Uhhh, Can we nerf Roadhog?

I’d still much rather face a hog than a mauga or orisa. In fact, I much prefer to fight hog than DVa or rein either. Those 2 are the most boring games with so much damage mitigation which seems to be up almost all the time.

I’d take current hog on the other team any time over those. And you say his breather and sustain is what makes him brainless. Why pick on why you think a tank is brainless and instead just say that some tanks are very low-skill, which brings us to orisa and mauga way before hog. At least hog has to get hooks while mauga and orisa are just frustratingly unkillable without a zen and/or ana.

Hog can be annoyingly hard to kill, but nowhere near as annoying hard as orisa, even after the nerfs, and even Zarya can be harder to kill than hog if she gets decent heals (already had 2 games against the same zarya+mercy duo today and the zarya had 0 deaths in both).

1 Like

hook alone does NOT have a consistent one shot on anyone except tracer and widow (and baby dva) without pigpen and pigpen has a 14 second cooldown and can be broken. his self heal doesnt even heal half of his max hp anymore if the dps passive is on him which it almost always is in fights. heals only use right now is the damage resistance which isnt even 50% anymore making it very easy to die while healing if just 2 people are shooting you. he is insanely easy to counter pick, zen, ana, dva do really well against him as long as the dva eats anyone he hooks so he cant kill them. hog definitely has way higher entry level skill than rien or a more meta tank orisa or mauga, you HAVE to hit hooks, you HAVE to be smart with pigpen, you CANT be out of position or you will die, and you HAVE to track so many cooldowns like pretty much all tank cd’s, and most support cd’s. the only thing he has going for him is he’s not bullied as much by boops with the buffs this season but if you keep booping him he IS still likely to miss most his hooks even after the bonus knockback resistance. legit skill issue or youre just a dps player in which your only counter play is shooting him and out ranging him but plenty of other tanks rely on your team to deal with, you need to have someone peel for dive tanks if you get dove by one most of the time, i dont see how hog requiring your team to do something is any different

2 Likes

Well, you and I both know that’s unlikely to happen.

That said, part of the issue with “D.va is too weak” is that she’s actually the most picked Tank in GM. And the most picked Tank overall.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes?platform=pc&gameMode=competitive&role=tank&skillTier=grandmaster&timeWindow=month
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes?platform=pc&role=tank&timeWindow=month

So if anything, the should probably do something that’s a “Nerf to D.va but narrowly targeted at her value in GM”
And then buff her more generic viability.

Assuming they even think there’s a problem in the first place.

It’s actually so joever we have brainlets like this trying to downplay their hero and convince everyone Hog is somehow bad

Get real

1 Like

im just saying hes really easy to counter as support and tank and just generally worse than mauga or orisa and i think dva looks pretty good this season but i think we need more time to say for sure, hog has very little ways to defend himself just his heal/damage resistance so debuffs and dot just kinda shred him

1 Like

They’ll revert it or change it unless they want to continue to bleed tank players. I thought it was going to be bad. I didn’t realize how bad it actually was going to be. It feels absolutely terrible. I really was kinda hoping I was overreacting in my doom posting before the patch, but the reality actually ended up being worse.

just made a post with the top 500 pick rates. It’s not as dramatic as you think. Also, Overbuff is not reliable. The site is busted. It doesn’t even have the Champion rank. I don’t trust it. I do trust the top 500 leader board.

The best of the best are not picking her at those rates. And it’s not just her. I played Rein yesterday as well as Ram and they both felt way worse than before to me.

Which is difficult to understand, because Tank player counts are way up, and D.va/Rein are decently popular picks at all ELOs.

That said, what I think you’re getting at is more of the “feels bad” angle, not the “is too weak” angle.

So out of all the Tanks, which Tank do you feel “feels the most bad” in this patch.

Yes, hello. Does anyone remember when Sigma got nerfed because his one shot combo was actually too fast to one shot combo everyone around?

Yeah, now just imagine that without a 50km chain snatching babies from their cribs and even without line of sight xD

Great times

Now fatty has both their old primary and secondary fires merged together, + a trap? that we can’t even tell if its from ally or enemy hog, and breather… just makes Rein look like a joke among all tanks xD

Let’s remove Ana and Zen from the game for 1 year. Hog players can feed for free and have fun in their dead game.

There’s absolutely no way that you can know that. And when I select all roles, I still mostly get tank.

People love these heroes. It doesn’t even matter how good they are. People who love these tanks would rather not play or play a different role than play a different tank a lot of the time. I flex on tank, but most D.Va mains I know are either 1-tricks or 2-tricks.

And yes, it hasn’t been long enough for top 500 or Overbuff or anything to reflect actual stats yet. But it does feel worse. I feel like I’m dying way faster and having to hide more. On top of that, every D.Va player in our discord group has had a lower win rate this past week. So, I think it probably is weaker. I know several people very frustrated with this patch besides myself.

So weakest or most negatively impacted? Weakest maybe Ramattra. Most negatively impacted D.Va.

Strongest are Winston and Hog. And most tanks hate Hog.

I do… It’s a format problem, when you expect one person to do everything you need that person to be very strong and capable,the big numbers tanks will always be the most viable if the game continues this trajectory. Two weaker tanks is better for the game than one giga tank that just exists to be a bullet sponge.

1 Like

This is my issue as a support main with Hog and Mauga specifically, they force you to play a certain way or your team is screwed. Like I just want to play Kiriko man, but I’ve gotten so much better at Zenyatta because of these two so that is a bonus.

2 Likes

Only people who don’t hate hog are hog players

3 Likes

Doesn’t blow up instantly.

“”““Problematic””“”"

Doesn’t die ever no matter how much damage I do because supports are not Ana or Zen and they have a Kiriko and maybe even a Lifeweaver that keep bailing him out… yeah that’s kind-of an issue of game design.

2 Likes

Hog is one of the reasons I learned how to play Ana. The masses may hate you for picking her up as a main, but she makes battling Hog much less of a nightmare.

1 Like

We don’t need tank nerfs at the moment. We need to figure out how to make tanks as a role NOT feel like crap to play. And no, Hog isn’t what’s making that happen.

1 Like

Insta-gib or damage sponge. You have to pick one, or he’s useless.

It is one-shot, it oneshots reapper and mei even (w/o pig pen ability)

Straight to insults. That really enhances your argument. Oh wait, your argument is “hog is strong”. Great argument.

Hog is strong just now. He is not way OP though. But what does make him a little OP is that they have designed his strength around nade and discord being on the enemy team. He is built to be able to play against those. If the other team does not pick Ana or Zen then he becomes much harder to kill. This is a design issue not with hog, but with the way they have designed counters, and specifically with Ana who is oppressive to some tanks.

As I keep saying, fix Ana then weaken hog and mauga to not be strong enough to survive in games with 100% anti and discord.

Hog is also the single-most counterable tank in the game. Ball probably was in OW1 with cass stun and long hack, but in OW2 it’s very hard to kill a ball - they almost always escape. Hog however is countered not by killing him, but rather by making him useless. There are now so many counters to hook with the new supports each getting a counter of their own - Kiri with suzu, LW with pull (one of the best hook counters btw), illari with her knockback to escape for herself. Then there are the usual suspects - matrix, bubble, counter-hook, shields, sleep, nade, and any type of ranged damage which can make him regret ever leaving cover.

My tactic against hog is to go hanzo, soldier or cassidy and focus him every time he leaves cover, forcing him straight back behind it. I may not kill him, but I make him completely useless, and the hog player almost always swaps off.