We CAN say that Sombras skin costs 40$

You can say it, but then Hearthstone players cna say that their exclusive item is 40 dollars, along side WoW, Starcraft, Diablos, and Heroes of the Storm, but i access this, do these communities complain about this?

It shouldn’t be relevant whether you like it or not.

Either it’s okay to give out exclusive swag or it isn’t.

4 Likes

I will never support exclusiveness through money that is limited time only.

That was my first thought. I feel like it was 100% a skin that was supposed to release with BlizzardWorld, but they decided to hold it.

2 Likes

Yes. You would. You already have on this topic in a different thread. So again, I ask, why is it okay only if it’s something you don’t personally like?

Because it’s a matter of where my personal breaking point is something I will and won’t pay for. I don’t think it’s a ok practice but I don’t ger a absolute say so I’m forced to comprimise or leave it

If it’s just your own breaking point, which is fine, then why is it anti-consumer rather than just something you’re disappointed in them for doing?

2 Likes

Because they set it into a model that makes people pay extra for things that hold zero value or relevancy to them at all to get them to buy something that is of value to them. Being the skin. They know that most overwatch players don’t care about blizzcon but probably do care about new skins. This is a way to charge them double the value for the skin of all those people. That’s why it’s anticonsumer

But that isn’t what they did. They like giving nice things to people to attend conventions. Exclusive swag has been part of conventions for over a decade now, at the very least but I think that’s probably close to multiple decades.

It’s part of conventions. Nobody expects you to buy the ticket just for the swag, they expect you to buy it and attend the event and have a good time. The swag is just a bonus to that event.

They have established that they do this since the game launched. And you even said you were okay with that when it was just recolors.

So why does that all change just because you like the skin?

Anyone who plays, or has played WoW isn’t allowed to have an opinion on this subject.
Such people have already been brainwashed into loving greedy, underhanded, and exploitive company practices such as this.

You see, the Bastion and Winston skins were crappy enough that nobody wanted them. This year the skin is actually worth using, and we can’t have that.

I just wish people were honest about where their issue really is. It’s ok to admit your concern is self driven only.

Because outside of Blizzard swag isn’t exclusive parts of the game. Its physical trinket crap like posters, books and statues.

Can’t wait till you have to buy tickets to all of Blizzcon, Quakecon, E3, PAX, GDC, TGS, and Leipzig just to have any of your games complete.

2 Likes

Fum fact. I have. And I buy the virtual ticket because I am not giving 200 for a 2 days conv + flights + hotel + etc. While I can watch it at home, jumping stages, with the camera in front of the speakers and full screen videos.

Also the virtual ticket include goodies for every game, its not Overwatchcon.

Make it physical stuff not stuff that effects overwatch players from left field

You are confusing my breaking point vs what I consider good business practices that doesn’t abuse your player base.

Just because you don’t want everything doesn’t mean it’s a bad deal just means it’s a bad deal for you.

1 Like

You’re buying the entire package. Don’t the package? Don’t get it.

Just because the only thing you want in that package is Sombra, does not mean that’s the entire value of the product. I’m sorry, but it doesn’t work the way you want it to work.

3 Likes

I just want the sombra skin too. Maybe the same as the all star genji and tracer skins. $10 at most.

Suppose I love airline meals. Specifically, the food served on a flight between Los Angeles and Shanghai. Does that meal cost $1,000?

Or, suppose the only thing I like about Overwatch is Lucio ball. Is Lucio ball a $40 game?

So you’re saying… This skin is worth more? Well what’s the problem then?

They should give us the option to at least buy the skin for $10 or something like the Nano Challenge! So we can go around that paywall!
EA-Move Blizzard.