Valkyrie feels... Pointless

Yeah but the thing is, Mercy’s regular healing (per hero) is her ult healing. The difference being it’s got aoe beams. Meaning mercy can’t save her teammates whether she’s ulting or not.

1 Like

Mercy won’t be balanced properly unless Blizz are willing to either:
A: Revert the rework entirely
B: Remove Resurrect as a standard ability

Remove Rez, and we can talk about buffing Mercy. Valkyrie does actually nothing because Rez warps every other ability on her kit because of how unbelievably broken it is.

Nah not really. If you think about it the only thing it achieves is making the ult actually impactful.

She isn’t really supposed to. She’s supposed to enable her entire team as they go in for a fight. As a fight saving ultimate it’s completely useless. As an engagement ult it’s actually pretty darn good.

Got anything more on the redesign angle?

For instance:

Mass rez couldn’t do this either. At least Valk has a chance to.

2 Likes

“Great mobility”. That is entirely team dependent. Unless you pop Valkyrie, her mobility is based entirely on if there is a teammate nearby or their soul corpse. Otherwise you have NO mobility at all. Unless you count a slow fall through the air as “great mobility”. Mercy is the only support in game who has a mobility option attached to a teammate.

3 Likes

Lol… I hope this is sarcasm…

man and here i was thinking a support ult should be able to at least somewhat help their team stay alive through regular fire

2 Likes

What? It’s technically true. You could be mashing your ult button and you could never save your team from normal enemy fire with it.

1 Like

This issue with Valk is that it tries to accomplish too much, while not doing anything particularly well. It’s best used as a pseudo-supercharger to force an engagement, but because Valk doesn’t enhance single-target healing, you’re often forced to spend significant amounts of time trying to slowly heal up a tank who took too much damage, while your other allies are full.

If you’re only healing one ally in Valk, you’re effectively not in Valk.

2 Likes

I thought Valkyrie was a bit overtuned before, so I don’t mind this.

I think ultimate diversity is a good thing. Ana’s ult is pretty much useless for that too, for obvious reasons. It certainly is helpful in a firefight, but the chain healing/damage boost is super helpful on engagement, not to mention her constant self healing makes it difficult to punish a Resurrection attempt unless the corpse in question is completely surrounded by enemies.

Redesign? Aight. Mercy is a solo target healer

• Give her 60hps back
  • Remove Valk chain beams
  • Healing in valk increased to 90hps
  • Increase GA speed by 15%

This isnt very well thought out but my goal is to make her more active during valk and allow her to quickly fly from teamate to teamate and top them off.

It is a panic button to enhancing your own survival when the things get dicey. On top of being hard to kill, you can also rez above ground and much easier.

???

Both Hog and Tracer’s ult have insane potential. Hog’s does crazy damage, as does Tracer’s. And they feel rewarding, but on top of that, their kits are also powerful. Hog can still one shot kill people after hook, Tracer can one-clip people given practice.

Mercy’s is just doing the usual healing and boosting, except this time, more flying! Wow.

1 Like

Not really. Mercy diving in for a risky rez is still very much punishable.

And easier time rezzing.

And chain healing

And hard to kill

And chain damage boost

And for 15 seconds (an eternity in this game)

Hog can hook people off cliffs (and interrupt ults).

That alone gives him a lot of fun-value.

1 Like