We CAN say that Sombras skin costs 40$

Let me explain what I’m talking about.

If I want to buy product A (and I’m willing to pay for that product), but the only way the I can buy the product A is by buying product B (that I don’t want) and get the product A for „free“ or as a „gift“, along with some other things that have no value to me, it means that product A costs the amount of money that I’m giving for product B.

If there is no other way to get that skin then to give 40$ for virtual ticket, that means that the skin costs 40$ - there is no possible way to give less that 40$ and get that skin.

Furthermore, there is no way for me to „soften“ the financial blow by selling other gifts (that have no value to me) to somebody else – who also needs to spend 40$ to get that one „gift“ that he really wants.

46 Likes

It’s almost like it’s not a good deal if you don’t want what it offers.

46 Likes

Did you have a problem last year with Winston’s skin? Or the year before with bastion’s?

How about the card back each year for hearthstone? Or the mounts for WoW?

9 Likes

it’s a trasaction therefor people have every right to complain about the price and the contents of said product

9 Likes

No, you can’t. It’s not overwatchcon. Just play WoW, I guess?

3 Likes

This. It’s also like you don’t have to buy it either if that’s the case. Or maybe I’m just crazy.

1 Like

Excuse me, but are we really going to compare recolors with logos straped on them with skin that clearly, objectively, took A LOT more effort to make?

Or you think that Winstons and Bastions skin have the same polish as this Sombras skin?

19 Likes

Oh so your only upset cause it looks cool. Not that they have done this before with skins. Good to know

Oh and the other goodies you can sell them to other people or gift them or whatever.

13 Likes

It really should have had the valla coloring tho. Looks way nicer

3 Likes

Cmon man you’re making a chicken out of a feather.

7 Likes

The skin is sombra??

1 Like

I really like some PlayStation exclusives, like Spooderman and Horizon Dino Colony.

I don’t want to spend money for a console that I’ll likely never use out of one or two games, despite knowing I’d enjoy those games.

So I don’t.

Why is this such a pain point?

10 Likes

Honestly… I don’t give a damn about the other games mentioned so I can’t really go with an opinion on card backs or mounts…
But the skins formerly were no real issue since they were clearly screaming: “THIS IS A BLIZZCON SKIN!”
The Sombra skin really feels more like it should belong to the crossover skins that shipped with Blizzard World… Ala Nova/Kerrigan Widowmaker, Magni Torbjörn, etc

3 Likes

Can’t you see how manipulative this looks?

Those skins really were „gifts“ – something that you got extra – not the sole motivation why some people buyed virtual ticket (again, I’m not saying that there aren’t people who bought them just for those skins, but those were probably minority).

The point of this is not for people who would’ve buyed virtual ticket anyway to get something better – the point is that they attract the people who want JUST the skin – becuse they will sell more tickets!

The sole purpose of that skin is to sell more tickets, just like it was the case with Lucios emote.

It’s not reward – it’s bait!

6 Likes

I want the Blizzard virtual pass because I’m actually interested in the event, the interviews, the behind the scenes etc etc. Winston’s skin was just a bonus, but not the reason why I paid to get the ticket.

If I have the chance, I’ll be getting a virtual ticket for this year too, for, you know, everything that comes with the pass. Sorry, but you can’t have everything per convenience. If you want the skin alone, then it’s 40$ for you and your decision, but if you’re interested in everything else, the skin isn’t as important and you’d enjoy the event while sitting in your pajamas.

9 Likes

Don’t buy it, dear, simple as that. You didn’t buy the skins last year? I suppose not, but now it’s not okay for it to be “40 $” just because you like it, I’m sorry, that’s not how the world works.

8 Likes

Then blizzcon is not for you. That’s fine but again they have given skins before. And as I have said in many a thread, this demon Hunter skin is to tie in with the reveal of Diablo 4. That’s why it is Blizzcon exclusive. I bet a lot of the other goodies are going to based around Diablo.

1 Like

You CAN say it but you are wrong. Complaining about a single cosmetic is ridiculous anyway, and all these people are complaining for no reason because blizzard is not going to give the blizzcon skin to everyone because it would take away it’s purpose of being a special gift to the people who supported blizzcon.

5 Likes

Blizzard is basically acting like a car dealership here. “Oh, you just want the climate control for a fair price? Too bad, you have to get these 22” rims and the deluxe interior package to get it".

2 Likes

So question, how does one buy the virtual ticket? Not for blizzcon itself, but just the skin and extras?

Do I need to hook up my account to something?