Unnecessary Zen Nerf

Well I’m in Bronze as of this season so that isn’t going to happen like ever. XD I’m fine with protecting myself. Would be nice if I had the tools to do that though, even if it was skill-reliant.

When OWL players were asked which hero should be nerfed the majority responded with either Tracer or Mercy, this was before Mercy’s nerf.

Not one player responded with Zenyatta.

3 Likes

Nothing stopping her from flying away the second is hook is over.
Thanks to his massive 33% damge reduction nerf - even if he crits her on hook she has more than enough health and armor to fly away like nothing happened.

People responded with Zenyatta. I fully remember that video.

But, like I said, the nerf feels unnecessary.

it helps if you’re behind a shield or with your team instead of being badly positioned by yourself

If you hook her while she’s using thrusters, they’ll be on cooldown. She can DM, but only for a maximum of two seconds. It’s pretty easy to demech her as Hog, and even if she manages to fly away, you can usually finish her off with a couple M2s to the back, since she can’t DM your shots while flying away from you.

The same applies to Zenyatta.

And the league continues to ruin the game :frowning:

I just don’t know what to think anymore. Zen has been upheld as the epitome of balance for about as long as Tracer.

And I still say there was always counterplay to orb volley. Sightlines and barriers. It’s not like he was accidentally headshotting people as much as a sniper yet those counterplay are just fine for them.

I hate being forced to rely on teammates to keep me alive or esle I’m just dead the entire game. It’s not fun. Give me control over my own survivability. Make it insanely skill-reliant, I don’t care, just let me have that control. God knows everyone else has that against me.

I also dont think most of the people claiming most of his volley kills are accidental actually play him. The vast majority of mine are intended.

4 Likes

Only if you have a very clueless d.va that flies straight away from you. I unfortunetly never encounter such D.vas they will fly up and over a building to avoid any sort of follow up damage.

1 Like

I don’t think most volley kills are accidental. But you seriously cannot deny that there aren’t a lot that are.

Pull them into areas where they don’t have a good escape. Strafe around them, bodyblock them, scare them into areas that are harder to escape from.

1 Like

As I said, while acknowledging that my memory is fallible, I don’t remember there being very many times where I got a crazy random kill that seems like pure luck, and you tend to remember those times of how crazy random they are. A lot of mine were achieved by actually triyig to aim at heads.

I get vastly more random kills with Sym’s alt fire. Like orders of magnitude more.

I swear people don’t even LOOK at the patch notes before they complain.

FIRE! RATE! They didn’t TOUCH the charge rate.

and I admitted that isn’t as bad as I thought but I still don’t think it was justified.

“Accidental” might not be the most accurate wording. It’s morseo firing a volley at a corner that you think someone might walk out of and getting lucky that they do.

I apologize I did not see that. I swear this infinite scrolling on this website is horrendous.

Prediction is a thing. Other heroes can also spam corners and get kills. There’s a crazy amount of randomness in this game. I don’t believe this happens SO MUCH with Zen that it’s so absolutely necessary. Hell I’ve NEVER seen someone complain about it on here when people complain about literally everything.

2 Likes

Your Overwatch is calling it the Jjonak nerf. And it feels that way.

Yes, but you’re either ignorant of the truth or just not playing to Zen’s full potential if you think that every kill on someone rounding a corner was some godlike prediction as opposed to a shot in the dark lucky shot on someone you didn’t know was there. I’m not saying every volley is a lucky shot, I’m just saying they’re a lot more common than you think.

1 Like