strange going on with her considering she hasn’t really aged like the rest of the cast.

As if she’s not entirely human.

Good thing they aren’t my claims.

I still stand on you sending your ideas rather than trying to debunk an opinion (or in otherwards, persuasive) piece.

You did say the alot of the playerbase agrees with you.
Which is a claim no matter how much you twist it.

I do like the principle of Mercy’s ult being a double-edged sword (if Mercy ever does get mass rez back, I want it to blow up in her face if she uses it wrong). My ideal version of Mercy would have a lot of emphasis on calculating risk/reward throughout her entire playstyle, and she’d get progressively more high risk, high reward the higher you climb.

Am I Wrong?

Do people agree with me?
If so, my point remains.

You cant prove it correct…soooo

Well either way, if they moved Rez to Valk only, that would free up a button for a new E ability.

Lots of possibilities with that.

How.
Can.
You.
Prove.
An.
Opinion?

This discussion went down the toilet.

1 Like

I really don’t like how low risk Valkyrie is. How would you add risk to something like that? Plus there’s still the problem of it removing weaknesses that I think that Mercy should keep no matter what.

Single target healing, and being extremely vulnerable to dive heroes.

1 Like

Lets not forget that the devs made Mercy a beginner friendly character.

The main reason on why you see so much threads about Mercy is that, IMO, their feedback on what could be a good balance to her falls on deaf ears. The devs doesn’t listen to them and this cerf proves it. Mercy mains/players who actually have decent skill in her have stated that the reason she is a must pick for every team comp is that her rez is an undo button, and not the healing. Yet what do they change aboit Mercy to make her “balanced” revert her healing from 60 hp/s back into 50 hp/s. The same healing rate when she was released and had mass rez. Now its back to 50hp/s with a broken 30sec ability and lackluster and subpar ultimate.

That is the chages that Blizzard made even though Mercy players were saying that rez is problematic and Valk is useless. Thats why the outcry is here because this isnt what they ask. This is why the outcry is here because Jeff Kaplan and Geoff Goodman are basically hypocrites. This is why the outcry is happening because once again OW devs proved that their “we listen to your feedback” BS is false. This is why this outcry is happening because Mercy players never asked for the Valkyrie rework in the first place. These are the reasons why the outcry is here. Why it is justified. Because from time and time again, OW devs never failed to prove themselves to us that all they say about we hear yall or we read your post and feebacks and take them into account is fake, false and unprofessional.

You want to blame Mercy Mains for all these post about her in the forums? BLAME THE OW DEVS, THE DPS MAINS THAT SUGGESTED A REWORK TO MERCY AND OTHERS WHO SUGGESTED THIS HEALING NERF WHEN IT WASNT THE PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

LEAVE THE MERCY MAINS ALONE. THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE MAD BECAUSE OF THE COUNTLESS IDEAS TO BALANCE MERCY GETS PUT IN THE TRASHCAN BECAUSE OW DEVS THINK THEY KNOW BEST.

1 Like

Scrap the perma-regen, shorten up the beam length, and raise her movement speed.

And I surely can, since…
Forums,
Videos,
Twitter,
Reddit
And anything of the like have people sayong they don’t like Mercy RN.

If ya want a link, I’ll gladly send ya one.

And also any double edge mechanic.

It wasn’t an opinion.
You stated it as fact first time. Now you are changing your story.