We CAN say that Sombras skin costs 40$

No problem, hope it works out!

1 Like

It’d still be a huge spit into the faces of the people who bought the All-Acess Pass for the Emote just to see it coming out cheaper, or the ones that grinded Heroes of the Storm for the Oni Genji and Police D.Va skins just to suddenly have them in the normal lootboxes.

If they praise something to be limited, they should make due on ALL of it and not just a selcet few.

It’s a dumb skin? Who even cares? It has zero impact on the game and literally no one will notice you have it.

So entitled.

I grinded for the on I and officer skins. I didn’t care once they moved them over. I already had mine and had them longer than other people especially on console.

The Lucio emote was tossed in after the twitch pack started. You also got a bunch of skins with pack and twitch stuff. This is what happens with bundles some times.

Things get sold as a bundle and then down the line they might sell them separately. Usually the blizzcon stuff is never sold outside of blizzcon. There might have been a starcarft voice pack once but that’s about it.

1 Like

This is a clever scam tactic.

Lump 2 different types of content in to one package and make them otherwise exclusive. The few people that want the pass and the skin are happy as Larry, the people that want only one either have to miss out, or cough up money for something they don’t want.

3 Likes

Don’t cut off my comment in mid-sentence. It’s rude.

Yeah, more consoles sold means more customers and that means more game sales. Duh. This isn’t about how exactly they make their money but that they invest into exclusives to sell PlayStations and offer a better service.

See this is why you quoted my post in such a disrespectful way. I already refuted your response before you wrote it.

It’s just cosmetics, eh?

Well technically any exclusive cosmetic item undermines the game’s progression system as it’s not in lootboxes. But meh, i’ll let it slide. No, we don’t lose much of value.

Of course the outcome is the same but the intent freaking matters.

Sony isn’t stupid and going to share the benefits of their own investment with their competitors but they’re not trying to exploit their customers (in this case). Blizzard is.

Stop defending this nonsense.

Sony is explicitly exploiting their customers. Exploitation isn’t always caused by malice, it’s just marketing and social engineering. Lock down your market, get people invested into a brand, get them to spend money on your other products.

Acting like Blizzard is so malicious that they’re tapping their fingers together “oh yes, yes, those fools will buy more Blizzcon tickets simply because we put a skin in the bundle!” just seems naive. Even if they did, it’d be a pitiful profit margin because the bulk of their money comes from whales dumping money on them anyway.

I also didn’t mean to cut out your quote, my highlighting got fudged up and I didn’t notice. But implying any company has a higher morale standing than another when all they’re doing is trying to get people to give them money gets a big thumbs down from me.

1 Like

Are you the kind of guy that buys a ticket to a concert for the seating, then complains that you had to pay for the music?

Shhhhhh we can’t use common sense on the forums.

2 Likes

No, not in this case. Exclusives screw over everyone but their customers. They get to play them after all.

You can do that while still being customer-friendly. Let me just remind you that this is exactly what Blizzard did and it’s the reason why there was not a major outcry at OW’s launch. They offered a fair deal and we happily accepted.

Had to split, forum’s high again.

It doesn’t matter whether they’re twirling evil moustaches in meetings or get bullied into it by suits. It is what it is.

It’s fine, i was just having fun with it.

Why? Do you really think EA is just as bad as say Monsanto? My thumb gets very heavy when it comes to moral relativism.

I object to the comparison, not any and all criticism of Sony. So it’s not like was making that argument in the first place.

THIS (20 characters)

1 Like

That’s a really heavy question you’re asking. In the most simplest terms, I’d have to say yes. Their ability to do harm is wildly different because of their industries. In the end, I believe they’re providing a service while attempting to exploit their consumer base and skirt around laws and policies that try to restrict them.

It just so happens one kills the environment.

and the other makes GMOs , huehuehue /s

1 Like

Yeah one of my mains. I’m pissed

1 Like

Fair enough.

EA’s also (supposedly) a horrible company to work for so you’ve got a point.

How is it anti-consumer to give out swag for conventions?

4 Likes

It’s because if you only play overwatch they making have to pay a 40 dollar bundle for 1 item that is actually relevant to you. If we could buy the skin seperately it wouldn’t be a problem. But thats not the case.

it’s almost like that these products and their value is dependent on what people think about them.

But it’s just convention swag for people who attend the conventions. Exclusive swag for conventions has been part of the fun of going to them for many years now. Why is that suddenly a problem now?

4 Likes

Because that swag is legendary content and happens to be one of the most unique and imo the best skin for a character. As a sombra main and big person for cosmetics this is a big deal for me and people like me. It’s a big part of the game for me.