[UPDATED] Being treated as a new player

All my stuff is gone. All my stats, skins, heroes are all locked, and it’s making me do the tutorials. I’ve only played on Xbox, never on any other platform. I linked my accounts back when they released crossplay…

And I totally understand it just released, there’s going to be issues but I just need Blizzard to acknowledge this. I cannot start over. I won’t.

UPDATE 18 HOURS LATER: I have the Merge Account button but nothing happens when I press it.

UPDATE #2: They’ve acknowledged our problem! Our stuff is safe!! Now we just wait…

ANOTHER UPDATE:

187 Likes

Same here man, it’s tough i’m not sure there’s anything they can do or will do

10 Likes

Yeah same, mine’s been completely wiped too

6 Likes

Same everything is gone

4 Likes

Same problem here as many others hopefully they fix this soon

4 Likes

This. My Battle Net account is only linked to my Xbox account, has been since crossplay release. Even double checked to see that my current phone number is only being used for this Xbox linked Battle Net account. Everything checks, I did not migrate because the e-mail said I didn’t needed to if I only had progress on 1 account.

They acknowledge a lot about skins not being transferred, but it seems that the “Blank player bug” is being overlooked.

18 Likes

Same here. Commenting so devs can see account and help if possible

6 Likes

Yeah I just logged in and felt at a loss. Multiple skins, golden weapons gone. I played this game a lot and now it feels kinda worthless lol

If they don’t fix this I don’t think i’ll be playing overwatch 2 at all, considering I’ll have to unlock ALL THE CHARACTERS as well

14 Likes

Same. Everything is gone, I never had multiple accounts, I only ever played on PS4.

12 Likes

Same here. Hopefully the devs are able to fix this issue.

4 Likes

Same. All my stuff is gone. I have only played on xbox and i dont have jack now.

6 Likes

I play on Switch and am having the exact same problem. It’s really disheartening…

5 Likes

All my stuff is gone, spent tons of money and hundreds of hours in overwatch 1 on ps4. Game is treating me as a brand new player.

8 Likes

yup. played on ps4, transferred my data before ow1 closed. all my stuff is gone. hurts.

2 Likes

Yep from GM to new player this is going to be a big issue for the comp system for people who are new to the game. I hope this gets fixed since losing the progress and cosmetics is painful but the entire aspect of the SMS was to avoid smurfing now we just have higher ranked players just trying to climb lol.

5 Likes

Not sure if it’ll even do anything but I’m reinstalling the game right now

6 Likes

Same here. Unbelievable oversight

4 Likes

lmk if it works cause i’m thinking about it.
the only reason i haven’t yet is because my internet isn’t the fastest…

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

i platinum overwatch on ps4 and my account has nothing. Nothing about merge or anything figure i was playing on same system with same account i have nothing to worry about. If my data is gone am done. i wont play. am not starting over.

6 Likes