(Updated) Jeff and Geoff finally responded to Mercy feedback

Partially, yeah. Just don’t like how she names devs and talks about them like they are the biggest pieces of dookie >.< That’s the only reason I dislike the videos myself, not because of her theory, but because of her attitude towards other living breathing human beings. The day she stops that, I’ll stop disliking her videos, and maybe even subscribe :smiley:

4 Likes

My thoughts are did someone just claim that well supported Mercy feedback was “emotional” and claim that he FEELS already tested 60 HPS on Valk will make her on par with other healers? Because if so, well, that is our problem right there, these are the people running the show.

14 Likes

Imo a hero like Mercy can never be fun without also overshadowing the other healers.

Having fun on Mercy usually means effectively sustaining yourself and your team in a fight, but being the least mechanically-demanding hero in the game, if she’s able to do that then she will always be better than the other healers because she’s so much easier.

11 Likes

Brigitte and Moira say “Hi”.

3 Likes

I can’t believe the developers have read the forums and have thought the people suggesting Mercy reworks want her to be the best in the game.

I fikgnsbjfdbsfhjsbd fhasbfjidkasbnfjoklsadnbfhlsojkadhnfokasfnhjskanfjdfopsjfksdnbgjsb does it get anymore tone deaf

27 Likes

He was right on the money, just like with many things but then again certain community will find reasons, no matter what, to complain about the devs.

Like Dr House said : If you do it , its bad. If you dont, its worse.

Some people is never happy :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

around 45 minute mark

3 Likes

He said “a lot of the feedback” which is some key context to clarify here. He didn’t say all people commenting on Mercy or all Mercy mains, but he acknowledges that there are ‘emotional’ responses. He didn’t say that all of it is. And another user posted the streamer’s clip to verify this.

2 Likes

The difference between these two and Mercy is they both at least have to interact with the enemy team and fight to do their job, and they both have the bility to act independantly.

The most interaction Mercy will have with the enemy team is running away from them.

None of the three heroes are very mechanically intensive, but Mercy doesn’t have to fight and relies on her team to function, which is why I say she requires less skill.

The seem to think Balance is step 1. Fun is step 2.

Brigitte is an off healer. She can’t heal as reliable as Mercy and Moira can.

Moira has:

• AOE healing.
  • AOE healing orbs.
  • Resource meter.

Mercy has:

• Auto aim.
  • No ammo or resource meter.
  • Can heal through barriers.
  • Single healing.
  • Less HPS.

If you’d ask me then I would say Mercy is the easier healer to play.

I think the only way to make Mercy more fun to play is with a second rework, but right now are there other heroes who need more attention than Mercy, and to be honest, I don’t think the developers want to rework Mercy right now. They seem to want to make the current Mercy to work.

2 Likes

I think I found evidence that this feedback is not being read.
Okay let’s go to Titaniums proposed rework for a second, though I do not agree with it let’s go thorugh it and find out where it would be for balance.
So removing the Pacify E ability, we have a cast time mass rez that dosen’t have any invulnerability
INstant cast but no invuln Mercy was an F tier and invuln brought her up to C tier,
So Pacify, the E they suggested has to be powerful enough to bring an F tier hero up to a balanced state, and it’s basically just a reverse discord orb (that reduces damage outgoing rather then incoming) attached to a damn skillshot.

Every time i look at that design I think “Damn that would be UP AF” but people rally behind this idea as something they’d support.

So the fact Jeff is saying “people won’t be happy unless she’s a must pick” is just more evidence that he’s not reading feedback.

21 Likes

All of these people saying Mercy isn’t fun anymore… I don’t get it. The core of Mercy has not changed. At least the core of her fun factor: Guardian Angel. Unless you somehow derive fun from Mercy in some other way…

Guardian Angel has received buffs and Mercy is more fun than ever to move around.

Do you tie fun to being able to use mass resurrection? I’m honestly confused. What makes her “not fun” when the most fun part of her kit has been buffed or largely unchanged?

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Mercy is in a nice spot right now, especially with 60hps valk she doesn’t really need any more attention.

3 Likes

Agreed, the support Patch was perfect and Mercy just needs some buffs to be balanced

1 Like

Some form of the instant cast multi rez was the only Burst impact Mercy has ever had.
That burst impact was replaced by EZ mode that vnot only dosen’t feel impactful but actually takes away so many of the skills and fun movement of the base kit
And E rez is self CC which is not only feeling like it’s unfairly vulnerable ( for a hero who’s base kit is fun because of the cat and mouse game you have to play) is not fun to use,

Has this not been explained countless times.

6 Likes

By saying they don’t want Mercy to be the best or worst it literally makes no sense for them to make her F-Tier as that is against what they want. They did read it however F-Tier isn’t a solution for them.

1 Like

Good response. Most people won’t be happy until she is the best or worst, and most people give the valk buff to little credit.

2 Likes

Other than currently being able to resurrect one person of course. :wink:
You can describe Valkyrie as superficially as you want, it doesn’t change Guardian Angel from being the most fun part.

Also, Valkyrie is really fun, I like being able to get to parts of the map and fight that I couldn’t before. To say Valkyrie takes away from the fun movement of her base kit… I don’t even understand how you could make such a claim. It makes everything about her better.

Who knows, perhaps I just like the character for who they are.

It is not “self CC”. Again, a superficial or shallow explanation of something you don’t like. It is time for counter-play to one of the best abilities in the game. If resurrection on E was instant would it be fun again? It’s not that big a deal.

The time it takes to resurrect makes you actually have to think about it more.

You’re not everyone, Melke, so if it’s been explained countless times by you or other people that’s only their opinion. I want to know several points.

Personally, I find your explanations very… underwhelming, incredibly biased, and honestly a little shallow.

Your response did nothing to actually explain why she isn’t fun, unless you tie fun to mass resurrection (which it seems like you do). Which is really weird.

I don’t play Pharah for Barrage.
I don’t play Lucio for Sound Barrier.
And I never played Mercy for Mass resurrection.

1 Like

The issue is there is no one single united voice on the forums. Mercy mains don’t have a united voice - they’re mini groups over overlapping ideas, opinions. And non-Mercy mains are the same. And Jeff addresses that in a weird way. He says “a lot of feedback” where he acknowledges the emotionally driven players on both the for and against side of these debates and they clearly stand out enough to be mentioned. He doesn’t deny the presence of other opinions, and apparently didn’t acknowledge them outright either. What we have seen is that these ‘emotionally driven’ responses are an obstacle for talking about Mercy and that’s something that needs to be thought about.

2 Likes