Mass Rez promoted "Suicide Playstyle"

Let’s be honest here, it did. Without a doubt, it did.

Between the amount of times you were told to die on the point as one of Mercy’s allies to the amount of times you were yelled at because you didn’t, it promoted a toxic playstyle.

This is one of the main reasons why it was removed and replaced with Valkyrie.

However, if you think Valkyrie is boring, you’re simply not putting enough into it. If all you’re doing is using it to double your range and stay out of sight of the enemy, you’re doing it wrong. It’s that simple, you’re doing it wrong.

Her ult buffs her entire kit, but instead of using the entire kit, you use the part that you believe is the least amount of fun? Sounds like a problem with your playstyle and not Mercy’s kit imo.

NB4 Mercys come at me saying that I’m ignorant or don’t have an opinion

96 Likes

ah yes having a bigger AoE during valk and infinite ammo is totally not boring

47 Likes

I mean, the devs tried to make it good and cool with rez charges n stuff. That sure didn’t work.

6 Likes

You dare have an opinion other than “revert Mercy”?’!? Unacceptable. The high council of Mercy mains condemn you.
/s

53 Likes

Most of the people didn’t even play back then, and want mass rez “back” smh

2 Likes

acutally, a lot of mercy mains came out with a ton of different, creative and usually balanced ideas on the forums, but kept getting ignored and silenced. They just gave up and started the #revertmercy thing

86 Likes

I never saw that tactic used.

8 Likes

well thats true ¯_(ツ)_/¯ there’s a difference between hiding and trying to not get killed in the middle of a fight and staying in the backline, that’s how mercy worked back then and how she still works now. the ones who would wait for 5 man rez are the boosted ones, not the “good” mercy mains above diamond. and oh man i can’t tell how many boosted people are in this game, playing literally any hero, whenever it’s a dps, healer or tank

27 Likes

I never saw those. They were all drowned out by revert Mercy. I remember when someone would make a thread actually suggesting ideas, they’d essentially be taken over by the revert Mercy crowd.

5 Likes

Mercy players ressed already falled allies. Noone, other than the SR abusers called “die on the point”. I myself have done this once or twice. And after ressing 5 people all of us were punished immediately as we got high nooned and everyone but the rein died, thus making us lose the point and essentially the game.

Yes, it buffs ALMOST her entire kit. But does it buff it in an impactful way? No.
50 hps, no matter if AoE or not, will not save anyone with the dmg creep that is in the game currently. The dmg boost is fine as it can help build up other ults, but essentially if you are dmg boosting you a much much weaker supercharger.
The free flight makes you easy target for widows (I myself with MY aim find it easier killing valk mercys than normal mercys). So whats left. Her pistol. If I wanna dmg I’m gonna go dps, really.

Valk is not fun, not even very impactful unless its an already favorable fight. Resurrect is a death wish and her healing. No. Her healing can’t save anyone. Unless you are pharamercy-ing in plat and below

Also on your comment "if you just hide and heal from 60 meters away you are doing it wrong). Well dude, do you want me to go in the rein hammer range. Or into that soldier/mccree ult? Ye I’m making it right like that.

64 Likes

Mass rez absolutely had to go but valkyrie is primarily an economic ult. Calling it weak means you have terrible gamesense, but calling it boring is accurate. >85% of the time using it to stay out of reach is simply the right play to make. As fun as it is to go full Neptuno and snag 2 kills after GA boosting into the enemy backline it’s not realistic to expect that to be the optimal play with any degree of regularity.

4 Likes

Maybe before the healing nerf, ye. It wasn’t weak. But now I dare saying its the least impactful ultimate in the game (after widow’s one. Hers scales off of that how the widow utilizes it and if she is good or not)

3 Likes

Except the point that mass rez had to go, i agree with the post about valk is boring but still powerful.
Glorified spectator mode can’t be categorized as fun.

1 Like

I’ve heard that exact phrase a lot in QP. There were a lot of people who thought that it genuinely helped their team. For casual players the idea of tempo rezzing being better was very counterintuitive.

The SR abusers were the ones rezzing after the fight was finished.

1 Like

I’m a casual player but i always played with tempo rezzing when mass rez is on.

I’m talking about competitive here. I have barely 20-30 hrs on QP. I usually ressed 2-3 people with ults. 5 man resses usually were making my team easy target for a grav/shatter combo, or just pure deadeye/hanzo ult/pharah ult etc etc.

Tempo resses were far superior, considering how fast res charged, sadly not many realized it and because of them people started complaining mass res was op and she was essentially reworked and brought to this… miserable state.

Also the SR abusers are the guys screaming “die on point”. As they hid and just went in for the 4-5 man res…

5 Likes

This never happened to me

Besides “die on point” means the team was nowhere near the point to begin with, so it also means “get on point”

6 Likes

well,

found a few threads, i don’t think that everyone is bashing on them for not asking for a revert

8 Likes

It happened in comp too, I’m just saying there were a lot more people other than the SR abusers that said die on point and went for 5 man rezzes.

Personally I’ve always called for a third rework based around fluid tempo rezzes.

I think mass would’ve been fine if invuln wasn’t granted for Mercy and it had around the same cost as valk has now. (after the 50 hps nerf, it’s cost is basically increased by 17%)

If you have a zen/lucio accompanying mercy then she wouldnt have to take cover after earthshatter/grav as these 2 supps can saave the fallen with their ults. Then again comes the problem with people wanting to play her like HideNRes, which I guess could not be avoided easily.