[Main Thread] Account information missing

If I didn’t merge my account in overwatch 1, does that mean I lost all my progress in overwatch 2?

Just an update on mine. My merge option is now gone and i have relogged in. No change. Still missing all progress, items, and characters are still locked. Reopened my ticket as they marked it answered 15 hours ago with the same canned reply we all got.

Never have i ever wanted a refund from a purchase i made over a few years ago until now

1 Like

We have an update if folks have seen it. It appears that things are not lost, but it may take a bit to get them back.

Also the SMS phone thing has been removed for past players who purchased OW1. It is in that link.

Problems with Account Merge (Missing Player Items/Data)

Tl;dr: You have not lost any items or progress, though some players are logging in and seeing some/all elements missing from their collection.

2 Likes

Same like I have none of my skins nor my account level!

1 Like

No one’s account is truly wiped/deleted/lost. Please check the announcement forum for an update.

6 Likes

The weird part for me is my console account got wiped and replaced with my PC progress (which is nowhere near my Console progress and cosmetics) so I’m still hoping ill get my console progress and that my PC account that was originally linked to Battle.net didn’t just replace it completely. Also FYI I never/haven’t account merged yet.

Still not synced on Xbox. Linked my Battle and Xbox accounts 20 hours ago. Verified after waiting 25 minutes in a queue on the title screen. Wonderful

Same, i dont have the OW1 skins and i have to do the tutorial. Is very frustatting and i dont know if i fuse de acconts i will lose the chance to recover everything

Finally an official response acknowledging and detailing the problem.

Thank you Blizzard.

I’m in the same boat. 2400 hours played and nothing merged over. I only play on Xbox and my accounts have lays been linked to battlenet . Honestly the queues are expected but the account merge issue is unacceptable. Also my friends list on Xbox overwatch is jacked displaying names of other people on my friends list.

2 Likes

same it sucks to have all you progress gone but I hope we all can have back on what we lost

2 Likes

Does that mean i can safely play overwatch on this wiped beginner edition of my account without worrying about it overwriting the 2000s hours i had in overwatch 1 with tons of money invested in it

2 Likes

It means you likely did not merge your account. Did you read the announcement?

1 Like

I just spent like 20 mins crying I’ve been playing since symetra threw shields ! And now I get a new account with nothing in it a complete Joke ! :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Had my account merged and phone number added before the ow2 update, account is like a new one in the two times I’ve signed in.

Can they get it back if someone did not see any anouncement ?

I’m the same. I’m so incredibly mad and honestly a little panicked. It kicked my anxiety into hard drive. I’m super scared that I really did just lose everything. Nearly 700 hours on Mercy alone, have all her skins (including paid), her golden gun. I really, mostly, just want her stuff… I paid 60 for the original game and another like… 30 for Mercy’s stuff. That’s money down the drain if this isn’t fixed, and so many hours of my life just gone.

Why isn’t anyone reading the announcement addressing the missing cosmetics etc?

It’s right here:

in #announcements

I did. My account has long been merged, i played the ow2 beta with all skins and same stats and even played ow1 often in recent months because i was collecting for ow2s release.