We need an Official answer on One Tricking. šŸŽ²

i cant wait till a youtuber makes a 10 minute long video out of that reply

1 Like

The whole thing about ā€œlyingā€ is just ridiculous. It was a 2 day suspension and it is long over. You think I would still be this upset about it if I was trolling?

No, itā€™s about the fact that I know I wasnā€™t doing any of those things. I was simply reported for maining Torb. And you should know exactly how upset people can get over attack Torbs. Youā€™ve played the game enough.

Problem is, people in my SR rank donā€™t understand how good a great Torb can be. But this isnā€™t about Torbjorn: itā€™s about Blizz accepting false reports at face value based on a sudden influx from 4-stacksā€¦ something Blizz should be prepared for giving how the MMR tends to put a player against impossible odds once it feels a threshold is about to be crossed, resulting in losing streaks.

I canā€™t contact them directly because that would be a honeytrap for their false claim of GM abuse. And Iā€™m not a big streamer or top 500 so they wonā€™t care.

Anyway Iā€™m sick of people trolling me by claiming I must be lying, or that Iā€™m not disabled, or whatever. I gave Blizzard the facts, they dropped the ball, and they continued to.

Itā€™s a good game, but not really a fun one. But it is amazing polished and with interesting heroes. The fact is, for people like me who have been interested in and supported Blizz for so longā€¦ we tend to not want to step out of our Blizz comfort zone into other games, so Iā€™m having a hard time finding something new to play on xbox.

One things for sure: after 1,500 levels of XP and over 10 gold weapons and almost every skin, the idea of being banned simply because of fighting back over false reports is just gross.

I hope Blizz is working on a better custom game making mode so that I can focus on creating my own scenarios instead. That would be pretty fun.

Right now, Overwatch isnā€™t fun. It isnā€™t about playing the heroes you like: itā€™s about playing the heroes you have to like in an environment that strips away all the joy from playing them.

edit but you did say it is a different team, so maybe it is worth a shot. I only have personal twitter now and donā€™t want to expose it to trolling so Iā€™ll have to make a new one.

3 Likes

This. Unfortunately itā€™s barely effective in the low to mid ranks where thereā€™s many more players. Works wonders in top 500 or such high ranks Iā€™m sure.

Iā€™ve said it before but Iā€™ll say it again, if they canā€™t do it based on competitive rank or just increase the limit across all ranks then I have another idea.

• Avoid as teammate will temporarily be disabled in matchmaking in situations where either [1]
    ā€” Average queue times are more than X minutes
    ā€” Average players in the queue are less than Y

[1] Based on current region.

This I feel means a higher limit should be possible. Matchmaker is no longer guaranteed to avoid someone as teammate but itā€™ll still do its best to try and do so.

There are some false thinking behind this though. Even though I do not support one tricking, here goes.

If a person only plays one hero and plays them well, but gets reported and eventually suspended because players think they lost due to the one trick, then what is the solution here? Would you rather have the one trick play something YOU want even though they will suck even worse? What if they ARNT the problem despite a lost? What if itā€™s the others who lost it but they are mad and dont know what went wrong?

Perhaps its bad teamwork to not work around the one trick? Afterall, if you did, you would be increasing the chances of winning right? What if 2 people on the team can only play 2 heroes great but the other heroes are mediocre? Should they get reported for flexing and sucking?

Afterall, playing bad is not reportable.

I rather have a person one trick a hero they are amazing at than flex to something they are terrible at , though it fits the comp and is meta. A bad tank player for example will hurt your team more than having no tank, but instead would be better to have the amazing Torb or Sym one trick.

2 Likes

THIS 100%ā€¦

You know, that they know, that itā€™s true. But theyā€™ve backed themselves into a corner now trying to be Good Guy Blizzard to everyone.

Let Comp Mode be Competitive Mode and not QP with some SR attached to it.

5 Likes

Its not a non-answerā€¦ dont be stubborn. SADLY, it clearly sais that you cant be banned BY CHOOSING a hero.
They also clearly state that OTricking and any sort of lack of team work and compromise to your team mates is against the spirit of the game, just not bannable sadly.

Also that doesnt mean that whatever they DO with that hero could or could not be bannable. Going torb to fool around when tilted because ā€œthe game is lost lolā€, is reportable because of the action to throw, not because of the hero choise. And with fool around i mean actual trolling. The reason could be a consecuence of the pick, but not the act of choosing itself.

On the other hand. If someone one tricked Mercy to grand master, would you not want them on your team compared to a terrible flex player?

There is a difference between throwing on purpose/griefing and playing an off meta hero and doing your best.

no, what if 2 other persons want to play support and/or mercy? what gives that person the right to play and not the others? OT is NEVER ok.

specifically said trolling and throwing, never picking and doing your best, despite having strong opinions about being stubborn with picks.

Itā€™s absolutely a non-answer. They are trying to ride both sides of the fence because they donā€™t want to offend one side or the other for fear of losing players.

You canā€™t release a Dev update that literally states:

1. You should have more than 1 playable Hero in your Hero pool.
  2. Playing a single her wholly and solely not only damages the experience for yourself, but for your teammates as well.

But then out of the other side of your mouth say you can play any Hero at any time.

They need to stop babysitting everyoneā€™s feelings when it comes to Competitive Mode.

3 Likes

Tell that to the one trick grand master mercys. You think people complain about them?

Thats the double standard right there. The conflict. There are no rules or role selects. But false reports = vigilante biased actions. Blizzard seems to support this double standard oddly. Or not, who knows what they even think anymore.

I would report any one-trick, if they are getting hard countered and are incapable of switching because they only have the ability to play one single Hero in the out of the entire OW roster at all times. Regardless of what Hero they one-trick.

1 Like

Thats exactly it. A PR stunt. I am not trying to offend the mods or Blizzard, but having one foot in and one foot out is not going to solve anything.

1 Like

i honestly believe its pretty clear, they dont want Ots, they stated that much. But feel they shouldnt pennalize it for several reasons (smothering creativity, bias to judge what is offensive, lots of problems it would bring to divide what is tolerable and what not, etc) and probably the community backlash. But the answer is very clear. Its not bannable.

How do you know? Can you see their stats? I have been hard countered on Rein before, died. But then when I get back from spawn, wiped the team. All of a sudden I am a hero despite the enemy team having all my counters.

Thats the problem. Maybe itā€™s not the one trick having the issue, but others? Its easy to blame an outside source than oneself or meta picks.

They should add a new option called ā€œOne Trickingā€ in the report option. So people use it to report one tricks BUT absolutely nothing should be done to the people that get reported. Instead if people report multiple times they instead should get banned for false reporting as one tricking isnt an offense.

2 Likes

ā€œYou can play any hero you like, but unfortunately we wonā€™t be able to lift this banā€

Ultimately the report system is left the way it is in order to indirectly encourage the Torb and Sym one tricks out there to actually switch it up a little.

2 Likes

Maybe the problem here is the report system. We do not punish those who report others for one tricking , even though they are not supposed to.

This automatic punishment system is not smarter than humans.

Itā€™s called the kill feed. It doesnā€™t take some other worldly game-sense to understand when someone on your team is dying over and over while being unable to do their job.