Valkyrie Playstyle

Yeah some forums still have it mostly anime related tbh, this one is cringy though.

1 Like

Basically this. I really like signing off my posts, it’s something I’ve done for years on various forums. There was actually a few of us who had sigs on the original forums as well. It was quite lovely to say the least - Mostly for personal preference :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Oh please, they were very clearly making fun of their mental health.

Pretty much everyone ignored that comment to focus on the cult one, which I found odd.

4 Likes

Lmao
That’s where your happiness with her state came from then XD

So is calling a group a cult not saying they’re a cult unless they’re actually a cult? I mean, it’s really strange how you’re ignoring one part of the argument.

Here’s a short list of things a cult does behavior wise that most Mercy’s are doing as well:

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and regards their beliefs, ideology, and practices as the truth/law – I’ve hardly seen Mercy’s question whether or not the entire idea of Mass rez is good for anyone except Mercy if they follow the idea of Reverting her
  • Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished — Yes, all non-mercy’s are “punished” through mass flags or discouraged through massive uproar from a select few who, in turn, get upvoted by other Mercys
  • The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel – Essentially, you’re either for revert/rework or not a true Mercy main. Though this may not be the goal, it’s certainly the implication.
  • Mind-altering practices (such as chanting) are used in excess to suppress doubts about the idea of the group – This is what we like to call spam
  • The group has a polzarizing “us vs them” mentality – This has been a thing since her rework and it’s not Blizzard’s fault here
  • The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means necessary to achieve their goal – Many Mercy’s have been punished from spamming or trolling, yet they continue to come back under the idea that proceeding with the spam is going to accomplish their goal.
  • The most loyal members feel as though there is no life outside of the group – Many mercys feel as there is no game without her being in her previous state, despite there being quite a few other heroes.

Source: Take Back Your Life: Recovering from Cults and Abusive Relationships By Janja Lalich and Madeleine Tobias 2006.

Mercy’s have quite a few of the things on the checklist of how to tell if a group is a cult.

While you may not be a cult (which many seem to think I meant, of which I did not), you’re certainly acting like a cult. That’s scary and not really okay for any sort of environment.

1 Like

Uh… Yes? You don’t call a group of people something that they are not. Especially if you have no proof that backs up your claim. Not unless you want to be seen as a narrow-minded individual.

Calling anyone a “cult member” or even saying that they are “acting like a cult” is toxic behavior, because you are stereotyping a group of people and spreading false rumors about them as being a part of a organization that society views as cynical and derogatory. It is an insult through and through, no matter what way you try to spin it. So, the term is not justified, nor appropriate in any circumstance when you’re talking about someone or a group of people that you don’t personally know.

Also for the record, calling someone “mental” is not justified either. The point I believe being made is that if you’re being toxic to someone, don’t suddenly overlook your own toxic behavior because the response they gave you was also toxic, and then question why you got the backlash. It still doesn’t make what you said first as correct, and is just as wrong as the response you were given.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

6 Likes

Nope, no way I am going to watch them Garrosh, my undead queen.

PS - Jaina is like ordering vanilla icecream at a Baskin Robbins. :slight_smile: FOR THE HORDE!

3 Likes

People are toxic against every healer if he didn’t heal, you couldn’t able to do anything so Why care

Quit flying to the enemy team

Totally agree

It is not, stop rezzing in the middle of the enemy team

No hero can heal through “wiping ults” beside zen and lucio ults so?

Even zen can’t stop burst abilities. Only Lucio or Brigitte can do that.

Mercy can stop them but only after her allies die.

• All the Mercy topics for a revert.

Just, gonna leave this here…

When I say Mercy Topics referring to a revert.
I specifically mean those who JUST want a revert.
Which is what a revert is.

The OP just wants a revert, or they’d ask for another rework.
The Megathread existed.

Original Ideas = Fine
Spamming “REVERT” parodies = Not fine.

1 Like

Are you talking about her pre-rework pick-rate? If you are, it’s because Moira is a thing now.

This thread is a parody of another. The parody is that it shares the exact opposite view of the original. So no… This does not exactly fit the description of a “duplicate thread.”

Also, a mod has already visited this thread and made changes to it. So, I think we are done here. Good looking out though! :smiley:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

It’s literally an ad-lib of my post. Quite literally, almost sentence by sentence your post is my post.

Sharing the opposite viewpoint doesn’t change anything. Did anyone teach you about copying in school? You’re not supposed to copy word for word, otherwise you’d be caught.

And you were caught. And now we’re calling you out on it.

They clearly weren’t thorough enough as this:

Is still here.

1 Like

AKA’MAGOSH BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THE HORDE!!!

We shall fight with blood and honor! Lok’narash! We shall fight to make this world a better one for the Horde! Lok’tar Ogar!

… I actually really dislike where they are taking Sylvanas’ character.

Sorry for the off topic.

1 Like

I don’t think “anything” was caught. I was quite clear in saying that my thread is a parody of yours. I clearly stated that it was sarcasm, a mod saw the thread, and changes were made. So [citation needed]. What are we “catching” exactly now?

And I apologize, but I certainly disagree. Since I have explained that my thread as an opposite to yours, they are no longer duplicates… Similar in format perhaps, but they are no longer objectively the same thing. Pretty sure of that. My view is completely against everything you said in your thread, hence this post. :slight_smile:

Oh, I’m sorry. Are you trying to question the mods here? I don’t believe making judgment calls on “how thorough” they are is an appropriate thing to say.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

TIL that words mean nothing and if you say the same thing as someone else but with a different meaning behind it, their words are now yours.

Oh, I’m sorry, but would you like to be called mental? Would you like to be told you deserve to be in a straight jacket? No? Okay. Didn’t think so.

I cry ;-;

ples add me, must have more WoW friends ;-;

1 Like

Would you like to be told you’re apart of a cult for simply not liking a character’s kit? No?

3 Likes

Man, it’s almost as if context doesn’t exist right?